Highway 299 goes thru Trinity County is the most heavily used way of getting around.
Trinity County has five airports that service it
- Trinity Center Airport/John Swett Field
- Weaverville Airport/Lonnie Pool Field
- Hayfork Airport
- Hyampom Airport
- Ruth Airport
- Jorstad Cabin. Located along the Hobo Gulch Trail, it is only accessible by walking on an unpaved trail.
- The La Grange Hydaulic Gold Mine. Although not open to the public there is marker on the side of the road with one of the water cannons used for gold mining, located between Weverville and Junction City.
- Trinity Dam.
- World War 2 Japanese Incendiary Balloon landing Site.
- Scott Museum (located in Trinity Center).
- Lake Trinity. The third largest reservoir in California, with over 147 miles of shoreline, great for boatings, jet ski's and other pleasure craft. Also a great spot for fishing.
- Trinity River.
- Ruth Lake.
Has a very low crime rate does not have a police department but does have a County Sherriff and the California Highway Patrol. Also of note there is few gas stations outside of Weaverville so it would be wise to get gas there, as cell phone service is spotty as you are in the mountains and would not want to be stuck for a long period of time.