What is the range for taxi rates in birmingham?
Re. WiFi in Alabaster:
- The Dairy Queen closed. It has not yet opened at its new location.
- Buffalo Wild Wings does have a WAP, and I was able to connect. However, I couldn't connect to any web sites.
<>< (WT-en) tbc 04:44, 29 April 2007 (EDT)
Get in: by bus
I removed the following: The MegaBus company and National Express Bus Service allows for visitors to arrive from a long or short bus ride (depending where you depart from) directly to the main bus terminal in Birmingham. I'm pretty sure this refers to a different Birmingham. (WT-en) Eco84 16:48, 17 August 2009 (EDT)
- Oh, and I just removed the following from the Amtrak listing, for the same reasons as above: The National Railway Service has 3 main stations through Birmingham Alabama. They are located at the airport,center city and eastern Birmingham. Public bus transportation is also available at the station in order to conveniently move about the city. (WT-en) Eco84 17:04, 17 August 2009 (EDT)
List of neighborhoods
Right now, the series of names is useless. A list of names with descriptions would be marginally more helpful, but without any indication as to where in the city they are, that still wouldn't be useful. But how many of the neighborhoods are of likely interest to visitors?
Wouldn't it make more sense to delete the "Neighborhoods" section and instead substitute an "Orientation" section that explains how visitors can most effectively understand their position within the city and how to get to and between different places of interest to them? In such a section, neighborhoods of particular interest could be mentioned, with their positions relative to landmarks described. Ikan Kekek (talk) 22:28, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
- Moved here for now:
- Glen Iris
- Highland Park
- Forest Park
- Downtown Loft District
- Mountain Brook
- Vestavia Hills
- West End
- Hooper City
- East Lake
I'm moving this here, because it has no content:
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
- Birmingham-Southern College
- Samford University
- Miles College
If someone wants to make these into listings and specifically mention programs for non-matriculated students or accommodations for students doing a semester or year abroad, go ahead. Otherwise, "Learn" is optional, and we can leave the section out. Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:26, 27 October 2018 (UTC)