North America > United States of America > Texas > Texas Panhandle > Northern Edwards Plateau > Big SpringJump to navigation Jump to search
- I-20 passes through the city, connecting Abilene and Dallas-Fort Worth in the east with Midland-Odessa and El Paso to the west.
- US 87 connects the city with Lubbock to the north and San Angelo and San Antonio to the south.
- Big Spring State Park.
- Hangar 25 Air Museum, 1911 Apron Dr, ☏ . Big Spring Bombadier School during WWII, and then later incorporated as part of Webb Air Force Base, the hangar now holds a museum which showcases military history in the area.
- Heritage Museum of Big Spring, 510 Scurry St, ☏ . History museum focusing on early pioneer life, railroad history, and oil production in the area.
- Potton House, 200 N Gregg St, ☏ . Restored Victorian home built in 1901 which showcases turn of the century home furnishings.
- Aunt Bea's Antiques, 1711 N FM 700, ☏ .
- Ward's Boot Saddle & Western, 1109 Gregg St, ☏ .
- La Posada Restaurant, 206 NW 4th St, ☏ .
- Spanish Inn Restaurant, 200 NW 3rd St, ☏ .
- Brenda's, 3rd St. Burgers, chicken fried steak, all-u-can-eat fried shrimp and catfish on Fridays, BBQ and more. Very reasonable.
- Big John's BBQ, 3rd St. Little hole in the wall BBQ place. Been around forever and is very good!
- J & R Sports Bar, 1310 W 4th St, ☏ .
- Tonys Bar, 800 W 4th St, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn, 2900 E. I-20, ☏ .
- 1 Days Inn, 2701 S. Gregg St, ☏ .
- 2 Hotel Settles, 200 E 3rd St, ☏ . A historical Arc Deco hotel first opened in 1930.
- Motel 6, 600 W Interstate 20, ☏ .
- Lake Moss Creek, about 10 miles south of town. Fishing, birding, swimming, and boating spot. Camping available.
|Routes through Big Spring|
|Midland ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Sweetwater → Abilene|
|Lubbock ← Lamesa ←||NW SE||→ Sterling City → San Angelo|
|END ←||S N||→ Snyder → Ends at|