Anoka is located at the confluence of the Rum and Mississippi Rivers.
US Highways 10 and 169 run through Anoka.
- 1 Northstar Line (Anoka Station), 4th Ave and Johnson St. The Northstar Line is a commuter rail service linking Anoka with downtown Minneapolis. Service is infrequent, with five inbound trips on weekday mornings and five outbound trips on weekday afternoons/evenings, with one reverse trip during each rush hour period. There are also three trips in each direction on weekends. One-way fares between Anoka and Minneapolis $3 at all times; one-way fares between Anoka and any other station $3 weekdays, $2.50 weekends.
- 1 Anoka County History Center and Library, 2135 3rd Ave (at Van Buren St), ☏ . Tu 10AM-8PM, W-F 10AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. A museum chronicling the history of Anoka County with permanent and rotating exhibits. The historical society also conducts various history tours around the city and county. $3 adults, $2 children 6-17. Free admission first Tu of the month.
- 2 Windego Park Auditorium and Open Air Theater, S Ferry St, south of Main St. An outdoor amphitheater built in 1914 on the west bank of the Rum River.
- 1 Bamboo Village, 737 W Main St (at Fairoak Ave), ☏ . 11AM-9PM daily. Chinese.
- 2 Casa Rio, 201 Jackson St, ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-11PM, F-Sa 11AM-1AM. Tex-Mex.
- 3 Two Scoops, 1918 2nd Ave (between Main and Monroe Sts), ☏ . Winter: M-Th 2PM-9PM, F 2PM-10PM, Sa noon-10PM, Su noon-9PM. Ice cream shop.
- 1 Avant Garden, 215 E Main St. M 7AM-7PM, Tu-F 7AM-8PM, Sa 8AM-8PM, Su 9AM-5PM. Coffee house with outdoor patio in the bank. Located in what used to be an old saloon.
- 2 Beer Belly's on Main, 227 E Main St, ☏ . Local dive bar.
In addition to the branch library listed below, the Anoka County History Center (listed above), which is affiliated with the Anoka County Library, offers free wireless internet.
- 1 Rum River Library (Anoka County Library), 4201 6th Ave (off Bunker Lake Blvd between 7th Ave and the Rum River), ☏ . M,W noon-8PM, Tu,Th 10AM-6PM, F noon-6PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Free wireless internet access.
|Routes through Anoka|
|Fargo ← Elk River ←||W E||→ Coon Rapids → Saint Paul|
|Grand Rapids ← Elk River ←||N S||→ Maple Grove/Brooklyn Park → Minneapolis via|
|Aitkin ← Mille Lacs ← Jct W E ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Coon Rapids → Minneapolis|
|Big Lake ← Elk River ←||NW SE||→ Coon Rapids → Minneapolis|