|Climate chart (explanation)|
Take the A380 from the M5 and Exeter into Torbay, which becomes the A3022 into the centre of Brixham. There is limited on street parking, but ample space in two large long-stay car parks.
Stagecoach 12 – Newton Abbot, Torquay, Paignton and Brixham.
The Western Lady Ferry runs up to every 30 minutes from Torquay in the summer, the Brixham Express [dead link] ferry runs hourly from Torquay all year, and Paignton Pleasure Cruises run from Paignton Harbour during the summer.
- 1 Brixham Breakwater. A half-mile long pier, from which one can walk all the way to the lighthouse or do a spot of fishing.
- 2 Brixham Heritage Museum, Bolton Cross, TQ5 8LZ, ☏ . Tu-Th 10AM-4PM; F 10AM-3:30PM; Sa 10AM-1PM; M & Su closed. Museum showcasing the town's history from Napoleon and the Battle of Waterloo, to the Victorian era to both World Wars. There's also archaeological displays. Free.
- 3 Golden Hind Museum Ship, The Quay, TQ5 8AW, ☏ . A replica of Sir Francis Drake's own ship The Golden Hind that has been moored at the town since its creation in 1988. Adult: £7, Child/Senior: £5, Family (2+2, 1+3): £18.
- 4 Colton Fishacre, Brownstone Rd, Kingswear, TQ6 0EQ, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A country retreat built for Rupert D'Oyly Carte and his wife, Lady Dorothy Carte, between 1923 and 1926. It was designed during the Arts and Crafts movement. The house and gardens are open to the public.
- 5 Greenway, Greenway Road, Galmpton, TQ5 0ES, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Greenway is one of many properties owned by world-renowned mystery writer Agatha Christie. The National Trust have painstakingly created an atmosphere that allows visitors to get a glimpse into what she would have done in the summer.
- 1 Brixham RFC (Brixham Rugby Football Club or The Fisherman), Astley Park, Rea Barn Rd, TQ5 9ED, ☏ .
- 2 Brixham Theatre (Brixham Arts and Theatre Society), New Rd, TQ5 8TA, ☏ . The town's theatre. Might be closed down on May 1, 2018 due to the lease being handed to the town council.
- 3 Pirate Days, TQ5 8AJ. There are regular pirate days, and a pirate festival (5-8t May 2018) in the town.
- 4 Shoalstone Pool, Berry Head Rd, TQ5 9FT. 10:00am-6:00pm. A lido with a 53-metre square sea water swimming pool. Open from May to September. Free.
- 5 South West Coast Path, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The longest national trail in England passes through the centre of Brixham.
- 6 Berry Head. Conservation area and nature reserve with spectacular views and plenty of sights to see.
Brixham is known throughout the UK for its fishing. The town has several fish markets that can also be toured providing you arrive early enough.
Brixham is renowned for its seafood.
- 1 The Guardhouse Cafe, Berry Head, TQ5 9AW, ☏ . Part of Berry Head. A former Napoleonic guard house.
- 2 Breakwater Bistro, Berry Head Rd, TQ5 9AF, ☏ . M-F 10AM-4PM, Sa 9AM-9PM, Su 9AM-4PM. Has a good view of seafront and a good evening menu selection on Saturdays. Booking is recommended, even in the winter.
- 3 Rockfish, New Fish Quay, TQ5 8AJ, ☏ . noon-9:30PM.
- 1 The Blue Anchor, 83 Fore St, TQ5 8AH, ☏ . Live music and local ales.
- 2 The Vigilance, 5 Bolton St, TQ5 9DE, ☏ . Wetherspoons pub.
- 1 Manor Inn, 2 Stoke Gabriel Rd, Galmpton, TQ5 0NL, ☏ . From £49 (includes breakfast).
- 2 Churston Manor Hotel (Churston Court Inn), Church Rd, Churston Ferrers, TQ5 0JE. From £60 (includes breakfast).
- 3 Berry Head Hotel, Berry Head Rd, TQ5 9AJ, ☏ . 3-star hotel overlooking Berry Head, it was former Napoleonic military hospital. From £99 (includes breakfast).