Wendover is a small market town in Buckinghamshire.
- 1 Wendover Railway Station, Station Approach, Pound St,Wendover HP22 6BN. Served by mainline services between London Marylebone and Aylesbury. Station managed and services operated by Chiltern Railways.
- The National Byway. Passes 11 miles to the N of the Wendover.
- National Cycle Route 57. Passes 6 miles S of the town. Cycle route runs Farmington, Gloucestershire near Northleach to Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire.
- The Chiltern Cycleway. A 170-mile (274-km) circular cycle trial running through Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, runs through the town.
- Regional Cycle Route 30 and local cycle routes leave the town to the SE connecting to most other towns to the SE including Tring, Berkhamsted, Amersham, and Great Missenden.
- Ridgeway Footpath. 87 miles, running from Overton Hill in Avebury to Ivinghoe Beacon near Tring passes through Wendover. Zoomable online maps at Long Distance Walkers Association
Wendover is a small town, so the central area is easily covered on foot, However, certain attractions are outside this, and for these a moderate extended walk will be needed.
- 1 Aces High Aviation Gallery, 2 Station Approach, Wendover HP22 6BN, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 9AM-5:30PM, Su 10AM-4PM. A commercial gallery specialising in art of aviation and military subjects.
- 2 Coombe Hill. Local viewpoint and monument giving excellent views out over the Aylesbury vale.
- 3 Wendover Woods, HP22 5NQ, ☏ , (mobile). Local woodland site managed by the Forestry Commission, Walking & Cycle Trails. Parking charges are applied for vehicles.
- 4 Trenchard Museum, Royal Air Force Halton, Aylesbury HP22 5PG (1 mile NE of Wendover), ☏ . By arrangement Tu 10AM-4PM (other days can be considered). History of Royal Air Force Halton. Photo ID required for entry
- 1 Go Ape Tree Top Adventure, Wendover Woods St Leonard's Rd. Off Upper Icknield Way, Aston Clinton HP22 5NF (For SatNavs use Postcode: HP22 5NQ not the postcode from the postal address). Zip wires, tarzan swings, rope ladders & a variety of obstacles and crossings
- 2 The Bucks Goat Centre, Layby Farm, Old Risborough RoadRd Stoke Mandeville HP22 5XJ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 10AM-4:30PM. Adults £4.50; children £3.50; disabled £4; disabled child £3; senior £4.
There are a number of local shops and boutiques.
A local produce market is held the Third Saturday of the month.
- 1 World's End (Wyevale Garden Centre) (northern side of the town). The Garden Centre is noted for being an outlet store for the Edinburgh Woollen Mill and Cotton Traders. There is also an upmarket food outlet, selling a number of luxury food items.
- 1 The George & Dragon, 4-6 Aylesbury Rd, ☏ . Pub and Thai food
- 2 Wendover Plaice, 53 Tring Rd, ☏ . Fish & chips.