This city is about 10 miles northwest of Boston.
A small city in Greater Boston.
Stoneham is located on Interstate 93, north of Boston. Exit 34 on I93N brings you near Spot pond and is exit only. To get back onto 93N or 93S, you need to drive a little bit to [Exit 36] which is the Montvale Ave exit. To re-enter 93N (only), an onramp near exit 34 is available. To renter 93S, an onramp near the Sheepfold reservation and Dog park.
- MBTA Bus 132 starts at Red Stone Shopping Center. It connects to the Orange line at Oak Grove.
- Parking in Stoneham is plentiful and usually easy.
- Downtown parking lots are metered, but not after 6PM Mon-Sat, and not on Sunday.
- Sidewalks are easy access and the town seems to be building more regularly.
- 1 Stone Zoo, 149 Pond St, ☎ . Apr-Sep weekdays 10AM-5PM, weekends and major holidays 10AM-6PM; Oct-Mar Daily 10AM-4PM. Adults $17.95, Seniors $15.95, Child (2-12) $11.95. Buy online to save 15%.
- Stoneham Theatre, 395 Main Street, ☎ . Wonderful old restored theatre.
- 1 Middlesex Fells Reservation, 4 Woodland Road, ☎ . Over 2500 acres for hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, or cross-country skiing. Includes 340 acre Spot Pond which offers sailing, kayak, canoe and rowboat rental during the summer. Sailing lessons are available. Off-road biking on fire roads. Large open picnic areas and more.
- Gaetano's, 271 Main St, ☎ . Italian.
- Sato II, 147 Main St, ☎ . Chinese/Japanese. Sushi pizza?
|Routes through Stoneham|
|Manchester ← Woburn ←||N S||→ Medford → Boston|
|Lawrence ← Reading ←||N S||→ Medford → Boston|