Drive east on the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1) from Vancouver for about 100km until you get to the city center. You will see the "London Drugs" and "Cottonwood Mall" sign before Exit 119.
Chilliwack is one of Greyhound's major depots, and virtually every bus running past it East, West or North will stop there.
Chilliwack has an airport popular with recreational pilots, but no scheduled commercial flights. Closest commercial airports are Abbotsford (YXX), Bellingham Washington (BLI), and Vancouver (YVR)
There are two main roads in Chilliwack, and they're actually just one road with two different names. From the highway at Exit 119, running South it's called Vedder Road all the way to Yarrow, and running North it's called Yale Road.
Go North on Yale Road, you'll find old downtown, with a variety of restaurants, quaint shops, and some nice parks.
Go South on Vedder Road, and you'll pass through the commercial centre of the city, but soon enough you'll be through the city and into the suburbs, where you can find Vedder Crossing, the Vedder River, Cultus Lake, Yarrow, and the Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park. Chilliwack Transit covers the main parts of Chilliwack with barely used buses. Transit is centered on Cottonwood Mall.
- Cultus Lake Park. Try in the summer for a refreshing dip or stay in one of the lakefront campgrounds. Weekends tend to be overcrowded. About 10km south of Chilliwack.
- [dead link]St. Urban Winery tasting and tours, 47189 Bailey Road, ☎ . Wed-Sat 12-18h, Sun 13-17h. The vintner, who grew up in Czechoslovakia, works in the European style. Vineyard and winery tours available.
- [dead link]Cultus Lake Waterpark, 4150 Columbia Valley Way (From Vancouver, get off the Highway at Yarrow/No 3 Road, and follow the signs to Cultus Lake. It will be on your left hand side, a little ways down Columbia Valley Road.), ☎ . 10-6. A fun summer attraction for kids and adults, and a nice way to pass a very hot day. Twilight rates are available, and while it's not the sort of place you need to go often, it's a good a one-day outing from much of the Lower Mainland, especially with kids. Best bets are late June and early July, or rainy days, as it can often be very busy. Full Pass: $22.86.
- Hike! There are lots of nice trails in and around Chilliwack. A good place to start is the Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/chilliwack_lk/) where you can find several trails that are easy to get to by road and of varying lengths.
- Fishing is popular on the Vedder River. Make sure you're in season and that if you need a license you obtain one. Licenses can usually be obtained at bait shops, and some other places too.
- Chilliwack Museum.
- Royal Hotel's Royal Cafe, 45886 Wellington Avenue, toll-free: , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Royal Hotel. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Menu on the web site.
- J Beethoven's Pizza, 4125 Columbia Valley, ☎ . Fantastic pizzeria in the Cultus Lake area. It's pretty well-priced, pizzas are enormous and delicious, and service is really friendly. Probably the best place for pizza in Chilliwack.
- [dead link]Evangeline's Barbeque and Contemporary Soulfood, 9381 Mill Street, ☎ . Chilliwack's newest restaurant, serving up Creole/Acadian-influenced soul food. Beautiful room, great service, and exceptional food. Located in historic downtown Chilliwack on Mill Street.
- Boston Pizza, 45305 Luckakuck Way (By Cottonwood Mall), ☎ . The Chilliwack location of a large chain of restaurants, Boston Pizza has good food at decent prices.
- Bozzini's Restaurant, 45739 Hocking Ave (corner Hocking & Yale), ☎ . 11 am till late. Chilliwack's best casual dining. Open for lunch & dinner. $.
- Manderian Garden Chinese Buffet, lunch, dinner, large selection and very popular. On Luckakuck Way, next to the Freeway and west of Cottonwood Mall.
- Bozzinis, 45739 Hocking Ave. (corner of Yale & Hocking), ☎ . 11:00 - late. Chilliwack's best casual dining open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner, & late night snacks $.
- Best Western Rainbow Country Inn, 43971 Industrial Way, ☎ .
- 1 Riverbend Guest House B&B and Cabin (Riverbend B&B Guest House), 50691 O'Byrne Road (10 km up Chilliwack Lake Road, turn left onto Slesse, Right onto O'Byrne), ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. Located in scenic Chilliwack River Valley, this is the perfect place to stay in Chilliwack BC if you want to be near fishing, kayaking, rafting, sight-seeing, and hiking. Scenic beauty combined with ideal location, as well as friendly hosts, means you will enjoy your stay in Chilliwack. Book your guided fishing adventure on the Fraser River. Less than a 5 minute walk to the Chilliwack River. 95.
|Routes through Chilliwack|
|Vancouver ← Abbotsford ←||W E||→ Hope → Edmonton|
|Vancouver ← Abbotsford ←||W E||→ Hope → Kamloops|
|Harrison Hot Springs ← Kent ←||N S||→ END|