|This is the imported user page of user Burmesedays on wikitravel.org/en. All contributions that this user had made on Wikitravel up until August 2012 were imported. The imported revisions of this contributor are labelled as "(WT-en) Burmesedays".|
|Read more about the Migration from Wikitravel.|
British living in Indonesia.
I have a very good knowledge of Bali, some other areas of Indonesia (especially East Java) and many of the inner London districts.. I can act as a Wikivoyage Docent for all those destinations. Please leave me any questions you have on my talk page or if necessary send me an email.
Bali became a project
It was only supposed to be a bit of tidying up...... A microcosm of my life really.
When Bali is done....
perhaps Java, region by region. That's a hell of a task. Let's see how it goes with East Java. Update: East Java has gone as far as I can take it - three or four articles short of guide region status. It is nonetheless now a very developed guide, certainly better than any other available for this region.
On December 30th 2009, Bali became Wikivoyage's first ever star region guide.
- The London Collaboration of the month for December, prompted a huge amount of work, especially on the inner boroughs.
- Working on as many region maps and the associated country regionalisation as I can find time for, as part of the Region maps expedition. This is my biggest commitment of time and energy to Wikivoyage.
- As well as maps for Africa, a lot of work on various African articles. There is a considerable amount to do to knock the continent into Wikivoyage shape.
- After Bali was finished, working on a number of other Indonesian sub-regions, including East Java, Lombok and Central Java.--(WT-en) Burmesedays 03:36, 12 April 2010 (EDT)
Articles taken to star status
With varying degrees of help, I must add.
- On December 30th 2009, Bali became Wikivoyage's first ever star region guide.
- On January 26th 2010, Hampstead became Wikivoyage's first British star guide.
- On March 7th 2010, Nusa Lembongan became only Wikivoyage's second non-developed world star guide using a city template.
- On April 4th 2010, Ubud followed Nusa Lembongan and became Wikivoyage's third non-developed world star guide using a city template.
Cleaning the family silver
Loves, hates and wishes
Upcoming travel plans
Sadly none..... I am far too busy :(
I am slowly getting to grips with producing Wikivoyage style maps and those below are my favourites. All of the maps I have drawn for Wikivoyage are catalogued (WT-en) here.
- Traveller First
- External Links
- Consensus and Status Quo
- Co-operating with Wikipedia
- External links
- welcome business owners
- what not to link to
|This is the imported user page of a user from Wikivoyage or Wikitravel, who did not opt-in to the transfer of their data. All contributions that this user had made on Wikivoyage or Wikitravel were imported. The imported revisions of this contributor are prefixed with "(WV-en)", or "(WT-en)" respectively.|