Chickasaw Country is in the south-central part of the state of Oklahoma.
- 1 Ada
- 2 Ardmore
- 3 Atoka
- 4 Davis
- 5 Sulphur
- 6 Durant - home to Choctaw Casino
- 7 Pauls Valley
- 8 Tishomingo - home of Blake Shelton
- 9 Thackerville - home to Winstar World Casino and Resort
- 10 Wynnewood
This region of Oklahoma is also home to the government of the Chickasaw Nation. After the Trail of Tears, the Choctaw Tribe was given the entire south-central and south-eastern region of Oklahoma. The Chickasaw Nation was assigned to live in the lands within the Choctaw Nation, but a treaty in 1854 gave the Chickasaws the full south-central region of Oklahoma. As a result, the Chickasaw Nation, headquartered in Ada, Oklahoma, has a large influence in the region.
Interstate 35 runs through the heart of Chickasaw Country in Oklahoma.
Ardmore is served by Amtrak's Heartland Flyer route.
- Gene Autry Oklahoma Museum, ☎ . Gene Autry 12 mi. north of Ardmore. Museum with a collection of memorabilia from Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Rex Allen, Tex Ritter, Jimmy Wakely, Eddie Dean, and others. This Museum centers around the Western movies of the 1930s and 1940s.
- Confederate Memorial Museum. North edge of Atoka on US-69. A look at southern and southeast Oklahoma. Choctaw Trail of Tears, Butterfield Stage Line and Reba McEntire. There is a picnic area on the grounds.
- G.W. Exotic Animal Park. Located west of Wynnewood. This is a 16-acre park and has exotic animals such as tigers, lions, bears, reptiles and monkeys. It is also a refuge for many species.
- Chickasaw Cultural Center.
Throughout south-central Oklahoma, there are many casinos owned and operated by the Chickasaw Nation. The largest casino in the United States, WinStar World Casino and Resort, is in Thackerville, Oklahoma on the border of Oklahoma and Texas.
This region has a variety of overnight options. Camping grounds and RV parks are found all over the region, as well as a few high-end boutique hotels that are very well-known in the area.
Both Oklahoma and Chickasaw (Lighthorse) law enforcement have jurisdiction in this part of the state.