The town has all the facilities that would be expected: medical, dental, shops, supermarkets, police station, banks, etc. Lotus Cars are based just outside the town in Hethel.
- 1 Wymondham railway station (close to the town centre). The town is on the Cambridge to Norwich train line.
Wymondham is small enough to walk around. The town has several carparks.
- 1 Wymondham Abbey. Today the Abbey serves as the parish church of Wymondham, but it started life as a Benedictine priory.
- 2 Wymondham Heritage Museum (Wymondham Bridewell).
- 1 Banham Zoo (Zoological Society of East Anglia), Kenninghall Road, Banham, Norfolk NR16 2HE (11 miles to SSW), ☎ . Opening times vary through year. Good sized zoo, wide range of animals, good enclosures, well looked after. Entry price varies with time of year and visitor age.
- 2 Wymondham Leisure Centre, Norwich Road, Wymondham, NR18 0NT, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 25m swimming pool, gym and fitness centre. Swimming: Adult £4.50 Child (5–18) £2.25 Child (under 5) Free.
- 3 Snetterton Motor Race Circuit, NR16 2JU (12 miles to SW), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 08:30–19:00. Sa–Su 08:30–15:30. Motorsport events, race days, experience days.
- 4 Lotus Cars Factory Tour, Potash Lane, Hethel, NR14 8EZ (3 miles ESE of town). Different tours on different days at different prices. Book through website.
The surrounding countryside has many small rural quiet roads without many hills ideally suited to cycling. The network of small lanes will need a map (or GPS or smartphone with mapping) for those not familiar with the area. Cyclists avoid the A11 running past the town and tend to use the narrower rural lanes.
The area is popular for horse riding
- 5 Hill Farm Riding Centre, Hill Farmhouse, Hackford Road, Hardingham, NR9 4ED, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Tu, W & F 10:00–21:00. Sa–Su 09:00–15:00. Riding School and livery stables ½ hr private lesson £27.
The town has two main supermarkets
- 1 Waitrose (Supermarket), Norwich Road, NR18 0SH, ☎ . M-F 07:30–21:00. Sa 07:30–20:00. Su 10:00–16:00. Supermarket (food, drink and general items), ATMs, cafe, petrol station
- 2 Morrisons (Supermarket), Postmill Close, NR18 0NS, ☎ . M–Sa 07:00–22:00. Su 10:00–16:00. Also ATMs.
The town centre has a wide range of smaller shops, banks, etc.
There are two markets
- 3 Weekly Market, Market Cross. F 09:00–14:30.
- 4 Farmers Market, Market Cross. 3rd Sa each month 09:00–13:00.
- 5 Howards Cycles, 63 Back Lane, NR18 0LB, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Tu & W–Sa 09:00–17:30. Bicycle sales and repairs
Several restaurants, take-aways, fish & chip shops, pizza shops, etc. in the town.
- 1 Shapla Tandoori, 22-26 Town Green, Wymondham, NR18 0PW, ☎ . Daily 12:00-14:00 & 17:30-23:00. Authentic Indian/Bangladeshi Cuisine.
- 2 Kindreds, 2 Bridewell Street, Wymondham, NR18 0AR, ☎ . M-Sa 12:00-14:00 & 18:00-21:00. Su 12:00-16:00. Modern French cuisine. Set menu: Su lunch 2 courses £18, 3 courses £23. Or a la carte..
Number of pubs in the town.
- 1 The Green Dragon Tavern (Pub), 6 Church Street, Wymondham, NR18 0PH, ☎ . M-Th 12:00-23:00. F-Sa 12:00-00:00. Su 12:00-22:30. Medieval pub dating back to 14th century. Served drinks & food.
- 2 The Lemon Tree Café Bar, 2 Damgate Street, Wymondham, NR18 0BQ, ☎ . T-Th 09:00-15:00. F-Sa 08:00-15:00. Café, cakes & bar.
- 3 The Railway (Pub), Station Rd, Wymondham, NR18 0JY (5 mins walk from town centre), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Pub: M-Sa 11:30-23:00. Su 12:00-22:30.. Also serves food (more limited hours).
Several hotels and B&Bs in town and surrounding area offering range of standards (and prices)
- 1 Town House Hotel, 28 Market St, NR18 0BB (In town centre), ☎ . 2* hotel. Free Wi-Fi. Free parking
- 2 Park Farm Hotel, Norwich Rd, Hethersett, NR9 3DL, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4* exclusive country house hotel.
- 3 61 on Folly B&B, 61 Folly Road (Entrance via Bellrope Lane), Wymondham, NR18 0QR, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 16:00-21:00 (earlier on request), check-out: by 10:30 (later on request). Incl. Wi-Fi. Bank Holidays, Easter & summer months (1 May-31 Aug) min booking 2 nights on F, Sa & Su. No pets. £65 (single per night). £85 (double per night). Discounts for 5 nights or longer..
- 4 Yew Tree House B&B, Silfield St, Silfield, NR18 9NS, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. £40 (single per night). £70 (double per night).
- 5 Top Barn B&B, Wymondham Rd, Wramplingham, NR18 0RZ, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 3 course supper £22.50. £65 (single occupancy). £80 (double)..
- 1 Nearest Accident & Emergency: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital (Casualty or the Emergency Room), Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UY (7 miles E of town). 24/7.
- 2 Nearest General Practice (GP): Wymondham Medical Centre (Primary Healthcare), Postmill Close, Wymondham, NR18 0RF, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M 08:00–18:00 & 18:30–20:00. Tu–F 08:00–18:00. Sa 08:30–11:00..
- 3 John G. Plummer (Dentist), Wymondham Medical Centre, Post Mill Close, Wymondham, NR18 0RF, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. M 08:30–17:30. Tu–F 08:30–17:00..
- 4 Pharmacy: Well, 47 Market Street, Wymondham, NR180AJ, ☎ . M–F 09:00-18:00. Sa 09:00–17:30.
- 5 Post Office, 39 Market Street, Wymondham, NR18 0AJ (Inside T&S Stores), ☎ .