Taliparamba is an important trading station of spices and hill produce. The undulating hills that surround this little town make it exceptionally beautiful. The surrounding villages of Pattuvam, Kuttikkol and Karimbam are filled with lush green fields and little rolling hills. The rivers of Kuppam and Valapattanam surround the towns from all sides and the Arabian sea is only 14km to the western side. Taliparamba is not known as a tourist destination even though it is a very scenic place. So you can expect a lot of attention without any touristy prices.
- Autorickshaws charge ₹15.00 per km
- Buses charge only ₹7.00 for three km.
- Walking is impossible as numerous motorcycles pester you even in village roads.
- Athiyadam Ayyappan Kavu, Pariyaram.
- Aivar Paradevadha Temple, Kupam. Scenic surroundings.
- 1 District Agricultural Farm, Karimbam (5 km), ☏ . Established in 1905 by Sir Charles Alfred Barber, this is the oldest continuously-operating government farm in Kerala. The farm has a rich bio diversity in 56 acres. The crops include coconut, areca nut, cashew, mango, sapota, jack, coffee, cocoa, nutmeg, clove and pepper and the adjoining paddy field attracts many nature lovers and environmentalists to the farm. Recognizing the importance of the flora and fauna of the station, Kannur District Panchayat established a Biodiversity Centre and an Indigenous Technology Knowledge Centre at the farm in 2005.
- 2 Krishna Temple, Trichambaram (1 km). A temple mentioned in many Malayalam devotional songs.
- Manna Maqam and Dargah, Near Seethi Sahib High school. syvan compound and mystic trees with a magic well
- 3 Parassinikkadavu (10 km). Riverside Temple, Snake Park, Water Theme Park.
- 4 Pepper Research Station, Panniyoor (9 km).
- Pookoth Kottaram, Manenkavu, Pookoth Nada (2 km).
- Raja RajeshwaraTemple, Mukkola (1 km). World famous pilgrim center.
- 5 Sir Syed College, Karimbam (3 km), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Magnificent campus with many gardens and laboratories. Visitors can make an appointment with the Principal over the telephone. The Botany Department of the college is worth a visit as they have advanced research facilities. Contact person: Dr. Khaleel Chovva: +91 94473 00189
- 6 Syed Nagar (2 km). Syed Nagar village is a very beautiful place with cute undulating open landscape ideal for a peaceful evening walk. Tagore Higher Secondary School and the pretty Syed Nagar Masjidh are located here. The road to Kuttiyeri hanging bridge starts from here, and it is 3 km from here.
- Valiya Juma Masjidh (1 km). Inside Taliparamba Market. Very old building.
- Kanjirangad Vaidyanatha Temple, Kanjirangad (Alight at Kanjirangad bus stop en route to Alakode SH).
- SreeDakshinamurthy Temple Vellavu (vellavu Kavu), Vellavu (4 km from rajarajeswara temple,after sevenHills-Ezhukunnu).
- Cross the River, Hanging Bridge, Kuttiyeri (7 km). Access from the Pacheni Road and come back through the Mukkola Road. You have seen all the greenery now.
- Island Walk, Kolthuruthy Island, near Bavuparamba (10 km). All coconut and arecanut. Beautiful bridge wide enough for a small car.
- Madakkara Bridge, Mattool (14 km). Take a bus to Payangadi, then to Mattool and then to Madakkara and Irinavu. A lot of water bodies and scenic places can be seen on the way. You can come back through the Dharmasala route.
- Riverside Paddyfield Walk, Ezhom village (12 km). Wide, wide stretch of paddy fields. Take a bus going to Payangadi via Kuppam junction. Get down at the most beautiful spot. Continue the journey in another bus. After reaching Payangadi, you can come back through a different route.
- River Walk, Muthukuda Road, Kuppam (6 km). Turn left at Kuppam before the bridge
- Climbing the Paithal Mala Hills, Naduvil Village (36 km). Spectacular flat space on the top ideal for camping. Basic accommodation is available. Look for leeches and elephants.
- Trekking at Seven Hills, Kuppam Bridge. The seven hills or Ezhu Kunnu in Malayalam can be seen from the Kuppam bridge, 3 km from Taliparamba. The trekking can begin from Kuttiyeri Hills, three km to the east.
- Vellikkeel Eco Park, Vellikkeel Bridge (7 km from Taliparamba Town). Travel from Pattuvam to Bakkalam in an Autorikshaw and stop some time at the Vellikkeel Bridge area.
- Village Walk, Muyyam. 5 k.m.. Muyyam is a very scenic village with a lot of vegetable cultivation.
- Water sports, Vismaya Water Theme Park, Parassinikkadavu (10 km).
- Jowhar Bakery, Main Road (1 km). Mussel Fry is called 'Arikkaduikka' or 'Kallummakkaya' here.
- Lebanese Bakery, Highway (0.5 km).
- Muttayappam. Some people consider eating the Muttayappam an experience in itself. Muttayappam is a kind of rice preparation in oil without adding any 'mutta' or egg into it. Only the shape resembles a huge fried egg. It goes well with chicken curry. It is not available in standard restaurants and you have to ask in roadside stalls. They have a tendency to disappear in minutes. It is difficult to get this snack elsewhere in Kerala.This unique Taliparamba food with a very plain taste can become quite addictive. Remember: you were warned !
There are many good restaurants in the national highway.
- Bamboo Fresh Food Village, Ezham Mile (100 seat dining hall with very good ambiance, lighting etc.).
- C. K. Hotel, Near Punjab Bank.
- Manu's Hotel, Iritty Route.
- Feast House, Near Marina Shopping Complex.
- Foodies Restaurant, Payyannur Road.
- Indian Coffee House, National Highway (1 km), ☏ .
- Jowhar Bakery & Restaurant, Near Busstand.
- Lebanese Bakery, Opp Bus stand.
- Lebonne Restaurant, opp. Medical College, Pariyaram.
- Motel Aaram, Dharmasala,, ☏ .
- Plaza Family Restaurant, Highway. Spacious day and night restaurant.
- Sujith Hotel, Near Busstand.
- Thakkaram Restaurant, Near Alinkeel Cinema.
- Top in Town Restaurant, Near Lourde Hospital.
- Le Bonne Restaurant, Pariyaram.
- Chembarathy Restaurant, Seventh Mile.
- Tharwad Restaurant, Manna (near Cooperative Hospital).
- Samrat Bar, Highway.
- C.M.Lodge, opp. Medical College, Pariyaram.
- City Residency, National Highway (1 km).
- Raja Rajeshwari Guest House, Near Shiva temple on Payyanur Road, ☏ .
- Royal Tourist Home, Main Road, ☏ .
- Sea Land Tourist Home, Near Busstand, Taliparamba (1 km).
- Shams Tourist Home, Near Federal Bank, ☏ . ₹500.
- Dream Tourist Home, on Muncipal office hill.
- Bekal Fort and Beach, 61 km.
- Iritty, hill town with nice rivers, 48 km.
- Kannur, major beach city, 21 km
- Parassinikkadavu, riverside temple, 10 km
- Payyanur, beach town, 21 km.