Florida Gold Coast is a region along the Atlantic coast of southern Florida in the United States of America. It consists of Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. Miami Beach has been one of America's pre-eminent beach resorts for almost a century. Miami is undergoing a massive building boom, and in 2008 its skyline ranked third in the U.S. behind New York City and Chicago. The Miami area has over 80 highrise towers under construction, such as the Biscayne Wall in Downtown Miami, and a row of skyscrapers being built along the west side of Biscayne Boulevard. In 2008, Miami had the five tallest skyscrapers in the state of Florida with the tallest being the Four Seasons Hotel & Tower.
Because it is sandwiched in by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Everglades to the west, the Florida Gold Coast is a lengthy 110 mi (180 km) north to south, but never more than 20 mi (32 km) east to west. Miami is 20 miles from Fort Lauderdale, 106 miles from Naples and 156 miles from Key West.
- 1 Boca Raton
- 2 Davie
- 3 Delray Beach
- 4 Hollywood
- 5 Fort Lauderdale
- 6 Miami
- 7 Miami Beach
- 8 Plantation
- 9 West Palm Beach
The Gold Coast is considered the area between Palm Beach and Miami so any airports and bus stops between these cities can be used for entrance.
The area is served both by a new higher speed line (the private Brightline) and a slower commuter rail line with more stops (Tri-Rail). Some destinations are more convenient by different lines; for example, the Brightline serves Miami's downtown areas better while Tri-Rail is better to go to Miami International Airport as well as smaller communities.
- 1 Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, 1200 South Crandon Boulevard, Key Biscayne, ☏ .
- 2 Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, 3109 East Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, ☏ .
- 3 John D. MacArthur Beach State Park, 10900 Jack Nicklaus Drive, North Palm Beach, ☏ .
- 4 John U. Lloyd Beach State Park, 6503 North Ocean Drive, Dania Beach, ☏ .
- 5 Oleta River State Park, 3400 NE 163rd Street, North Miami Beach, ☏ . 8AM to sundown. $6.
- 6 The Barnacle Historic State Park, 3485 Main Highway, Miami, ☏ .