Tattenhall is a village in Cheshire.
Tattenhall is a village and civil parish, 8 miles south-east of Chester, in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. At the 2011 Census, the population was recorded as 2,079.
- 1 Marina, 3 Newton Ln, Chester, CH3 9NE (2 mi (3.2 km) north of town, off Tattenhall Road), ☏ . Su-W 9AM-10PM, Th-Sa 9AM-11PM. There is a marina for canal barges.
- 2 Beeston Castle (Ruins), Chapel Lane, Beeston, Cheshire, CW6 9TX. Castle built in 1220s, partially destroyed in 1646 on the orders of Cromwell and woodland park.
- 3 St Alban's Church. Church dating from the 16th century, rebuilt in 1869–70.
- 1 Sandstone Trail (Suitable car parking in Beeston, Bickerton, Bulkeley and Burwardsley.). 24/7. The Sandstone Trail is a 34-mile (55 km) long-distance walkers' path, following sandstone ridges running north–south from Frodsham in central Cheshire to Whitchurch just over the Shropshire border. The path was created in 1974 and extended in the 1990s. Much of the route follows the Mid Cheshire Ridge but in places the trail also passes through the Cheshire Plain, including farmland, woodland and canal towpaths. The trail passes Beeston Castle, which is the nearest point on the route to Tattenhall.
- 1 The Bear and Ragged Staff, High Street, CH3 9PX, ☏ . W-Sa 4PM-9PM. Wood fired pizza oven in the car park, order and collect only. £6.50 - £12.
- 2 Tattenhall Spice, Clifden House, High Street, CH3 9PX, ☏ . M-Sa 5PM-11PM, Su 3PM-10:30PM. Indian curry house and takeaway. Set meal for two £25.95, Sunday buffet £8.99 (Adult).
- 3 The Inn at Huxley, Huxley Lane, Huxley, CH3 9BG (From Tattenhall: Follow signs for Huxley for two miles north, turn right at Huxley Lane, 700 yards on right.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Gastropub with terrace and delicatessen, some vegetables grown on site. £14-£18 (main course), £10-£16 (salad), £28 (ribeye steak).
- 4 The Bickerton Poacher, Wrexham Road, Bulkeley, SY14 8BE (From Tattenhall: Take Rocky Lane towards the A41, turn left, follow A41 to Broxton Roundabout, turn left onto A534 towards Nantwich; the pub is on the right approximately three miles along this road.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Traditional pub with rooms, campsite and community shop. £10.50-£16.50 (main course), £12.50-£22.95 (burgers and steaks), £11.95 (Sunday roast).
- 5 The Egerton Arms, Whitchurch Road, Broxton, CH3 9JW, ☏ .
- 6 Cock O'Barton, Barton Road, Barton, SY14 7HU (Same directions as for the Bickerton Poacher until Broxton Roundabout, then turn right onto A534 towards Wrexham. Follow the road for approximately two miles; the pub is on the left just off Stretton Hall Lane.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two pubs in Tattenhall.
- 1 The Sportsmans Arms, 93 Burwardsley Road, CH3 9PR, ☏ . M-F: 3PM-11PM, Sa: noon-midnight, Su: noon-11PM. Lounge area, snug, separate dining area, pool table, dart board and jukebox, small open fireplace, Thwaites beers on draught, small beer garden and car park, live sport (BT & Sky), occasional live music.
- 2 The Letters Inn, High Street, CH3 9PX, ☏ . M-Th: noon-11:30PM, F: noon-1AM, Sa: noon-12:30AM, Su: noon-11PM. Free house, pool table, dart board and fruit machine, large open fireplace with stone hearth, small dining area serving Chinese food (which can also be ordered for takeaway), lots of ornaments inside the traditional looking interior, terraced beer garden, live sport (BT & Sky), quiz every Wednesday and meat raffle every Friday.
|Routes through Tattenhall|
|Chester ←||NW SE||→ Whitchurch → Telford|