North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Georgia (state) > Metro Atlanta > Atlanta > Atlanta/Sweet Auburn
Sweet Auburn is a district in Atlanta. This area served as the thriving center of black enterprise in Atlanta from the 1890s through the 1940s and is the birthplace of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr..
MARTA East-West Line makes a stop at King Memorial Station (E2).
- The King Center and Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, 449 Auburn Ave, NE, ☎ . The memorial of Martin Luther King Jr. Which was established in 1968. The place shows Martin Luther King, Jr's nonviolent Social Change works. The historic site features a museum and preserves the neighborhood that includes Dr. King's birth home and Ebenezer Baptist Church. His Nobel Prize and tomb are also located here.
- 1 Apex Museum, 135 Auburn Ave, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Tu - Sa 10AM - 5PM.
- Madame C.J. Walker Museum, 54 Hilliard St, ☎ .
- Learn more about the life and dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and civil rights history at the King Center.
- Visit his memorial and pay respect
- Attend a service at Ebenezer Baptist Church
- Sweet Auburn Springfest.
- The House of Fleur Fleur, 171 Auburn Ave, Unit H3. M - Sa 11AM - 6PM. A clothing store that states in its "About" page that it sells items seen on runways and magazine covers for under $100.
- Sister Louisa's Church of the Living Room and Ping Pong Emporium, 466 Edgewood Ave SE, ☎ .
- Joystick Gamebar, 427 Edgewood Ave SE, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.