Hello, GZWDer !
To help you contribute, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and our house style as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
However, even more important than following every guideline is to PLUNGE FORWARD and write something useful – someone might be along to help with the proper formatting later if we're both lucky...
Add your home town, or a place you know well or write some insider tips - but please don't use first person pronouns.
It was terrific that you created your own user account on Wikivoyage because it'll now provide you with various benefits:
- easier communication with other writers about your edits and travel tips via this, your very own User Talk page, even if your future visits are from another IP. Don't forget to log in, though!
- your choice of thumbnail image display size by setting the default size they will display at (in your user Preferences)
- gain kudos for your contributions, which will now all be attributed to you rather than just an IP address - as long as you remember to log in!
- your contributions will become more trusted as you become familiar to other Wikivoyagers as a frequent editor with a history they can check
- you'll not need to pass a recaptcha test each time you add an external link
- protect your privacy — your IP address will still be displayed in the history of articles if you have not remembered to log in to your registered account, but logging in will allow you to maintain your privacy behind an alias
- your very own watchlist — a list of pages for which you want to keep track of future changes
- become a Project:Docent — if you know a destination well and would like to share your knowledge
- Preferences menu — customize your Wikivoyage experience.
If you need help, check out Wikivoyage:Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. We're looking forward to seeing you again and again here on Wikivoyage now you're a registered user! --118.93nzp (talk) 06:06, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
Welcome. It is good to see new editors for China; there is so much there & our coverage is somewhat spotty.