Bangor is a city in Northampton County in the Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania. It is 74 miles (119 km) west of New York City, the largest city in the United States, and 87.3 miles (140.5 km) north of Philadelphia, the nation's sixth largest city.
- Lehigh Valley International Airport, ABE IATA, lies in the center of the Lehigh Valley, 22 miles (35 km) southwest of Bangor, and has nine gates, six aircraft holding spots, and two runways. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Delta Connection, and United Express offer direct flights to Lehigh Valley International from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville, Fort Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and elsewhere. Car rental services and commercial and public bus services are available for ground transportation from the airport.
- A second option is Philadelphia International Airport, which is 95 miles (153 km) south of Bangor. An extensive number of domestic and international carriers offer direct flight service to PHL from most U.S. cities, Canada, and a number of Caribbean, European, and Latin American destinations. Cars are available for rent at the airport.
- 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, 86 miles (138 km) south of Bangor, is the third busiest Amtrak station in the United States. Cars are available for rent inside the station.
The primary bus terminal for Bangor is the Allentown Bus Terminal is at 325 Hamilton Street in center city Allentown, and several commercial bus companies offer transportation to Allentown, including:
- Trans-Bridge Lines offers daily service to Allentown from New York City and Newark, New Jersey. There are several express buses per day into New York City.
- Trailways offers service from most major Northeastern cities.
- OurBus offers daily service from New York City and weekend service from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Binghamton, and Ithaca, arriving at the I-476 Allentown Service Plaza near Wescosville.
From Interstate 80
- Route 33 South to Route 512 East
- Route 191 South
- Route 611 South to Route 512 West
From Interstate 78 and Route 22
- Routh 33 North to Route 512 East
- Route 611 North to Route 512 West
From the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 476)
- Route 22 East to Route 33 North to Route 512 East
- A&A Limousine Service, ☏ or ☏
- Bella Luxury Limo, ☏
- J&J Transportation, ☏ or ☏
- Your Way Taxi & Limo, ☏
- 1 Columcille Megalith Park, 2155 Fox Gap Road, ☏ . Dawn to dusk. Call or check website for special events.. A beautiful walking park with "megaliths", giant celtic stones similar to the ones at Stonehenge, strategically placed. Periodic celtic celebrations like Maypoles, group meditations, "pageants", concerts and other events on equinox days and other special events.
- Kirkridge Retreat and Study Center (a place for rest and renewal), 2495 Fox Gap Road, ☏ . The web site calls it "rooted in Christ", but it's not fundamentalist at all. Programs for Lesbian/Gay, etc. groups, therapeutic recovery groups, yoga, peace activist groups, Native American spiriualism and more programs like that. Very beautiful mountain, with "tarn" to swim in, a memorial garden, and a meditative "labyrynth".
- Tentrr at O'Krekk Farm, 7525 Hahn Rd, ☏ . Camp at the 42 acre farm.
- 1 Broadway Pub, 62 Broadway, ☏ . A great pub in the heart of downtown Bangor, on the first floor the historic Colonial Hotel. Features a diverse food menu and a good selection of major label and craft beers. Food and drink specials daily.
In Bangor, like all Lehigh Valley locations, you must dial an area code when you place a call. Area codes in Bangor and the Lehigh Valley are 610, 484, and (since 2022) 835.
Other Lehigh Valley locations
- Allentown, 31 miles (50 km)
- Bethlehem, 25 miles (40 km)
- Easton, 15 miles (24 km)
- Emmaus, 37 miles (60 km)
- Fogelsville, 38 miles (61 km)
- Hellertown, 28 miles (45 km)
- Nazareth, 12 miles (19 km)
- Phillipsburg, NJ, 15 miles (24 km)
- Slatington, 27 miles (43 km)
- Whitehall Township, 32 miles (51 km)
Regional cities and locations
- Atlantic City, 149.3 miles (240.3 km)
- Harrisburg, 107.2 miles (172.5 km)
- New York City, 74 miles (119 km)
- Philadelphia, 87.3 miles (140.5 km)
- The Poconos, 25.1 miles (40.4 km)