Wikivoyage:Requests for comment
Requests for Comment
This page allows you to ask other Wikivoyagers to contribute to a discussion, including both policy/style pages as well as actual article content. You may want some feedback, more opinions, or just some help in reaching a consensus.
Requests pointing to discussions that have gone dormant for over two months may be removed from this page. Otherwise, the original contributor may remove a request when satisfied. (Please remember to do this, in order to keep the page current!)
Policy planning and proposals
- Wikivoyage talk:Dynamic maps Expedition#Maps and Stars - discussion started by User:ButteBag to try to break the impasse over whether an article can reach star status when it contains a dynamic map. -- Ryan • (talk) • 01:08, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Scotland Expedition - whether to use the 12-hour clock or 24-hour clock for Scotland articles. Ground Zero (talk) 15:29, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage_talk:Time_and_date_formats#Expanded_short_names_for_days_of_the_week – expanding the names of the week in our listings. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 19:08, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Bureaucrats#Check Users group - be a little more proactive with sockpuppets. --Traveler100 (talk) 08:08, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage talk:Country article template - Should we move the quickbar to the Understand section? --ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 11:21, 1 July 2018 (UTC)
- Talk:Travel_topics_index#Stop_the_breadcrumbs?. Many travel topics now have breadcrumbs, but (at least as I see it) they should not. Pashley (talk) 22:34, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
Articles and travel content
- Chiang Mai: There is currently discussion at Talk:Chiang Mai#Breaking up the accommodation listings on districting the city. Please participate. Ikan Kekek (talk) 20:47, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
- I've started creating articles for Friesland (NL) based on the existing municipalities to do away with stand-alone articles for smaller destinations, but am somewhat on the fence about how to deal with the extra-hierarchical region of Frisian Lakes. Feel free to leave your stance on the matter at its talk page.
-- Wauteurz (talk) 21:58, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- Shanghai districting is a hard problem; we've used several different schemes over the years & may not have it right yet. Recent discussion starts at Talk:Shanghai#Districts_-_Oh_what_a_mess! & continues into several later sections of the page. Pashley (talk) 14:38, 27 March 2018 (UTC)
- Talk:Bouzigues - please offer feedback on how the article could be improved. By my biased reckoning, it may only be one static map short of a star nomination, but it's possible I have tunnel vision. --ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 12:08, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
- Talk:Rail_travel_in_Germany#History_of_air-rail_alliances - your comments would be welcome about how much history to include. Ground Zero (talk) 08:08, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- Talk:Central African Republic - should we merge the regions into the country article? —Granger (talk · contribs) 05:29, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
- New Taipei City: I have made an attempt to divide the districts of New Taipei City into manageable units. Finally, the new headings (Northern Coastal Districts, Commercial Districts etc) should form new articles and the individual articles which are currently listed under these headings should be merged. The present reorganization is just a step in this direction. Info on debate: Talk:New_Taipei 184.108.40.206 10:00, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- Lofoten - I suggest that the 10 outline or near-outline articles covering this 25,000-inhabitant archipelago are merged into fewer, hopefully more usable articles. MartinJacobson (talk) 08:19, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
- Verona (Ontario) - there is nothing is this burgh, as explained on the article's talk page. Ground Zero (talk) 17:17, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
Ideas and expeditions
- If you'd like to help at User:Hobbitschuster/Aggregators be my guest. If we get this to some higher degree of usability we can have an informed decision whether we want that specific article in mainspace, or something like it.