- Ayodhya — birthplace of Shri Ram, the central character from the Hindu mythology Ramayana
- Faizabad — former capital of the state of Awadh
- Lucknow — the capital of Uttar Pradesh, also home to one of the IIM
- Raebareli — famous as the VVIP parliamentary constituency
- Sitapur — river city, Sufi center
- Sultanpur — A university city
- Unnao — a small temple city
- Rajesultanpur — city with top Hindus places
- Dudhwa National Park — a project for wildlife preservation.
Awadhi cuisine is famous and represents a continuation of the heritage of the Mughal Empire.