Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deeside (Welsh: Glannau Dyfrdwy) is in Flintshire.
Deeside conurbation of towns and villages including Connah's Quay, Shotton, Queensferry, Aston, Garden City, Sealand, Broughton, Bretton, Hawarden, Ewloe, Mancot, Pentre, Saltney and Sandycroft.
On the A494 between Ellesmere Port and Mold.
- 1 Shotton railway station. is on the Borderlands Line Bidston, Wirral - Wrexham and the North Wales Coast Line Crewe - Holyhead
- 2 Hawarden Bridge railway station, Dee Marsh Junction, Hawarden Bridge. CH5 1PY.
- 3 Hawarden railway station, The Highway, Hawarden. CH5 1PY.
- 1 Jubilee Bridge (Queensferry) (Blue Bridge), Queensferry.
- 2 Flintshire Bridge. 294 metre long cable-stayed bridge spanning the Dee Estuary
- Wales Coast Path. start east of the town of Queensferry along the northern side of the Dee river on the Wales/England border.
- 1 Apex Karting, The Circuit, 26 Babbage Road, Engineer Park, Sandycroft. CH5 2QD, ☏ +44 1244 531-652. Go karting circuit. £20+.
- 2 Deeside Leisure Centre, Chester Road West, Queensferry. CH5 1SA, ☏ +44 1352 704-200. Ice skating and a skate park. £5+.
- 1 Graham Weigh Cycles (formerly Deeside Cycles), 3-5 Chester Road East, Shotton. CH5 1QA (On the main road, right next to Shotton railway station), ☏ +44 1244 831110. Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday closed. Suitable for spares, repairs and consumables for anyone planning on cycling from Shotton into North Wales, Wirral or Chester.
- 1 The Master Fryer, 16 Station Rd., Queensferry, ☏ +44 1244 830709.
- 1 Holiday Inn (A55 Chester West), Westbound, A55, ☏ +44 1244 550011.
- 2 Village Hotel Club St David's Park, St Davids Park Interchange, Ewloe, Deeside, ☏ +44 1244 560640.
|Routes through Deeside|
|merges with ←||W E||→ Ellesmere Port → Liverpool/Manchester|
|Llandudno ← Flint ←||NW E||→ Chester ( Wrexham)|