This article has lots of great content, but is poorly formatted, needs to be broken into regions, and most listings lack addresses and other basic info (like city). This is a great tropical destination and I saw a TV show a while ago about this island which presented this island as an astounding destination.
- Create Regional/City Articles & Move Listings — The author(s) has already broken down "See" section into regions which ought to be created (there is only one article [the capital] of all the regions/cities/other destinations!). You don't need the firsthand knowledge to create the articles, simply rephrase a couple lines from Wikipedia and then move the listings to them...stub/outline articles are better than no articles!
- Formatting — In addition to the first rationale, there are lots of non-standard ways the author(s) has formatted most sections.
- Sleep Cleanup/Expansion — The sleep section has many listings, but is not broken down by price, many lack a description, and they should be moved to appropriate regions/cities. Fortunately for us, all of them have a website listed in the article.
- Better Map—The map is a simple map of the island with cities and a scale. The map could use a key (or at least get rid of the white section at left), and someone could easily search online for a map of the island with good destinations (ie. parks, points of attraction) to stick on the map so it's not bare. Also, if regional articles are created, this map will need appropriate shading for the various regions.
- I am having a go at a better map. • • • (WT-en) Peter (Southwood) Talk 05:55, 18 January 2011 (EST)
- More Pictures — The article could get a couple more pictures. At a minimum, they need to be spread out.
(WT-en) AHeneen 01:40, 23 April 2009 (EDT)
- Lukewarm. This is a great nomination, and we could do all these tasks and make it a much better guide. My only worries would be that we could probably move through all these tasks rather quickly, since the island nation is so small, and the amount of content is not huge. But that's not to say we shouldn't do this—it could definitely work. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 02:06, 23 April 2009 (EDT)
A sad state for one of the world's great cities. It's a freakin' mess.
The main article is actually pretty good, but it contains a lot of listings that should instead be in the district articles. It's those district articles that have significant problems.
- Verify the desired districting scheme — There was some discussion of this on the talk page that resulted in the current situation. In particular, one user was adamant that tiny neighborhoods within Downtown get their own articles because of their unique characters. Unique character or no, we just can't have a separate article on each of Toronto's little ethnic enclaves.
- Repair districting — Combine minor districts into the main districts identified in the main article. Move listings from the main article into the district articles. Make sure all links and breadcrumbs are set up correctly.
- Find pictures — There are a lot of redlinked images. I don't know why. They need to go and, ideally, be replaced by new images. Anyone can do a Google Images search and find some appropriately licensed shots.
- Copyediting — Self-explanatory.
-- (WT-en) LtPowers 16:23, 2 June 2010 (EDT)
- Support. I had been looking at Toronto before and it is indeed sad to see such an important destination so neglected. We especially need to fix the districts badly. --(WT-en) globe-trotter 16:02, 3 June 2010 (EDT)
June 2010 - Housekeeping June
There are some tasks that could use some much needed help. There should probably be spread out separately with each task getting a month, possibly with a regular destination in between each task. --(WT-en) Stefan (sertmann) talk 16:43, 17 December 2009 (EST)
Outline all stubs
Go through all the items in Category:Stub articles, make sure all the articles get's the relevant template, and then remove the stub tag. There are about 300-400 of them, so if just 5-6 people join in, the task could easily be accomplished in a month.
- Help the orphans
Once the all the missing IsIn/PartOf tags is fixed, which is a process currently ongoing, going through Special:Lonelypages and adding links from the parent regions should be a breeze. Limiting them to nine is something which I think is out of scope, so I think it should be a fairly quick and straightforward task
- Clean the backlog
We seem to have a giant backlog on some pretty important tasks, here is one way to deal with them.
Identify all pictures and articles currently  tagged with vfd, A lot of them are not on the nomination page. Preferably within a week, so they can be deleted or kept by the end of the month, would probably be good to put them all on list, than can be cleaned by deleting entries once checked. Comment/vote on all vfd's, so we can identify a consensus for long standing votes, and clean up everything so we have a clean slate.
- Clean up the pub.
Check and fix all Category:Copyvio tagged articles.
- Check and fix all Category:Not an article tagged articles.
- Go through and make the outstanding merges that are ready.
- I don't think these will attract new contributions, but I definitely think these are great collaborations. Everyone can participate. (WT-en) ChubbyWimbus 16:58, 18 December 2009 (EST)
- I've covered the first page of results for un-nominated VFD images, but there are several more pages to go. Also, I didn't realize it was a COTM task, but the long-standing VFD nominations were all cleared out over the past couple of weeks. I may have been a bit heavy-handed in some cases, but everything was done in accordance with our "article must have a consensus to keep" guidelines. -- (WT-en) Ryan • (talk) • 23:28, 3 June 2010 (EDT)
- I'd also be interested in trimming the blacklist a bit if no one objects. The linked discussion has more information. -- (WT-en) Ryan • (talk) • 15:24, 15 June 2010 (EDT)
For most up-to-date info, check the task lists:
I think Bangkok is a good nomination for CotM. Bangkok is one of the most visited cities in Asia, and very important for showing off Wikivoyage to site visitors. Many users should be able to make a contribution as many of them probably have visited Bangkok. The amount of content on the main page is impressive, but basically, it's a big mess. Most of the sights have to be moved from the main page to the district pages. The Snake farm is actually listed twice on the main page and once on the Silom district page!! A list of all that's to be done:
- Move most of the attractions - from the Bangkok See and Do sections to the districts
- Clean up the formatting - mostly in the See and Do sections, as well as in the districts. Even bullets are missing.
