The name Uralla originates from the dialect of the Anaiwan Aboriginals who first occupied the area. Uralla is said to mean ceremonial meeting place.
Along the New England Highway, situated 20 kilometres south from Armidale.
- Captain Thunderbolt statue
- The Uralla Wool Room, 38 Bridge Street, ☎ . Specialises in super fine merino wool garments and accessories for men and women.
- Burnet's Books, 46 Bridge Street. 10AM–5PM Thu–Mon.
- The Sweet Place, 2/50 Bridge Street. Chocolates and treats.
- The Bushranger Motor Inn, 37 Bridge Street (New England Highway), ☎ . Has luxury ground floor rooms in the heart of the historic Uralla NSW. All of the rooms are named after local Bushrangers. The property includes the beautiful heritage listed Stokers Restaurant and Bar, built circa 1864, with its log fires and hearty meals.
- Visit Tamworth, Australia's country music capital