Itineraries > North America itinerariesJump to navigation Jump to search
Itineraries in North America
Crossing more than one country
- 1 Alaska Highway road connecting Alaska with the rest of North America running primarily through Canada.
- 2 Alaska Marine Highway
- Amtrak Cascades
- 3 Chilkoot Trail A 33 mi (53 km) hike from the coast of Dyea, Alaska to Lake Bennett in British Columbia.
- Driving between the contiguous United States and the Alaska Highway
- Pan American Highway is a series of routes that passes through Alaska, Canada, the contiguous United States, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama in North America.
- The Underground Railroad was a network of disparate historical routes used by African-American slaves to escape the "slave states" in the South to the Northern states ("Free states"). Some escaped slaves continued north from the United States to Canada while others went south to Mexico to reach freedom. Today many of the "stations" along the "railroads" serve as museums and memorials to the former slaves' journey north.
- Across Canada by train and The Canadian
- 2 Bruce Trail
- 3 Dempster Highway
- Driving between the Pacific Coast and the Rockies
- Esker Trail
- Icefields Parkway
- Mackenzie Highway
- 4 Rideau Canal
- Rock Point Trail
- Stewart-Cassiar Highway
- Sunshine Coast-Vancouver Island Circle Tour
- Trans-Canada Highway and 5 Yellowhead Highway
- Trans Canada Trail
- 6 Trans-Labrador Highway and 7 Quebec Route 389
- 8 Windsor-Quebec corridor
- Cenotes of the Yucatán drive through the Yucatán Peninsula
- Ruta Puuc 41 km network of secondary roads through Yucatán state
United States of America itineraries
Across the USA
- 1 American Discovery Trail
- American Industry Tour
- Amtrak Cascades
- 2 Appalachian Trail
- California Zephyr
- Continental Divide Trail
- Easy Rider
- Empire Builder
- Lewis and Clark Trail
- Lincoln Highway
- 3 Mississippi River
- Oregon Trail
- Pony Express National Historic Trail
- Route 66
- 4 Radiator Springs
- The Jazz Track
- Touring Shaker country
- Trail of Tears National Historic Trail
- U.S. Highway 1
- Broadway A 33-mile road linking Manhattan's Times Square with the historic village of Sleepy Hollow.
- Erie Canal
- 13 Historic Churches of Buffalo's East Side A half day urban driving tour in Buffalo.
- Arroyo del Valle Trail in the East Bay
- East Shore Trail near Lake Del Valle in the East Bay
- El Camino Real
- Ohlone Wilderness Trail in the East Bay
- Olompali–Petaluma–Sonoma historic parks in the California Wine Country
- Pacific Coast Highway
- 14 Along the Magnificent Mile A one-day and night sightseeing tour on foot of Chicago.
- Loop Art Tour A half day walking tour in central Chicago.
- Bandit Run is a re-enactment of the road traveled in the 1977 film Smokey and the Bandit from Texarkana, Texas to Atlanta, Georgia; through Tupelo, Mississippi and Birmingham, Alabama.
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Braddock Expedition
- Forrest Gump tour is a tour of the sites used for the filming of the 1994 comedy film Forrest Gump, directed by Robert Zemeckis, and starring Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump the main character. The majority of the scenes were filmed in and around Beaufort, South Carolina and in Savannah, Georgia. Other scenes were filmed in Los Angeles, California and in Washington DC too.
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- Old South and New South tour of Atlanta
- 15 A Taste of Coastal Texas A three-day weekend drive along State Highway 35
- Canoeing the San Marcos River