- Listingify: Use the listings tool for all the sights, so people can more easily add information later.
- The Do-section is a mess - the golf section is too big (why are Samut Prakan golf courses here?), and well, so is the Spa section. Some biking routes through the city could be added. I think it should also be more descriptive, instead of these gazillion lists of golf courses.
- More traveler-oriented descriptions - The See section descriptions are bland, we must live it up by changing them in a more personal and compelling way. Not "oh this is so great, go here", but more from an honest travellers' point of view. Damnern Saduak is a tourist-mania, it's not even written there. And Taling Chan is not that authentic as well.
- The Buy section - it's actually quite nice, but the 'where to buy' is a drag. Let's move these to the districts, and only keep the most significant ones. Damnern Saduak should be moved to 'Get Out' (and Ampawa could be added to Get Out as well).
- Contact section - too small, needs more information on internet cafes, calling and post offices.
- Stay Safe - it has some good info, but it's a bit messy. The 'scam' part starts with the gem souvenir scam, and then repeats it in the second bullet.
- Yaowarat and Pahurat - a new region, it must be put up to par to other regions, especially by adding more listings in the eat, drink and sleep section.
- Other regions listings - Thonburi could definitely use some places to eat, drink and sleep in Thonburi. And the Peninsula hotel should be moved there as well. Pahonyothin could use some listings in the See and Drink section, while Ratchadaphisek needs more of nearly any listings.
- Chao Phraya - Let's decide where the dinner cruises over the river go. Should it be in one of the regions, or in the Bangkok main article?
- Wat Arun - now it's features in both Rattanakosin and Thonburi. Let's choose.
- Maps - I know this is not suitable for the CotM, but at least the first region map should be changed to include Yaowarat+Pahurat and Khao San Road. If someone's up for it, we still need maps for nearly everything. I made a beginning with the map of Khao San Road (though that's only an overview map, no listings yet).
- Bangkok Transportation Map - it is cool, but many stops are missing (like Tha Chang for the Grand Palace, and Phra Athit is wrongfully called "Banglampoo")
- Pictures - could be added as well.
I'm actually looking forward to the result when all these issues would be fixed. It would be a great article I think.
(WT-en) Globe-trotter 10:27, 15 August 2009 (EDT)
- Definite Support. If it is not finished by the time we tackle Bangkok, then sorting out the breadcrumb trail of all the Thailand articles could go hand in hand. I have started this job.--(WT-en) Burmesedays 09:10, 6 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. It is a great city that deserves a better article and the info is there so everybody can get started (WT-en) jan 10:05, 6 October 2009 (EDT)
- Update. Some of these tasks are already done (though many aren't as well). I made a new list of tasks to do at . (WT-en) Globe-trotter 14:34, 15 December 2009 (EST)
- Not sure if this is common, but I'd like to change the nomination. Quite a lot of the easier tasks in Bangkok have already been done (though there are still a lot left also, as can be seen this Task List ). But as Burmesedays already noticed, now it seems more important to fix the regional structure of Thailand. Now every province is listed and even subdivided in Amphoes (districts), with many provinces just boasting one town (the capital). I proposed a new structure, and put up a London-style table to show where things should be moved. Everyone can do this, just follow the table here → . Then I think we could combine Bangkok and Thailand as suggested above. --(WT-en) globe-trotter 11:19, 14 January 2010 (EST)
- I would fully support that. The work to clean up a regional stucture is perhaps a little more involved than tackling a city, but I do not see any problems with that as it seems that everyone who participates in a CotM is an experienced Wikivoyager. On a list of WT priorities, sorting out Thailand shoud be quite high up. Major country for travellers which is in a bit of mess. --(WT-en) Burmesedays 11:28, 14 January 2010 (EST)
- Support Burmesedays and Globe-Trotter: Would you want to make this the February (next) collaboration? I ask you two, because it seems you are heading the project, so if you are not ready for it to be featured, then we should wait. If you are ready, then I think this can be a success! (WT-en) ChubbyWimbus 18:48, 15 January 2010 (EST)
- Support. And I will be happy to participate, (WT-en) ClausHansen 19:00, 15 January 2010 (EST)
- Yes, I am all for this project, to finally sort out the Thailand regional structure and get at least the important articles up to usable status. The Tourist Authority of Thailand (TAT) spammed pretty much all sections with listings, but is this what we really want? Now many listings are not written from a traveller perspective. I feel we could delete the descriptions of many of these listings so that travellers can fill in their own opinion later. If travellers are looking for the TAT dump, they better just visit TAT. --(WT-en) globe-trotter 19:10, 15 January 2010 (EST)
- February works for me. On the TAT infomation dump, I have cleared it out of a couple of articles already (few months back) and I know Stefan has done the same. Keep the better stuff only. A lot of it is just long lists of establishments. --(WT-en) Burmesedays 23:04, 15 January 2010 (EST)