West Yellowstone, Montana, is a rustic mountain town nestled between National Forest lands and is the gateway to Yellowstone National Park. It is only a mile from the park entrance, and the town's airport is the closest to the park, and to attractions like Old Faithful.
- Hebgen Lake District forest service office: West Yellowstone, +1 406 823-6961
- 1 Yellowstone Airport (WYS IATA) (is one mile north of the CBD). Delta (SkyWest) flies from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC IATA) two or three times a day from June to September.
West Yellowstone town center, including the museum, shops and restaurants, is small enough to easily walk around.
- 1 Museum of the Yellowstone, 104 Yellowstone Ave (in the old Union Pacific Station Building). Mid-May to mid-Oct. Shows a history of Yellowstone National Park and the tourist train service to West Yellowstone. Includes a collection of historic railway china. $6.
- Montana Whitewater Raft Company, Mile 64 on highway 191 between Bozeman and Big Sky; North of West Yellowstone, the West Entrance to the Park, toll-free: . Offering trips on the Gallatin, Madison and Yellowstone Rivers.
There is a large variety of local souvenirs available from the many shops in West Yellowstone.
- 1 Seldom Seen Knives and Gifts, 115 Yellowstone Ave (on street that goes into Yellowstone National Park across from the museum), ☏ . Handcrafted gifts. Montana made, unique and usable.
- 1 Running Bear Pancake House, 538 Madison Ave, ☏ , email@example.com. Excellent breakfast place. Known for their pancakes, but other items are delicious also.
West Yellowstone is very much a tourist gateway to Yellowstone National Park and a large variety of accommodation options are available.
- 1 Best Western Crosswinds Motor Inn, 201 Firehole Ave, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Best Western Desert Inn, US 20, 191 & 287, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 3 Best Western Weston Inn, 103 Gibbon St, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 4 Dude and Roundup Motel, 3 Madison Ave.
- 5 Faithful Street Inn, 120 N. Faithful St, toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. Unique cabin lodging for couples, families and large groups. Cabins include wireless internet, ample parking, mountain views and modern rustic charm.
- 6 Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, 315 Yellowstone Ave, ☏ .
- 7 Kirkwood Resort & Marina, 11505 Hebgan Lake Rd, ☏ . Offers well cared for cabin rentals (some with full kitchens), RV spaces, and tent sites. The property includes a boat launch, fuel station, and boat, equipment rentals and park with horseshoe throw, volleyball net, BBQ grills, and picnic tables. The Kirkwood Roadhouse Grill restaurant is onsite.
- 8 Madison Hotel, Motel, and Hostel, 139 Yellowstone Ave (at Dunraven St). Hostel dormitory rates start at $30, hotel/motel rates start at $59.
- 9 Stage Coach Inn, 209 Madison Avenue, P.O. Box 169, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10 Travelers Lodge, 225 West Yellowstone Ave.
- 11 Yellowstone Country Inn, 234 Firehole Ave.
- 12 White Buffalo Hotel, 236 Dunraven St, ☏ .
- 13 Yellowstone RV Park and Cabins, 210 S. Electric St, ☏ , email@example.com. Less than a mile from west entrance to Yellowstone NP. Very clean; 50 amp service and full hookups. Can walk to downtown and shops.
|Routes through West Yellowstone|
|Idaho Falls ← Island Park ←||W E||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Casper|
|Bozeman ← Big Sky ←||N S||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Grand Teton N.P.|
|Helena ← Three Forks ←||N S||→ Yellowstone N.P. → Grand Teton N.P.|