- This article is an itinerary.
The Amtrak Cascades is a passenger train route operated by Amtrak. It is named after the Cascade mountain range that the route parallels. The Cascades covers a 446-mile (718 km) rail corridor and connects 18 cities in the Pacific Northwest from Eugene, Oregon to Vancouver, British Columbia. However, no single train covers the whole distance from Vancouver, BC to Eugene, OR. As of February 2016, two daily trains operate between Vancouver, BC and Seattle or Portland, four daily trains operate between Seattle and Portland, and two trains operate between Eugene and Seattle or Portland. Further expansion of service between Seattle and Portland was halted in late 2017 due to a fatal accident in December that involved a train falling off the tracks near Seattle. Check the schedule for exact times.
From north to south:
- 2 Bellingham – Fairhaven Station.
- 3 Mount Vernon – Skagit Transportation Center.
- 4 Stanwood – Stanwood Station.
- 5 Everett – Everett Station.
- 6 Edmonds – Edmonds Station.
- 7 Seattle – King Street Station.
- 8 Tukwila – Tukwila Station.
- 9 Tacoma – Tacoma Station.
- 10 Olympia/Lacey – Centennial Station.
- 11 Centralia – Centralia Station.
- 12 Kelso/Longview – Kelso Station.
- 13 Vancouver – Vancouver Station.
- 14 Portland – Union Station.
- 15 Oregon City – Oregon City Station.
- 16 Salem – Salem Station.
- 17 Albany – Albany Station.
- 18 Eugene – Eugene Station.