|Canton of Zurich (1 Zurich, 2 Horgen, 3 Regensberg, 4 Uster, 5 Winterthur)|
Switzerland's biggest city and most important airport are located here. However, there are also smaller cities to visit, if Zurich seems to busy.
|Canton of Zug (6 Zug)|
Sitzerland's very own tax haven. However, the region also has much to offer, with scenic views and two lakes.
|Canton of Aargau (7 Aarau, 8 Baden (Switzerland), 9 Brugg)|
The capital of this canton is Aarau. This region is often seen as the suburbs of Zurich. The Fricktal part of Aargau is part of Northwestern Switzerland
Public holidays vary by canton. These are the public holidays in addition to those observed in the whole of Switzerland:
- St. Berchtold (2 January, observed in Aargau and Zurich)
- Labour Day (1 May, observed in Aargau and Zurich)
- Corpus Christi (60 days after Easter, observed in Aargau and Zug)
- Assumption (15 August, observed in Aargau and Zug)
- All Saints Day (1 November, observed in Aargau and Zug)
- Immaculate Conception (8 December, observed in Aargau and Zug)
The city of Zurich has two local festivals Sechseläuten (almost always third Monday of April) and Knabenschiessen which (Monday after second weekend of September) which are unofficially observed as half-day holidays in the city with many businesses closed after 13:00.
Both Switzerland's most important airport and railway station lie in this region.
Zurich Hauptbahnhof (main station) is an international train station with trains arriving from France, Italy, Austria, Germany, and beyond.
1 Zurich Airport (ZRH IATA) is located in Kloten just north of the city of Zurich. It is well connected by train to most parts of the region. More details on the airport are in the Zurich Airport article as well as the main Zurich article.
The locals are very proud of their tram car, they are excellent for getting around in the city. For these and also the regional S-Bahn trains, see ZVV. See also SBB for the national trains. For Aargau local rail map, tickets and timetables see the website of A-Welle.
- Historical center of the Zurich city
- 1 Technorama - Swiss Science Centre. A good place to spend a rainy day with kids. Lots of hands-on experiments.
|Canton of Zürich|
|Canton of Zürich|