Temecula Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau - . 28690 Mercedes Street, Suite A. Phone: 888-363-2852/951-491-6085. Pick up maps, visitors guides, event listings, coupons and get the inside information on where to visit from the staff. Open daily.
Temecula is located about an hour north of San Diego on Interstate 15. It is an hour south of San Bernardino on Interstate 15, and about an hour south of Riverside on Interstate 215. State Route 79 also passes through the town, heading north to Hemet and south to Julian.
French Valley general aviation airport is located east of town. It is a popular location for small aircraft.
Beware that though Temecula is serviced by some buses, they are unreliable at best. Thus, Temecula has virtually NO public transportation. If you are visiting, you should either have your own car or rent one, as the city is very spread out and the lack of public transport makes driving a necessity.
- Royalty Limousine, 14414 poway rd, ☎ . 24/7. $295.
- Masterpiece Limousine, 4365 Mission Bay Drive, ☎ . 24/7. San Diego Limousine
- Old Town Temecula, just west of the I-15, exit Rancho California and turn right on Jefferson/Old Town Front Street. This is the oldest and most historic part of town, complete with old western architecture and charming shops and restaurants. There is a lot of new development going on and it's worth taking half a day exploring Old Town.
- Temecula Olive Oil Company, 28653 Old Town Front St, ☎ . Retail shop and olive oil tasting -- a unique experience with helpful hosts who are happy to explain the differences in olive oil in detail.
- Wine Tasting - the Temecula valley has 30+ Wineries  with tasting rooms, including Callaway (owned by the same family as the golf club company) - other popular choices include Thornton, Stuart Cellars, Mount Palomar, Wilson Creek and Falkner. The Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle  picks up at all local hotels and takes you out for a full day of wine tasting.
- Out and About Though there are a fair few shops and restaurants, Temecula (especially downtown) is not known as a late night club/bar scene, with the exception of Pechanga. Much of that is changing as many of the restaurants and bars are providing night time entertainment, such as kareoke at Texas Lils or live music at The Edge and The Collective.
- Pechanga Resort and Casino. A Las Vegas gaming experience in Southern California home to a modern night club, several up-scale restaurants and food court, and theatre which plays host to many famous acts touring across the country
- The Temecula Rod Run. Annual hot rod festival in Old Town Temecula in February
- Palomar Observatory.
- Textures Fiber Arts Show (Art Quilts at the Merc), 42051 Main St, Temecula, Ca., ☎ . Various. Art quilts on display Oct 1, to Nov 28, 2010. Open during theater hours and other select times. Artist reception Oct 1, 2010 5:30p-7p. Outdoor quilt show Oct 2 sponsored by the Valley of the Mist Quilt Guild. Free.
- Old Town Temecula is considered the best area for tourists looking to pick up that nice little souvenir of Temecula. This area has many quaint and charming shops.
- Temecula does have a conventional shopping mall, The Promenade. The mall has gone under extentsive redesign to set itself as an upscale mall with shops including Coach and Apple.
- Temecula has more than its fair share of '50s-style diners, most located on the west side of the freeway, along Main Street.
- The Bank of Mexican Food. Good Mexican food in what used to be the area bank.
- If you are looking for something less local, a drive up along Rancho California or Temecula Parkway/79 has numerous options for chain restaurants.
- Tamarindo Grill.
- The Broken Yolk Cafe, 26495 Ynez Rd. Temecula, CA 92591, ☎ +1 855.229.YOLK(9655). 6:00AM - 3:00PM.
- Mo's Egg House, 27405 Jefferson Avenue, Temecula, CA 92590, ☎ . 6:00AM - 2:00PM.
- Original Pancake House, 41377 Margarita Road Suite F101 Temecula, California 92591 (In the outer circle of the Promenade Mall near Macoroni Grill), ☎ .
Lots of locally produced wine.
- Temecula Beer & Wine Garden small and friendly outdoor bar located in Old Town near the bus depot and Sweet Lumpy's Barbeque.
- La Cereza Winery. Located on Rancho California. This winery has wine tasting and a cigar bar.
- Iron Fire Brewing Co, 42095 Zevo Drive Suite #1, Temecula, CA 92590. 3:00PM - 8:00PM.
- Best Western Country Inn, 27706 Jefferson Avenue, ☎ , fax: +1 951 699-7995.
- Holiday Inn Express, 27660 Jefferson Avenue, ☎ .
- Motel 6 Temecula - Rancho California, 41900 Moreno Drive, ☎ , fax: +1 951 676-2619.
- Quality Inn, 27338 Jefferson Ave, ☎ .
- Temecula Hotels, Temecula, CA.
Temecula is considered to be one of the safest cities in all of California. Virtually every area of town is considered safe to walk, but caution should be taken walking at night in the area around the apartment complexes on Pujol Street near Old Town, and the area of the apartment complexes just east of the Rancho California/Ynez intersection across from the Temecula Town Center. Though still relatively safe, there has been an increase in gang activity and the usual related crimes: drugs, car thefts and assaults.
- San Diego, to the south, is accessible via 15S.
- Idyllwild is a nearby mountain resort.
|Routes through Temecula|
|Riverside (Via spur ) ← Lake Elsinore ←||N S||→ Escondido → San Diego|