Paignton is a seaside town in Devon in the Torbay area, the "English Riviera." The town, which has a history as a fishing village but is also on the railway line, is home to the well-known Paignton Zoo.
Stagecoach 12 – Newton Abbot, Torquay, Paignton and Brixham.
1 Paignton station is on the terminus of the Riviera Line serving Exeter, Starcross, Dawlish, Teignmouth, Newton Abbot, Torre, Torquay and Paignton. It is also the terminus of the Manchester Piccadilly line to Paignton.
- 1 Paignton Zoo, Totnes Road, TQ4 7EU, ☏ .
- 2 Kirkham House, Kirkham Street, TQ3 3AX. Jul-Sep: Su 2PM-5PM. Free.
- 3 Greenway, Greenway Road, Galmpton, TQ5 0ES, ☏ , email@example.com. Greenway is one of many properties owned by world-renowned mystery writer Agatha Christie. The National Trust have painstaking created an atmosphere that allows visitors to get a glimpse into what she would have done in the summer.
- 1 Paignton Pier, Paignton Sands, TQ4 6BW, ☏ . A pleasure pier with various attractions including amusement rides, arcade machines and a cafe.
- 2 Palace Theatre, Palace Ave, TQ3 3HF, ☏ . The oldest working theatre in Torbay.
- 3 Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway, Queens Park Station, Torbay Rd, TQ4 6AF, ☏ .
- 4 Splashdown Quaywest Waterpark, Goodrington Sands, Tanners Rd, TQ4 6LN, ☏ .
- 5 Paignton Beach.
- 6 Fairy Cove Beach.
- 7 Goodrington Sands, Tanners Road, Goodrington, TQ4 6LN. A major attraction in the area, capable of supporting a very large number of visitors. This mainly sandy beach with clean, calm waters has earned the prestigious Blue Flag Award, and lifeguard patrols in the summer months make for safe swimming conditions.
As Paignton is a seaside town, you can expect the usual takeaway establishments mainly fish & chip shops, Chinese & Cantonese & Indian cuisines.
- 1 The Shoreline, Eastern Esplanade, TQ4 6AG, ☏ . Has great seaviews of Torbay.
- 2 The Harbour Light, North Quay, The Harbour, TQ4 6DU, ☏ .
- 1 Inn on the Green, Esplanade Rd, TQ4 6BG, ☏ , InnOnTheGreen.Paignton@marstons.co.uk. A pub that offers great drinking atmosphere for the older and more mature people and also offers great views on the sea. Easy access as well.
- 2 The Inn on the Quay, Tanners Rd, TQ4 6LP, ☏ . A typical family pub which is owned by Brewers Fayre. This pub offers a fun house for the kids which should in time keep them quiet but also, the pub is right near the beach and also has an arcade and also a large outdoor water slide, so much for the kids to do. Worth a try!
- 3 The Talk of the Town, 46–52 Torbay Rd, TQ4 6AL, ☏ . 7AM-midnight. Wetherspoons pub.
- 4 The Isaac Merritt, 54–58 Torquay Rd, TQ3 3AA, ☏ . 8AM-midnight. Wetherspoons pub named after Isaac Merritt Singer, a sewing entrepreneur who retired to Oldway Mansion near the town.
- 1 The Ratcliffe, 4 Garfield Rd, TQ4 6AU (situated in the heart of Paignton), ☏ , . A distinctive, late Victorian B&B, the Ratcliffe Guest House is run by Kevin and Anna Hunt. They offer a varied and balanced menu for breakfast using home-cooked locally sourced produce. Rooms From £44 per night including breakfast weekly rates and special offers available.
- 2 Premier Inn, Tanners Rd, Goodrington Sands, TQ4 6LP, ☏ . From £34 per night.
- Exeter – City known for its cathedral and university, also the county town of Devon.
- Torquay – A town with 9 beaches and home of novelist Agatha Christie.
- Brixham – A small fishing town.
|Routes through Paignton|
|merges with and ←||N S||→ Brixham|
|Exeter ← Torquay ←||N S||→ merges with the|
|merges with ← Totnes ←||W E||→ merges with the|