Suggestion to rename Echternach to Mullerthal
I suggest that we rename Echternach to Mullerthal. Here are my reasons why we should:
- Mullerthal is the name of the region that corresponds with the canton of Echternach, all of the current listings (of which many are outside of Echternach), are located within Mullerthal.
- Mullerthal will speak more to tourists than Echternach, as the region promotes itself as such, featuring Echternach as one of the main attractions. Echternach itself is fairly unknown.
- From Echternach, the rest of the Mullerthal region can be reached in no-time when travelling by car. Even by bike you can get around the region in less than a day.
- Beaufort, Bech, Berdorf, Consdorf, Mompach, Rosport and Waldbillig, all villages and communes within Mullerthal, are too small to have their own page.
Renaming would mean the following:
- Addition of listings in Beaufort, Bech, Berdorf, Consdorf, Mompach, Rosport and Waldbillig. All of which are too small to have an own page with sufficient listings and attractions to be of benefit to Wikivoyage.
An alternative is that a page for Mullerthal gets created - I've started working on one, but halted the project since I am not sure if we can merge it with Echternach or not. This would mean that there are two pages related to Mullerthal: Mullerthal and Echternach.
I am not positive of what the better option would be, hence this topic.
-- Wauteurz (talk) 18:46, 16 August 2016 (UTC)