West Yellowstone, Montana, is a rustic mountain town nestled between National Forest lands and is the gateway to Yellowstone National Park. It is only a mile from the park entrance, and the town's airport is the closest to the park, and to attractions like Old Faithful.
- 1 Yellowstone Airport (WYS IATA) (is one mile north of the CBD). Delta (SkyWest) flies from Salt Lake City (SLC IATA) two or three times a day from June to September.
West Yellowstone town center, including the museum, shops and restaurants, is small enough to easily walk around.
- Yellowstone Museum, 104 Yellowstone Ave (in the old Union Pacific Station Building). Mid-May to mid-Oct. Shows a history of Yellowstone National Park and the tourist train service to West Yellowstone. Includes a collection of historic railway china. $6.
There is a large variety of local souvenirs available from the many shops in West Yellowstone.
- Seldom Seen Knives and Gifts, 115 Yellowstone Ave (on street that goes into Yellowstone National Park across from the museum), ☎ . Handcrafted gifts. Montana made, unique and useable.
- Running Bear Pancake House, 538 Madison Ave. Excellent breakfast place. Known for their pancakes, but other items are delicious also.
West Yellowstone is very much a tourist gateway to Yellowstone National Park and a large variety of accommodation options are available.
- American West Motel.
- Best Western Crosswinds Motor Inn, 201 Firehole Ave, ☎ , fax: .
- Best Western Desert Inn, US 20, 191 & 287, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Best Western Weston Inn, 103 Gibbon St, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Dude and Roundup Motel, 3 Madison Ave.
- Faithful Street Inn, 120 N. Faithful St, toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. Unique cabin lodging for couples, families and large groups. Cabins include wireless internet, ample parking, mountain views and modern rustic charm.
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, 315 Yellowstone Ave, ☎ .
- Kirkwood Resort & Marina, 11505 Hebgan Lake Rd, ☎ . Offers well cared for cabin rentals (some with full kitchens), RV spaces, and tent sites. The property includes a boat launch, fuel station, and boat, equipment rentals and park with horseshoe throw, volleyball net, BBQ grills, and picnic tables. The Kirkwood Roadhouse Grill restaurant is onsite.
- Madison Hotel, Motel, and Hostel, 139 Yellowstone Ave (at Dunraven St). Hostel dormitory rates start at $30, hotel/motel rates start at $59.
- Travelers Lodge, 225 West Yellowstone Ave.
- Yellowstone Country Inn, 234 Firehole Ave.
- Yellowstone Park Inn & Suites, 236 Dunraven.
- Yellowstone RV Park and Cabins, 210 S. Electric St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Less than a mile from west entrance to Yellowstone NP. Very clean; 50 amp service and full hookups. Can walk to downtown and shops.
|Routes through West Yellowstone|
|Idaho Falls ← Island Park ←||W E||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Casper|
|Bozeman ← Big Sky ←||N S||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Grand Teton N.P.|
|Helena ← Three Forks ←||N S||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Grand Teton N.P.|