Where is Nha Trang in the Vietnam region system? South, Central Coast, Central Highlands? (WT-en) Gorilla Jones 02:04, 11 June 2007 (EDT)
- South, definitely. (WT-en) Jpatokal 02:10, 11 June 2007 (EDT)
Edits by Viettravelsthm -- revert it all?
I can't seem to find any direct matches for Viettravelsthm's latest batch of edits, but he's deleting previous information, adding in blatant touting in semi-incoherent English, and unresponsive to Talk comments. Should we just revert the whole lot? (WT-en) Jpatokal 23:09, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
Nha Trang Sailing Club
I edited this description down...anyone care to defend it? I don't see any similar experiences on the web. (WT-en) Gorilla Jones 23:56, 7 July 2008 (EDT)
Nha Trang Sailing Club, 72-74 Tran Phu St.. Open late. The place to get drug and rub. Management show their inability to protect the customers. The police doing nothing to stop a gang of Wolfpack stealing customers at the exit of the bar. Management, Security and Police close their eyes on this. No ways to report to the police, all paper work must been done in Vietnamese that why no foreign tourists can complain. That bar is the shame of Nha Trang. This club is extremely popular. Prostitute all over the place. BEWARE. It is kind of an after party place everyone goes to when other bars are closed. There is a large area with pool table and a dance floor.
Airport taxi fare
Airport to city taxi fare cost me VND300,000 this week. I couldn't find the official fares online to confirm that I didn't get ripped off, but the meter appeared to be working correctly. Discussion on the web suggests fares have increased a lot recently due to higher fuel prices, so it's probably correct. If anyone else can confirm this experience we can update the article. (WT-en) Hmoffatt 2 October 2008
Yes, that seems to be roughly correct. A taxi tour of about 5 km will set you back somewhere 65'000 VND. the airport is well 25 km + away —The preceding comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 10:32, 8 August 2009
- If anything needs updating, please edit accordingly. Thanks a lot. (By the way, I "signed" for you. On talk [discussion] pages, it's expected for everyone to sign their posts by typing 4 tildes [the ~ key] in a row at the end, so that it's easy to tell who posted what.) Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:04, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
moved in from the article (--(WT-en) ClausHansen 16:23, 28 March 2010 (EDT)):
During 5 days in Nha Trang my phone and money got stolen, a bouncer kicked me in the face, my friend had her phone nicked from her purse as she slept in her hotel during the day, another friend was taken down an alley and robbed by moto drivers and one moto driver tried to forcibly extort another two of my friends. The police are also not interested in helping Western travelers and may ask for cash for the privilege of a report for insurance purposes. This is not to say this is everyone's experience of Nha Trang but it is worth considering. 9 weeks in Asia experiencing no crime and then I see or hear about all of this in one place... Take care.
Entries being deleted
I had two legitimate entries, one for the Louisiane Brewhouse and another for the Starlet Hotel. Both are gone. Why? What's the point of trying to help people out and give good recommendations if they just get deleted with no justification? —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) Cigrainger (talk • contribs)
- Hi. They weren't deleted at all, I just moved them to their relevant subsections, as they should have been placed in the first place—Louisiane Brewhouse is now listed at "Mid-range" subsection of "Eat", while Starlet Hotel is placed at "Mid-range" of "Sleep". If you disagree with the subsections they are placed, i.e. if you think they are more of "budget" or "splurge" places, please feel free to move them around. – (WT-en) Vidimian 06:13, 28 September 2010 (EDT)
- I do apologize for the confusion! For some reason they were not showing up on my computer earlier. They are there now. Again, very sorry! Something must have been going wrong on my end. --(WT-en) Cigrainger 13:54, 28 September 2010 (EDT)
- No worries. – (WT-en) Vidimian 14:09, 28 September 2010 (EDT)
Entries being deleted
I also had a legitimate entry under "Sleep" where I added the subtitle "Apartments and houses for rent" and a provider of fully equipped apartments for rent from 1 day to longer periods. Although such service providers fall under the category "Sleep", the entry was quickly deleted, apparently because it's not hotel... In other words, those who look for apartments as an alternative to hotel rooms should find them anywhere but in Wikivoyage! --(WT-en) Travologist 10:21, 27 May 2011 (EDT)
- Please see the Wikivoyage policy on apartment listings. You entry was deleted as it did not fully comply with that policy. A note to that effect was left in the edit dialogue here  --(WT-en) Burmesedays 10:30, 27 May 2011 (EDT)
Wikivoyage's policy says "it is not an apartment-finder service" and does therefore "not allow rental agency listings". And if it does - exceptionally! - "apartments or cabins must be available for rentals of one week or less." Wikivoyage is not an apartment-finder service but a hotel room-finder service as it publishes plenty of hotels and if somebody wants to stay 8 or more days or even months he is not supposed to find an apartment at all. Thus, Wikivoyage's average traveler must stay no longer than 7 days in one place! These and other Wikivoyage rules appear quite arbitrary and even non-sensical.
Travologist, send us your post and we will publish it on www.nha-trang.travel - the complete Nha Trang travel guide. We know Nha Trang inside and out and recognize immediately which post is legitimate and true and which not. Unlike Wikivoyage's policy ours is simple: we post anything travelers (in the broadest sense of the word) need to know and may want to know. Check it out and use it! --(WT-en) Nha-trang.travel 04:39, 5 June 2011 (EDT)
Cam Ranh beach description
The description about Cam Ranh beach may be mistaken or obsolete. As of 2011, there is no beach within 30km from city center apart from Diamond Bay resort. There is in fact a Cam Ranh beach but it must be around 60km from city and is quite undeveloped.
I have restored the *original* easy rider contribution that i made some time ago. The spammer User:(WT-en) Easyridervietnam took the original description for a legitimate tour operator and simply changed the details to his own, see this change http://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=Nha_Trang&diff=1744413&oldid=173769 . I believe that User:(WT-en) Wrh2 mistakenly removed the original listing so I have restored this.
So called "work"
Nha Trang article has the following:
- Travel to Teach. A project teaching English and computer use to the kids who sleep on the beach. Crazy Kim's Bar is project HQ. You pay USD910 to volunteer for two weeks.
It looks like the owner of Travel to Teach just found the way to earn easy money. I pay tribute to his ingenuity, however, I propose to remove it from the article. --Kiaora (talk) 18:25, 20 February 2016 (UTC)