Talasari is a beach town in Balasore district of Odisha (formerly Orissa).
It is around 8-9 km from Digha and 3 km from Chandnaeswar temple. A cycle rickshaw takes 30-35 minutes to travel from Digha to Talasari. Fare - ₹80-100. It is 88 km from Balasore.
Cars are available from OTDC Hotel. A non AC Tata Sumo will cost you ₹250 to ₹275 ( as of May/June 2011). It's just a 15 minute drive from the new Digha railway station.
Cycle rickshaws are available.
Cars can be hired.
- 1 Talasari Beach —
- The fishing port has recently been developed. You can watch the fishing boats.
- There is a river by the beach. It gets submerged with high tide.
- A few red crabs can be seen on the beach.
- The river gets dried up twice a day. Again it gets filled with water once there is high tide. Once you cross the river using ferry boats you will reach the beach. The beach is quiet and the sea is calm. One can easily take a bath in the sea.
- There are few shops along the fishing port where you can ask them to cook crabs/chicken/fish and they do it in the authentic Bengali/ Odia style.
- Move around the beach.
- Listen to the breeze.
- Walk along the river.
- Take a boat ride.
- Visit the nearby Chandaneshwar Temple.
- Nothing special. This is a cashew nut growing area. Look for it.
One generally has to eat in the place of stay. It's a half day trip from Digha, so better carry some packed food..... awesome food available at Digha.
One can eat at the Panthaniwas of OTDC or ask the local shops to cook crabs/fish/chicken.
- Hotel Sita, Chandaneswar, Telephone 232 530 Rates as of 2011 is ₹ 1150 for AC double bed room and ₹2400 for deluxe suites. All rooms have a seaside-facing balcony with all modern amenities like TV, Geyser,etc. They provide you with mosquito nets and the staff is extremely courteous.
- Hotel Sagar Saikat, Talasari, Chandaneswar, Telephone +91 89618 37326, +91 92315 44915, Rooms 700 - 1500. Click here to book online.
- Panthasala (Odisha Tourism Development Corporation),Talasari, PO Chandaneswar, Telephone +91 6781 232 528, Rooms ₹250-650, Dormitory ₹70.