Caribou is the most northeastern city in the United States and located just 10 minutes from the Canadian border. The community was incorporated in 1859. The community has a rich agricultural history and is known for some of the finest snowmobiling in the Northeast.
Caribou is 1 hour north of Houlton on U.S Route 1. Travel times are approximately 3 hours north of Bangor, Maine, and 5 hours north of Portland, Maine. The community is 4 hours east of Quebec City and 2 hours north of Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Caribou Performing Arts Center, 308 Sweden St, ☎ . Host local and national theater and live music. A hub of community and regional activities.
- The Nylander Museum, 393 Main St, ☎ . Natural history museum.
- Goughan's Berry Farm. Fresh pick your own berries, pumpkins and Christmas trees.
- Caribou High School City facility. Featuring lit Nordic ski trails.
- Caribou Recreation Center. With indoor elevated walking track
- Caribou Country Club. Public 9-hole golf course and excellent Nordic ski trials.
- Aroostook river. Trout and salmon fishing and kayaking, minutes from city center.
- Caribou Historical Society. Museum just south of Caribou features many artifacts from early life in Caribou.
- Swedish Colony. Just 10 minutes from Caribou.
- Old Washburn Road. Edged in Stone Perennial Gardens and walking paths.
- Monica's Scandavian Gift Shop. Sweden Street Caribou-Swedish gift shop.
- Sleeper's, Rt. #1. Caribou grocery and clothing store with name brand clothing and footwear for men/ladies and youth.
- Expect More Dollar Store, Bennett Drive.
- Phil's Florist, Greenhouse and Antiques, Washburn Road.
- Burger Boy, Sweden Street. Open summers, burgers & ice cream.
- Cindy's Sub Shop, Sweden Street. Homemade subs and sandwiches.
- Sleeper's, Rt #1, ☎ . Offering cooked lobster and homemade rolls & salads.
- Par & Grill, Bennett Drive. Indoor golf and restaurant.
- Frederick's Southside, South Main Street.
- Jade Palace Chinese (Skyway Plaza).
- Napoli's Italian Restaurant (Downtown Caribou across from S.W. Colins).
- Farms Bakery and Coffee Shop. Freshly baked pastries
- Reno's Pizza, Sweden Street.
- Greenhouse Restaurant (at Caribou Inn and Convention Center).
- Sports Inn, Bennett Drive. Bar & grill
- Jeff's family restaurant, South Main Street.
- Big Cheese Pizza, South Main Street.
- Far East Kitchen, Bennett Drive. Korean cuisine
- Far e.
- Caribou Inn and Convention Center, 19 Main St, toll-free: , fax: .
|Routes through Caribou|
|Fort Kent ← Grand Isle ←||N S||→ Presque Isle → Houlton|