Whitehall Township is a suburban township near Allentown in the Lehigh Valley region of eastern Pennsylvania. The township is 64.1 miles (103.2 km) north of Philadelphia, the sixth largest city in the United States, and 93.7 miles (150.8 km) west of New York City, the nation's largest city.
- 1 Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE IATA), 3311 Airport Rd. Allentown, ☏ . This airport lies in the center of the Lehigh Valley, 5 miles (8.0 km) east of Whitehall Township, and has nine gates, six aircraft holding spots, and two runways. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Delta Connection, and United Express offer direct flights to Lehigh Valley International from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Nashville, Fort Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and elsewhere. Car rental services and commercial and public bus services are available for ground transportation from the airport.
- A second option is Philadelphia International Airport, which is 71 miles (114 km) north of Whitehall Township. Many domestic and international carriers offer direct flight service to PHL from most U.S. cities, Canada, and a number of Caribbean, European, and Latin American destinations. Cars are available for rent at the airport.
- 30th Street Station, the third busiest Amtrak station in the United States, is 63 miles (101 km) southeast of Whitehall Township. Cars are available for rent inside the station.
- 2 Allentown Bus Terminal, 325 Hamilton St., Allentown, ☏ . The primary bus terminal for Whitehall Township is the Allentown bus terminal at 325 Hamilton Street in center city Allentown, and several commercial bus companies offer transportation to Allentown, including:
- Trans-Bridge Lines offers daily service to Allentown from New York City and Newark, New Jersey. There are several express buses per day into New York City.
- Trailways offers service from most major Northeastern cities.
- OurBus offers daily service from New York City and weekend service from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Binghamton, and Ithaca, arriving at the I-476 Allentown Service Plaza near Wescosville.
- From the east/west, use Route 22 to Route 145 N./MacArthur Rd.
- From the north/south, use Route 145.
- From the north/south, use Route 33 south to Route 22 West to Route 145 N./MacArthur Rd.
- From the north/south, use Interstate 476 (Northeast Extension of the PA Turnpike) to Route 22 East to Route 145 N./MacArthur Rd.
If you don't have a car of your own, the easiest way to get around is by LANta bus.
- 1 [formerly dead link] George Taylor House, 35 S Front St, Catasauqua. George Taylor, signer of the Declaration of Independence built this Georgian Style House in 1768. It is one of the last remaining homes of the original signers. The Taylor House was restored under the direction of John K. Heyl in 1966-1968 and is now open to visitors as an historic house exhibit.
[[File:Dorney Park Steel Force Thunderhawk.jpg|thumb|upright=1.3|Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom's Steel Force and Thunderhawk roller coasters in neighboring Allentown. Steel Force is the eighth tallest steel roller coaster in the world with a first drop of 205 feet (62 m) and a top speed of 75 miles per hour (121 km/h). Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is located at 4000 Dorney Park Rd. in Allentown. Whitehall is primarily a shopping and dining town, centered around MacArthur Road. However, there are a few "hidden" things to do:
- There's the Ironton Rail Trail for hiking, biking, jogging. Connected to the Ironton Rail Trail is the Whitehall Parkway, over 100 acres to fish, hike, watch birds and even see some historical buildings.
- [dead link] Roller skating. At Skateaway/Whitehall Family Skating Center just off MacArthur Rd on Lehigh St
- Ice skating. At The Rink/Lehigh Valley Ice Arena
- [dead link] Bowling. At Jordan Lanes
- There's Wisecrackers Comedy Club[dead link] at the Ramada hotel but must be 21 to enter
- 1 Lehigh Valley Mall, 250 Lehigh Valley Mall (Route 145 N./MacArthur Road exit off Route 22), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. Anchored by JCPenney, Macy's and Boscov's and includes over 140 stores. Indoor and outdoor shopping. Outdoor stores include Coach, Barnes & Noble, and Apple Store.
- While the Lehigh Valley Mall is the main mall in Whitehall, next door is the Whitehall Mall[dead link], which is anchored by a Sears and Kohls. There's also a Bed, Bath & Beyond, Michael's Arts & Crafts and a few others in a small strip just outside the Whitehall Mall.
- Moving north on MacArthur Road, you'll find another shopping center on the left side, Whitehall Square, which has a Redner's Supermarket, Petsmart, Staples and some more clothing and furniture stores.
- Continuing north, on the right will be a shopping center anchored by a Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, and Dick's Sporting Goods.
- On the left will be MacArthur Towne Centre with a Lowe's. Further up north, there is a Weis Markets, which is not in a shopping center.
- Aside from the stores mentioned, there are small shops of all shapes and sizes selling everything from mattresses to pet supplies to cars up and down MacArthur Road. The best way to see what's there is to drive the main drag.
- Dunderbak's, 121 Lehigh Valley Mall (inside the Lehigh Valley Mall), ☏ . Where every day is Oktoberfest.
- [dead link] Spice India, 2407 Mickley Ave, ☏ . Indian cuisine. Lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch available. BYOB. Outdoor seating available.
Due to the abundance of shopping, restaurants line the main drag of Whitehall, MacArthur Road, and shopping centers. Dining options include:
- Fast food chains including Burger King, KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Chuck E. Cheese's, Chick-fil-A, McDonald's, and the only White Castle location in Pennsylvania
- Other national chain restaurants including Perkins, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, Friendly's, Panera Bread, Longhorn Steakhouse, Old Country Buffet
- Still more restaurants include City View Diner, Bonefish Grill, Bravo! (italian), Whitehall Diner
- [dead link] Ramada, 1500 MacArthur Rd (Route 145 North/MacArthur Road exit off Route 22), ☏ . Newly renovated. Across from the Lehigh Valley Mall. Restaurant and comedy club onsite.
Check out the listings on the Allentown page for many additional hotel options.
- Discover Lehigh Valley, 1250 Simon Blvd., Easton, ☏
In Whitehall Township, like all Lehigh Valley locations, you must dial an area code when you place a call. Area codes in the Lehigh Valley are 610 and 484.
Other Lehigh Valley locations
- Allentown, 4.4 miles (7.1 km)
- Bangor, 26 miles (42 km)
- Bethlehem, 10.7 miles (17.2 km)
- Easton, 18.2 miles (29.3 km)
- Emmaus, 9.3 miles (15.0 km)
- Fogelsville, 11.3 miles (18.2 km)
- Hellertown, 14.7 miles (23.7 km)
- Nazareth, 16.2 miles (26.1 km)
- Phillipsburg, NJ, 20.3 miles (32.7 km)
- Slatington, 12.3 miles (19.8 km)
Regional cities and locations
- Atlantic City, 126.1 miles (202.9 km)
- Harrisburg, 83.9 miles (135.0 km)
- New York City, 93.7 miles (150.8 km)
- Philadelphia, 64.1 miles (103.2 km)
- The Poconos, 54.9 miles (88.4 km)