Stalham and Sutton are villages in Norfolk.
The two villages are 2 miles apart, both within the Norfolk Broads and on dykes connected to the River And (just upstream from Barton Broad). Stalham is the larger of the two (population around 3000 compared to Sutton's population around 1000). Most travellers will be visiting in relation to the Broads and boating activities.
The villages both have marinas mainly berthing private craft.
Each village is on a dyke connecting to to the River Ant (which then flows into Barton Broad). Upstream the River Ant runs to Wayford and on to Dilham, connecting to the North Walsham & Dilham Canal.
There is a free Broads Authority mooring area on Sutton Staithe for around 22 boats as well as space for a further 5 upstream on the River Ant at Wayford Bridge.
Both villages are small enough to get around on foot but the villages are 2 miles apart.
- 1 The Museum of the Broads, The Staithe, Stalham NR12 9DA, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult £5.50; Child £2.50; Concession £5.
- 2 Old Vicarage Gardens, Vicarage Rd, East Ruston NR12 9HN, ☏ . W-Su 12:00-17:30. Extensive privately-owned gardens. No dogs. Adult £11, child £2.
- 1 Sutton Staith Boatyard (Day boat hire), Sutton Staithe, NR12 9QS, ☏ , ✉ maito:email@example.com. Open all year. Prices include life jackets, fuel, insurance and free car parking. Day boats will seat up to 8 people £30-£100 depending on season and duration (2-8 hrs).
- 2 Banks Boats (Day boat & Canoe Hire), Staithe Cottage, Wayford Bridge, NR12 9LN, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Tesco (Supermarket), Old Market Rd, Stalham, NR12 9AE, ☏ . M-Sa 08:00-22:00. Su 10:00-16:00. ATMs. Petrol (different hours).
- 2 [dead link] Sutton Pottery, Church Rd, Sutton, NR12 9SG, ☏ . M-F 09:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:00 (call first).
- 1 Oasis 2 (Indian Restaurant), 8 The Archway, Upper Staithe Rd, Stalham, NR12 9AQ, ☏ . Daily 12:00-14:00 & 17:00-23:00.
- 2 [dead link] The Mermaids Slipper (Restaurant), The Staithe, Stalham, NR12 9BY, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Th-Sa 18:30-last orders 21:00. Su 12:30-last orders 14:30.
- 1 The Swan Inn (Pun & Food), 90 High St, Stalham, NR12 9AU, ☏ . M-Sa from 11:00. Su from 12:00.
- 2 The Grebe (Pub, Restaurant & Rooms), 123 High St, Stalham, NR12 9BB, ☏ . M-Th 11:00-23:30. Fr 11:00-01:30. Sa Su 11:00-23:30.
- 1 Sutton Staithe Hotel, Staithe Rd, Sutton, NR12 9QS, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 The White House (B&B), Wayford Rd, Wayford, NR12 9LH, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. £65-£75 (single occupancy); £75-£85 (double occupancy).
- 3 Wayford Bridge Inn (Hotel & Restaurant), Wayford Rd, Wayford, NR12 9LL, ☏ , ✉ Info@wayfordbridge.co.uk. £65-£85 depending on season and occupancy.
- 1 Post Office, 41 High St, Stalham, NR12 9AH. M Tu 09:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:30. W 09:00-13:00. Th F 09:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:30. Sa 09:00-13:00.