Talasari is a beach town in Balasore district of Odisha (formerly Orissa).
It is around 8-9 km from Digha and 3 km from Chandnaeswar temple. A cycle rickshaw takes 30-35 minutes to travel from Digha to Talasari. Fare - ₹80-100. It is 88 km from Balasore.
Cars are available from OTDC Hotel. A non AC Tata Sumo will cost you ₹250 to ₹275 (as of May/June 2011). It's a 15-minute drive from the new Digha railway station.
Cycle rickshaws are available.
Cars can be hired.
- 1 Talasari Beach —
- The fishing port: you can watch the fishing boats.
- There is a river by the beach. It gets submerged with high tide.
- A few red crabs can be seen on the beach.
- The river gets dried up twice a day. Again it gets filled with water once there is high tide. Once you cross the river using ferry boats you will reach the beach. The beach is quiet and the sea is calm. One can easily take a bath in the sea.
- There are few shops along the fishing port where you can ask them to cook crabs, chicken and fish, and they do it in the authentic Bengali/ Odia style.
- Move around the beach.
- Listen to the breeze.
- Walk along the river.
- Take a boat ride.
- Visit the nearby Chandaneshwar Temple.
- Nothing special. This is a cashew nut growing area. Look for it.
One generally has to eat in the place of stay. It's a half-day trip from Digha, so better carry some packed food. Awesome food is available at Digha.
You can eat at the Panthaniwas of OTDC or ask the local shops to cook crabs, fish, and chicken.
- Hotel Sita, Chandaneswar, ☏ . All rooms have a seaside-facing balcony with all modern amenities like TV and Geyser. They provide you with mosquito nets and the staff is extremely courteous.
- Panthasala (6 km (3.7 mi) from Digha Railway Station), ☏ . Run by the Odisha Tourism Development Corporation. Rooms ₹250-650, Dormitory ₹70.