I will only infrequently check my talk page, so please don't leave a message
- Just in case you do check here, I'm delighted to see you here again, and I hope you will come by from time to time.
- Very best,
- Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:39, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
@Ikan & Saqib: User:DerFussi announced that he will reduce his WV engagement as he is overwhelmed with the admin work for the WMF/WV etc. I started the cross WV Travemünde nomination and as a tribute to Fussi/Stefan i would like to ensure that the first cross-WV OtBP is successful. Stefan started the first fork from WT in 2006 and allowed us to move to his servers in 2012/13. Without him the move from WT wouldn't be possible. Imho he deserves a success feeling that we can act together. I will be travelling a lot in the next two months but keep an eye on the Travemünde cross-WV development. Best regards, jan (talk) 11:22, 9 April 2014 (UTC)
- Moin! Just came back from a longish journey and it's nice to see you contributing! I was sorry to see the star nomination for Travemünde failing, but I lack resources to do something about it right now. Danapit (talk) 17:08, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hoi Dana, i think the cross wiki work is more important at the moment. Star articles are great and maybe one day Travemünde could made it. jan (talk) 08:57, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
Hi, Jan. I probably should have replied here but answered on my own talk page.
All the best,
- Hi Jan, sorry I probably won't be able to help with München much, I've only been there once for about 2 hours having a rest in Deutsches Museum on the way somewhere south. --Danapit (talk) 09:35, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
Quick note about blocking spambots: for IP addresses that haven't been blocked previously, please only apply a three month block rather than an indefinite block since in the future a legitimate user might be assigned the IP now being used by the bot. See Wikivoyage:Administrator's handbook#Blocks/bans for more details ("...spambot blocks... which are generally set for three months, or six months if the bot has already been blocked before"). Thanks! -- Ryan • (talk) • 12:24, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi Jan, I've been to Calgary a few times but I don't know the city well enough to know if there are gaps in our coverage. I have a couple of small concerns about the guide's organization (the Road Development section, the overlap between Calgary, the city, and Calgary Region). When I get some time to focus on it, I'll post my thoughts on the talk page and see if there are any comments before I plunge ahead and change things. It is a very good guide so I don't want to mess with it too much! -Shaundd (talk) 18:34, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
Upload files, Upload Wizard?
Hi. In the page about Harajuku, in "Due to the massive littering, park administration has designed trash collection points. Keep in mind as later as the evening is, the higher the level of intoxication of visitors is likely to be.", what do you mean by "intoxication"? Because of the trash or because of the number of visitors. - Fabimaru (talk) 20:44, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- Fabimaru, the level of alcohol consumption by the park visitors. Some parks don't allow alcohol e.g. Shinjuku Gyoen, so groups with beer go their. jan (talk) 08:39, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for commenting on Okayama's star nomination! I'm glad to hear that the guide proved to be useful for your travels! It's something we rarely hear but it's encouraging! ChubbyWimbus (talk) 13:38, 29 April 2015 (UTC)
Administrator status (Official Notice)
- A similar message was also sent via e-mail.
Thanks for your service as a Wikivoyage administrator. As you may be aware, our Wikivoyage:Administrators policy indicates that administrators who have not edited on the English Wikivoyage in over two years should have their administrator flags removed. This is for account security purposes, not a reflection of a loss of trust or any disappointment.
As such, we will be removing your administrator flag on 7 November 2018. Should you wish to retain your status, simply come on back and make an edit! That resets the clock. And if you ever decide to return to Wikivoyage as an active editor, your administrator flag can be restored by request.
If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.