North America > United States of America > Florida > Central Florida > East Central Florida > Brevard County > Titusville (Florida)
- Space Coast Regional Airport (TIX IATA), A small airport located at Columbia Blvd (State Road 405).
- Orlando International Airport, the nearest large commercial airport, roughly 40 miles away.
- Sanford International Airport, a small commercial jetport, roughly 35 miles away
- Amtrak, 1400 Sligh Blvd. Orlando, FL 32806
Since you'll need a car to get from the airports to Titusville anyway, you can get there by following State Route 50 from Orlando until it ends at the Indian River.
- Space Coast Area Transit is the local Brevard County bus service. It is a cheap way to get around and is handicap accessible. The website provides maps and timetables. Buses travel to most sites and places of interest. $1.25 per ride, or $35 for a monthly pass.
- 1 [dead link].
- Kennedy Space Center, Nasa Parkway, ☎ . The most famous attraction of the Cape Canaveral area, which brought on the nickname "Space Coast." Regularly scheduled tours of the facility and museum.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. An area that is made up of all undeveloped land at Kennedy Space Center, this large area spans a variety of habitats. Half is brackish estuaries and marshes, and the rest include coastal dunes, scrub oaks, pine forests and flatwoods, and palm and oak hammocks. It is home to 16 threatened/endangered species, including the manatee, the Florida scrub jay, sea turtles, bald eagles, and others. Over 1,000 plant species and more than 500 species of wildlife have also been documented on the refuge, including 330 species of birds, 117 fishes, 65 amphibians and reptiles, and 31 mammals. Self-guided car and walking tours are offered. This is a remote area with virtually no amenities, but you can leave for lunch and return later if you wish.
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station - The nearby launch site of unmanned rockets and satellites.
- View a rocket launch: Titusville is roughly due west from all the rocket launch facilities at Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, across the Indian River. Any river-side location in the city provides an excellent view of any launch.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (East from Titusville along State Road 405), ☎ , toll-free: 877-436-9620 (domestic). 8 AM - 6 PM, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. See Space Shuttle Atlantis on display, experience the Space Shuttle Launch experience where you feel what it was like to blast off on the Space Shuttle, take a bus tour through the operational areas of the Kennedy Space Center where you can see the Vehicle Assembly Building and Launch Pads, touch a moon rock, learn about the future of space flight or meet a Veteran Astronaut. $50 adults (12 and older), $40 children (3-11).
- Airboat Rides at MIDWAY, 28501 E Colonial Dr, Christmas, FL 32709 (West from Titusville along Hwy 50). Boat tour agency running Airboat rides through the St Johns River Management area.
- Cocoa Beach Sportfishing Charters, 800 Scallop Dr, ☎ . Deep Sea Fishing Charters leaving from Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral, 25 minutes drive from Titusville on the Space Coast. Catch Dolphin, Wahoo, Sailfish, Grouper and many others. Children Welcome.
- River Lanes Family Entertainment Center, 800 Cheney Hwy, ☎ . Bowling alley, restaurant, bar, pool tables, and arcade games.
- American Police Hall of Fame and Museum, 6350 Horizon Dr, ☎ . Houses law enforcement exhibits, a memorial, and a hall of fame.
- Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum, 6600 Tico Road, ☎ . Over 45 historic warbirds from the beginnings of aviation to the present day.
- Hobby Lobby, 2540 S Washington Ave, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM-8PM. Chain carrying a variety of arts & crafts, materials, plus party supplies, fabric & home-decor items.
- Sears, 3550 S Washington Ave, ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 12PM-6PM. Department Store carrying clothing, home goods, large appliances, tools, lawn and garden, and fitness.
- Bells, 2424 S Washington Ave, ☎ . M-Sa 9AM-9PM, Su 10AM-8PM. Department store stocking home goods, and an assortment of apparel, shoes, and accessories for all ages.
- Target, 3055 Columbia Blvd, Ste 101. Retail chain offering home goods, clothing, electronics, and more.
- Hibbit Sports, 3065 Columbia Vlvd, Ste C104. Retail chain selling athletic shoes, apparel, and accessories, plus licensed team merchandise.
- Staples, 3155 Columbia Blvd. Chain retailer with office supplies, furniture, equipment, and more.
- Dixie Crossroads Seafood Restaurant, 1475 Garden Street, ☎ .
- Dogs 'R Us, 4200 S Washington Ave. American Bar Food
- El Leoncito, 2800 South Washington Street. Mexican and Cuban food
- Shiloh's Steak & Seafood, 3665 S Washington Ave, ☎ . Located on the shores of the Indian River Lagoon with a direct view of NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Shiloh's offers ideal water-front ding.
- Cafe Chocolat, 308 S Washington Ave. Casual cafe and candy shop with house-made chocolate and fudge, plus soup, panini, and quiche.
- Sunrise Bread Company, 315 S Hopkins Ave. Chipper longtime bakery and coffeehouse pairing its breads, rolls, and java with free WiFi and more.
- Playalinda Brewing Company - Brix Project, 5220 S Washington Ave. Modern microbrewery offering gourmet pub grub and cocktails in a warm, casual setting with a patio.
- New York New York, 5401 Riveredge Dr. Surf n' Turf in an old house with a tiki bar overlooking the river and the NASA launch pad.
Motels and Hotels
- Best Western Space Shuttle Inn, 3455 Cheney Highway, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Clarion Inn, 4951 S Washington Ave, ☎ .
- Hampton Inn, 4760 Helen Hauser Boulevard, ☎ , fax: .
- Ramada Inn Kennedy Space Center/Titusville, 3500 Cheney Highway, ☎ .
- Seasons in the Sun Motorcoach Resort, 2400 Seasons In The Sun Blvd, toll-free: , fax: .
- Manatee Hammock Campground, 7275 South U.S. Hwy 1, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Bellwood.
- Titusville / Kennedy Space Center KOA, 4513 West Main Street, Mims, FL 32754, Information: +1 321 269-7361, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Reservations: Reserve Online Now!, or By Phone: +1-800-562-3365.
- Canaveral National Seashore
- Kennedy Space Center
|Routes through Titusville|
|Daytona Beach ← Mims ←||N S||→ Cocoa → West Palm Beach|
|Daytona Beach ← Mims ←||N S||→ Cocoa → West Palm Beach|
|Daytona Beach ← Mims ←||N S||→ Cape Canaveral → West Palm Beach|