Nazareth is a town in Northampton County in the Lehigh Valley. It is located in the Philadelphia/Pocono Region of Pennsylvania in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. It is made up of four townships (Bushkill, Lower Nazareth, Upper Nazareth, and the Borough of Nazareth. Est 1740
From Interstate 80
- Route 33 South to Route 512 East
- Route 611 South to Route 512 West to 33 South
From Interstate 78
- Routh 33 North to Route 248
From Route 22
- Route 191 North
From the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 476)
- Route 22 East to Route 191 North
The primary and most convenient point of airline entry to Nazareth and Lehigh Valley is Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE IATA). Various airlines operate out of this airport. Philadelphia International Airport (PHL IATA) is a major international airport that is about 70 miles away. Since it is a hub for several national airlines, it is easy to obtain non-stop flights to Philadelphia International compared to ABE and usually cheaper.
Lehigh Valley Taxi
- Whitefield House (Moravian Historical Society)Today the Whitefield House provides outstanding educational opportunities for those interested in history, religion, art, and natural history. Many of the items on exhibit are one of a kind or extremely rare. Among these treasures are scenes from the nativity and passion of Christ, by John Valentine Haidt.
- Pennsylvania Longrifle Heritage Museum (Jacobsburg Historical Society [dead link])Relive the history of the Henry's 18th and 19th century gunsmiths.
- Andretti Households. As small as it is, Nazareth is the home of Michael, Mario and Marco Andretti, famous racing champions.
- Martin Guitar. In Nazareth is the global headquarters for C.F. Martin & Company, which manufactures Martin guitars. Martin guitars are handmade instruments that once were made by artisans who apprenticed for years to learn their trade. Now, Martin Guitars are made largely on an assembly line monitored and assisted by workers, computers, and lasers. Assembly lines at Martin were instituted to lower costs, improve speed of production, and compete with foreign manufacturers, without which efforts it is said that the company would have ceased to survive. Take a tour and see how these famous guitars are made.
- Herbs to your Success is a "wellness spa" where you can relax in an oxygen psa, a body wrap, a jelly foot soak, and more. Located at 35 Belvidere Street; 610-365-8996.
There are a couple of small shopping spots in the town of Nazareth. If you are looking for something bigger and better, you can shop in the streets of downtown Bethlehem, located 15 minutes away, which has many trendy boutiques, such as the popular Popmart. Nazareth is also only 10 minutes away from the Palmer Park Mall and 15 minutes from the Lehigh Valley Mall.
Many pizzerias are located in Nazareth, including the Pizza Joe's and Sicily's Pizza. Beck's Land and Sea is a wonderful seafood restaurant located in Bushkill Township. There are also a few cafe's in the town of Nazareth, including the Main Street Garden Cafe, which are great for a mid-day quick lunch.
- [dead link] Cafe del mar, 5881 Sullivan Trail, ☏ . Warm, friendly atmosphere offering regional Mediterranean cuisine. $$$.
- Rios Brazilian Steakhouse, 127 S. Broad Street, ☏ . The Brazilian Barbecue Sensation-"Rodizio de Churrasco" all you can eat buffet, salad bar and a lavish variety of meats (15-20) served off skewers, typical drinks and homemade desserts. $$.
One of Nazareth's most popular bars is the Broad Street Tavern, located in the heart of Nazareth. There is also great night life in Easton, which is only 10 minutes from Nazareth.
One place to stay the night while in Nazareth that really gives you the feel of the history of the town is the Classic Victorian Bed and Breakfast, which is a turn of the century Colonial Revival home. (35 N. New Street, Nazareth, +1 610-759-8276 [formerly dead link]) If you would like to stay in a more standard hotel, you can stay at the Hampton Inn Easton, which is located on Easton Nazareth Hwy, less than 5 minutes from Nazareth.
Nazareth Borough, 134 S. Main Street, +1 610-759-0202 (phone), +1 610-759-1073 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lehigh Valley Covention and Visitors Bureau, www.LehighValleyPA.org
- Bethlehem Visitor Center, 505 Main Street, Bethlehem +1 610 691-6055. Hours: 10AM - 5PM Tuesday - Saturday. 12PM - 5PM Sunday. Closed Monday.
Other Lehigh Valley locations
- Allentown - home of Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom - 15 miles
- Bethlehem - home of the Sands Casino Resort - 9 miles
- Easton - home of The Crayola FACTORY - 7 miles
- Hellertown - 15 miles
- Emmaus - 24 miles
- Fogelsville - 23 miles
- Bangor (Pennsylvania) - 12 miles
- Whitehall - 16 miles
Regional cities and locations