Wendover is a small market town in Buckinghamshire.
- 1 Wendover Railway Station, Station Approach, Pound St,Wendover HP22 6BN. Served by mainline services between London Marylebone and Aylesbury. Station managed and services operated by Chiltern Railways.
- The National Byway. Passes 11 miles to the N of the Wendover.
- National Cycle Route 57. Passes 6 miles S of the town. Cycle route runs Farmington, Gloucestershire near Northleach to Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire.
- The Chiltern Cycleway. A 170-mile (274-km) circular cycle trial running through Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, runs through the town.
- Regional Cycle Route 30 and local cycle routes leave the town to the SE connecting to most other towns to the SE including Tring, Berkhamsted, Amersham, and Great Missenden.
- Ridgeway Footpath. 87 miles, running from Overton Hill in Avebury to Ivinghoe Beacon near Tring passes through Wendover. Zoomable online maps at Long Distance Walkers Association
Wendover is a small town, so the central area is easily covered on foot, However, certain attractions are outside this, and for these a moderate extended walk will be needed.
- 1 Aces High Aviation Gallery, 2 Station Approach, Wendover HP22 6BN, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 9AM-5:30PM, Su 10AM-4PM. A commercial gallery specialising in art of aviation and military subjects.
- 2 Coombe Hill. Local viewpoint and monument giving excellent views out over the Aylesbury vale.
- 3 Wendover Woods, HP22 5NQ, ☏ , (mobile). Local woodland site managed by the Forestry Commission, Walking & Cycle Trails. Parking charges are applied for vehicles.
- 4 Trenchard Museum, Royal Air Force Halton, Aylesbury HP22 5PG (1 mile NE of Wendover), ☏ . By arrangement Tu 10AM-4PM (other days can be considered). History of Royal Air Force Halton. Photo ID required for entry
- 1 Go Ape Tree Top Adventure, Wendover Woods St Leonard's Rd. Off Upper Icknield Way, Aston Clinton HP22 5NF (For SatNavs use Postcode: HP22 5NQ not the postcode from the postal address). Zip wires, tarzan swings, rope ladders & a variety of obstacles and crossings
- 2 The Bucks Goat Centre, Layby Farm, Old Risborough RoadRd Stoke Mandeville HP22 5XJ, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 10AM-4:30PM. Adults £4.50; children £3.50; disabled £4; disabled child £3; senior £4.
There are a number of local shops and boutiques.
A local produce market is held the Third Saturday of the month.
- 1 The George & Dragon, 4-6 Aylesbury Rd, ☏ . Pub and Thai food
- 2 Wendover Plaice, 53 Tring Rd, ☏ . Fish & chips.