I'm sorry I created a Bankside article without checking the contents of this one as there is duplication. They are seen to be separate areas but maybe not for a tourist.(WT-en) Caroline 20:30, 19 Jul 2004 (EDT)
- No problem, just add it to Project:Votes for deletion... thanks! (WT-en) Majnoona 21:55, 19 Jul 2004 (EDT)
Drink- The George in Borough - will get the details. (WT-en) Caroline 06:19, 22 Jul 2004 (EDT)
From Talk:LOndon/Bankside: So.. what to add:
- Borough market (fri and sat for retail)
- Vinopolis? But is is pricey...
- The Golden Hinde? - but it's just a replica sitting on the river
- The Jerwood Space is another industrial conversion into an art gallery. However the cafe is nice.
- Fish! is on the tourist trail - but I imagine it is pricey. I've certainly never been in there.
- The Millenium Bridge? Its just a modern footbridge, and it doesn't even wobble anymore. However it is a connection between Tate Modern and St Pauls.
(WT-en) Caroline 06:51, 22 Jul 2004 (EDT)
lol I can't believe someone suggested Pizza Express as the only restaurant on the South Bank.
I've expanded the South Bank Center section, but I think it needs splitting up. The NFT (now BFI Southbank) and the NT are worthy of their own sections. (WT-en) EAi 09:37, 20 February 2008 (EST)
Pubs and Restaurants
The bland lists below were taken from London/Southwark-Lewisham. Most are in Shad Thames which is covered by this article. If anyone fancies the job of turning some of these into useful listings with contact details and a description, please go ahead and insert into this article. --(WT-en) Burmesedays 22:45, 17 December 2009 (EST)
There are numerous quality restaurants in the Shad Thames area, which is on the river Thames next to Tower Bridge. A few places are listed, as being worth a visit. The area is dominated by Conran restaurants which are normally good quality but some people might feel they are overpriced.
Where is "The London Eye" located - at Lambeth or South Bank?
- Swept in from the pub
As of now it appears as a listing in both of those articles. As for as I understand though, it should only appear in the Lambeth article. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 04:28, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- I would say the opposite actually. It should appear in the South Bank article. It is in the borough of Lambeth, but that is not the same as our Lambeth district article. From Lambeth's Understand section: "This destination covers most of the borough of Lambeth, except for a chunk around Waterloo station that is covered under South Bank. " The South Bank article covers parts of the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark (as indeed the area known as the South Bank does in real life). --ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 10:16, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- On a related theme, the map on our Lambeth article has territory overlapped with South Bank. Over on Commons, someone had 'fixed' your original version of the map, which was correct, and replaced it with a map which showed the borough of Lambeth rather than the WV district. I reverted to your earlier version, ויקיג'אנקי, and assume it will update within a couple of hours. --ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 10:37, 8 October 2017 (UTC)