To guide status
A bunch of great work has been done on this article, and it is close to being able to graduate to guide status. A map would help, but my main question is about addresses. Is Ölgii a town that doesn't use addresses? If so (as I suspect), is there a way to more clearly explain the locations of all the listings (e.g., sights, shops, hotels)? I think this, plus a need to wiki-listify all listings, are the things keeping this article at only usable. Ikan Kekek (talk) 03:03, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- Mongolia is starting to roll out addresses. Even if there are 'official addresses, there aren't any street signs or building numbers. I have tried to provide the most useful description of locations that is possible. I am working on creating a map. Altaihunters(talk) 03:15, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
Is this the same game as Buzkashi in Afghanistan? Afghanistan#See Wikipedia thinks so w:Buzkashi and mentions other places as well. This might be mentioned here, in the Af article & maybe elsewhere. Pashley (talk) 02:02, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
- It is similar, but here it is only between 2 riders instead of a team, and the goal is only to gain possession of the goat carcass. I'm not sure which one is more exciting, since I have only seen the Afghanistan/ Kazakhstan game on TV. Altaihunters (talk) 02:43, 18 May 2013 (UTC)
The map, which I just removed, uses Google Maps, which is not compatible with our license (and should/will therefore be removed from Commons). But no worries, I'll make a compliant version and upload it shortly. --Peter Talk 03:16, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
- I've now added the map. It might be good for Altaihunters to take a look over it for accuracy, especially the placement of Blue Wolf Cafe and Toganai Shaykhana, which I added with educated guesses.
- Since there was a mention of a star nomination, I wanted to point out a few things that would hold it back:
- 1) Altai Craft, Elaman Chee Maker, and Kazakh Craft should be added to the map, but I wasn't able to divine their exact location from the descriptions in-article.
- 2) Some listings should be added to "Drink."
- 3) The Duman Hotel lacks contact details and a description.
- Though there might be some more issues, that's actually all that I noticed on my quick read through! --Peter Talk 17:00, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
- The map looks great! A big improvement on our earlier effort. The locations look good. Bear Valley Ger Camp could be added in the same location as Altai Ex Ger Camp. I will work on getting more listings and filling in gaps, though it may take a few days. Altai Craft may be changing locations. Kazakh Craft's new location is right of Arvins and left of the Museum if you can squeeze an icon in there. Elaman Chee Maker lives somewhere in the ger district. It would be very difficult to place them on the map or describe their location.Altaihunters (talk) 23:44, 25 May 2013 (UTC)