Jump to navigation Jump to search
Waxahachie is on Interstate 35E about 40 minutes south of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Munster Mansion, 1313 Mockingbird Ln. The McKee family live in an exact replica of the house from the television sitcom, The Munsters. Visitors are welcome to view and photograph from the gate. Tours of the interior are possible only at their yearly Halloween Bash on the last weekend of October.
- 1 Ellis County Courthouse, 101 West Main St.. 1897 Romanesque Revival courthouse.
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival, 2511 FM 66 (From Dallas take I-35E South to Exit 399A, then go west on FM66 1.6 miles. The entrance will be on your left.), ☏ , toll-free: . Sa Su & Memorial Day Monday 10AM-7PM. Scarborough Renaissance Festival is open on the weekend from the first weekend in April until Memorial Day Monday. Scarborough Renaissance Festival takes place in Scarborough, England in the year 1533. There are over 300 different shops selling unique handmade jewelry, clothing, leather goods and other offerings. Enjoy swordplay, comedy, music and other unique entertainment on 21 stages. There are also over 100 costumed characters wandering about the streets. The faire is open no matter what the weather is, although the streets turn to mud during a downpour. $21.99 Adult price at the gate.
- College Street Pub (One block north of Historic Town Square). An English-inspired pub. Popular menu items include Coronation Chicken, Reuben sandwich, and of course the fish and chips.
- Catfish Plantation, 814 Water St, ☏ . 11AM-9PM. An allegedly haunted building with a tumultuous history. Now serves country fried steak and catfish to die for.
|Routes through Waxahachie|
|Oklahoma City ← Dallas ←||N S||→ Hillsboro → Waco|
|Fort Worth ← Mansfield ←||N S||→ Corsicana → Beaumont|