The Amtrak Cascades is a passenger train route operated by Amtrak. It is named after the Cascade mountain range that the route parallels. The Cascades covers a 446-mile (718 km) rail corridor and connects 18 cities in the Pacific Northwest from Eugene, Oregon to Vancouver, British Columbia. However, no single train covers the whole distance from Vancouver, BC to Eugene, OR. As of February 2016, two daily trains operate between Vancouver, BC and Seattle or Portland, four daily trains operate between Seattle and Portland, and two trains operate between Eugene and Seattle or Portland. Further expansion of service between Seattle and Portland was halted in late 2017 due to a fatal accident in December that involved a train falling off the tracks near Seattle. Check the schedule for exact times. In addition to the above, the Amtrak Coast Starlight offers an additional train along the same route from Seattle to Eugene with the same stops except Tukwila and Oregon City. The Coast Starlight then continues from Eugene to Los Angeles with two additional stops in Chemult and Klamath Falls, Oregon before crossing into California.
From north to south:
- 1 Vancouver – Pacific Central Station. A connection can be made here to The Canadian. Thruway bus connections to Seattle by Cantrail and to Victoria by Wilsons Transportation Ltd.
- 2 Bellingham – Fairhaven Station. A connection can be made here to the Alaska Marine Highway System
- 3 Mount Vernon – Skagit Transportation Center.
- 4 Stanwood– Stanwood Station. Gateway to Camano Island
- 5 Everett – Everett Station. A connection can be made here to the Empire Builder.
- 6 Edmonds – Edmonds Station. A connection can be made here to the Empire Builder.
- 7 Seattle – King Street Station. A connection can be made here to the Empire Builder. Thruway bus connections to Vancouver by Cantrail and to Port Angeles by Olympic Bus Lines.
- 8 Tukwila – Tukwila Station.
- 9 Tacoma – Tacoma Station.
- 10 Olympia/Lacey – Centennial Station.
- 11 Centralia – Centralia Station.
- 12 Kelso/Longview – Kelso Station.
- 13 Vancouver – Vancouver Station. A connection can be made here to the Empire Builder.
- 14 Portland – Union Station. A connection can be made here to the Empire Builder. Thruway connections to Eugene is operated by Cascades Point and to Astoria by NW Point, both operated by MTR Western.
- 15 Oregon City – Oregon City Station.
- 16 Salem – Salem Station.
- 17 Albany – Albany Station.
- 18 Eugene – Eugene Springfield Station. Thruway connections to Portland is operated by Cascades Point