Wenatchee is located at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and is within the rain shadow of the Cascade Range, which means that unlike cities in western Washington, Wenatchee sees nearly 300 days of sunshine per year. It’s climate is very similar to that of other eastern Washington cities, yet it still retains the picturesque views of the Cascade mountains.
It is believe by archeologists that an ancient people had migrated to the Wenatchee area during the last ice, some 12,000 years ago. This belief is based on many Clovis artifacts that have been found in or around the greater Wenatchee. These ancient people are thought to be the descendants of whom would later become known as the Yakima Indians. White settlers began to move into the area during the late 1800s and early 1900s and colonization began.
The Wenatchee Valley provides an ideal climate for agricultural, and therefore, the area has become widely known for its produce. There are a plethora of orchards in the valley, especially Apple orchards, from which Wenatchee has earned the slogan “Apple Capital of the World.”
In recent years, the city has seen substantial growth within its communities. The greater Wenatchee area incorporates East Wenatchee, which lies on the opposite side of the Columbia River, as well as Rock Island and Malaga. The greater area has a population estimated at over 100,000 residents. It is a popular destination for outdoor adventurers and enthusiasts looking to find a refreshing getaway from their every day surroundings.
- Pangborn Memorial Airport (IATA: EAT) is the closest airport to Wenatchee (15 minutes away). The airport has three Horizon Airlines flights a day to Seattle/Tacoma.
- Northwestern Stage Lines, the bus terminal is located at 300 S. Columbia Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801.
- Amtrak, Kittitas & S Columbia St. Wenatchee is served by Amtrak's Empire Builder line.
- Antique Shop District
- Chateau Faire La Pont Winery
- Children's Discovery Museum, Riverside Playhouse, and Music Theatre
- Ohme Gardens
- Stemilt Growers
- Wenatchee Confluence State Park
- Wenatchee Conference Center, Stanley Civic Center, and B of A Performing Arts Center
- Wenatchee Valley Museum
- Walk the Apple Capital Loop Trail along the Columbia River waterfront of Wenatchee and East Wenatchee
- Best Western Chieftain Inn, 1017 N Wenatchee Ave, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 509 665-9745.
- Holiday Inn Express, 1921 N.Wenatchee Ave., ☎ .
- Super 8 ( Super 8 Wenatchee), 1401 North Miller St, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 11:00. Check into our Super 8 Wenatchee hotel, conveniently located on the Cascade Loop Scenic Highway just off Routes 2 and 97 in north central Washington. Walk to Apple Capital Loop Trail and Walla Walla Park or take a short drive to Columbia Valley Wineries and Leavenworth Bavarian Village. Our Wenatchee hotel comes equipped with practical amenities, including microwaves, refrigerators and access to guest laundry facilities. free 8-item SuperStart breakfast bonanza is served every morning. Relax with a leisurely swim in our heated outdoor pool, lounge in our hot tub. Keep up with email using free in-room Wi-Fi Internet access or use our business center. We also offer handicapped-accessible rooms and meeting space. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult and pets are welcome.
- Central Washington Hospital, 1201 South Miller Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801. phone +1 509 662-1511
- Wenatchee Valley Medical Center, 820 N. Chelan Avenue, Wenatchee, WA 98801. phone +1 509 663-8711
- Chelan County Historical Museum
- Earthquake Point
- Echo Valley - ski resort
- Golden West Visitors Center
- Lake Chelan - ride the boat to Stehekin
- Lake Chelan State Park
- Lake Wenatchee State Park
- Leavenworth - ski resort
- Lincoln Rock State Park
- Mission Ridge - ski resort
- Peshastin Pinnacles State Park
- Squilchuck State Park
- Twenty Five Mile Creek State Park
|Routes through Wenatchee|
|Seattle ← Leavenworth ←||W E||→ Ephrata → Spokane|
|Everett ← Cashmere ←||W E||→ Waterville → Spokane|
|Oroville ← Chelan ←||N S||→ Cashmere → Yakima|