- Aarau capital city of the canton of Aargau
- Baden in the canton of Aargau
- Olten an important transit point
- Regensberg, a nice little village on a hill
Public holidays vary by canton. These are the public holidays in addition to those observed in the whole of Switzerland:
- St. Berchtold (2 January, observed in Aargau and Zurich)
- Labour Day (1 May, observed in Aargau and Zurich)
- Corpus Christi (60 days after Easter, observed in Aargau and Zug)
- Assumption (15 August, observed in Aargau and Zug)
- All Saints Day (1 November, observed in Aargau and Zug)
- Immaculate Conception (8 December, observed in Aargau and Zug)
The city of Zurich has two local festivals Sechseläuten (almost always third Monday of April) and Knabenschiessen which (Monday after second weekend of September) which are unofficially observed as half-day holidays in the city with many businesses closed after 13:00.
Both Switzerland's most important airport and railway station lie in this region.
Zurich Hauptbahnhof (main station) is an international train station with trains arriving from France, Italy, Austria, Germany, and beyond.
Zurich international airport lies to the north of the city of Zurich. Airlines fly out of ZRH to destinations all over the world.