Wikivoyage:How to rename a page
Sometimes it's necessary to rename a page in Wikivoyage. Maybe the page title has a spelling error; maybe it doesn't conform to the article naming conventions; maybe it was accidentally created in the wrong namespace. In any case, this is how you rename (or "move") a page. Note that only registered accounts that have been active for 30 days or longer have permission to move pages - if you have not registered an account or your account is less than 30 days old, please ask someone to move the page.
- Go to the page as it exists right now.
- Use the article's talk page to discuss why the page should be renamed. A lot of talk pages are not well trafficked: If no one responds (or only a few people do), you may want to invite editors to contribute to the discussion at Wikivoyage:Requests for comment.
- If there is no objection to the move, click the Move this page link (this link will not appear if you are an unregistered user or have been registered for less than 30 days).
- In the form provided, give the title of the new page, without the square brackets ("[]").
- Unless there's a real good reason, leave the Move "talk" page checkbox checked.
- Hit the Move page button.
The old name of the page will be kept as a "redirect" page. Any links to the old name will automatically be "redirected" to the new name. However, it's best to go update existing pages that link to the old name, and replace the links with the new name.
- Go to the new page, and click the What links here button. This will show you all the other articles in Wikivoyage that link to this page. The old name of the page will be shown as a "redirect page", and links to the old name of the page will be shown underneath it.
- Go to all the pages that link to the old name, and update the links so they point to the new name.