Grantown on Spey is in the Scottish Highlands.
The nearest mainline station is at Aviemore. The preserved Strathspey Railway run trains from Aviemore to Broomhill which is about four miles from Grantown. There are plans for the railway to be extended into Grantown.
- Cairngorms National Park
- 1 Grantown Muesum, Burnfield Avenue, PH26 3HH, ☏ . Apr – Oct Mon– Fri 10am – 4pm + some Sats. Tells the history of Grantown on Spey from 1765, including 19th century visit by Queen Victoria. £2.50.
- Grantown on Spey Golf Club, Golf Course Road, PH26 3HY, ☏ , fax: . An 18 hole golf course within the Cairngorms National Park.
- Skiing & Snowboarding on Cairngorm Mountain: the mountain resort went bankrupt in 2018/19 and the access funicular is no longer running. It's not known whether it will restart for winter 2019 / 20.
- Anagach Wood Trails. All day. A selection of walking trails for different abilities through a wonderful pine forest. Trails are marked and can take between 1-3 hours to complete. Enjoy a stroll in this stunning woodland and look out for red squirrels, capercaillie, deer and many other creatures. Free.
- 1 Strathspey Railway Company, Broomhill station. A preserved railway, with steam and diesel locomotives.
- 2 Craggan Outdoors, Craggan Golf Course, Grantown-on-Spey, Near Aviemore, Moray PH26 3NT (On A95 1 mile south of Grantown-on-Spey), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Craggan Outdoors is an award-winning outdoor activity centre with bunkhouse accommodation & café venue, located on beautiful Speyside in the Cairngorms National Park at the heart of Scottish Highlands. Offering one of the widest ranges of activities available in the area, from archery to zip wire, there's something for everybody from age 6 years & up. Varies according to activity.
- The Craft Lounge, 60 High Street, PH26 3EH, ☏ . 9am-5pm. A beautiful shop offering a variety of artwork, jewellery, photography and ceramics.
- Imray's Jewellers, 27 High Street, ☏ . 9am - 5pm. Offering some beautiful pieces, from earrings to engraved crystal whisky glasses. Friendly staff will guide you through their collection of jewellery to help you find the perfect gift or memento.
- Ewe and Me, 82-84 High Street, ☏ . 9am-5pm. A selection of wonderful gifts and trinkets. Ewe and me showcases some beautiful objects to buy and take home.
- The Wishing Well and Post Office, 17 High Street, ☏ . 9am-5pm. Offering cards and gifts for all occasions, this wonderful family run business offers a friendly service and is also the local post office too.
- The Kilt Shop, 85 High Street, PH26 3EW, ☏ . 9am - 5pm. Offering kilts, scarves, pins, shoes and sporrans. You can also get a kilt made to measure with your family tartan. Friendly and welcoming shop.
- Smarty Art, 39 High Street, PH26 3HB, ☏ . Decorate your own piece of ceramics at this wonderfully fun shop. Drop in for a visit!
- The Flower Box, 23 High Street, PH26 3EG, ☏ . 9am-5pm. Offering hand tied flowers, potted plants, wreaths or just pick up some ready to buy blooms from this bright and bloom filled florist.
- The Bookmark, 34 High Street, PH26 3EH, ☏ . 9am-5pm. The friendly and helpful owner at this treasure trove of a bookshop will help you find the perfect reading material. Whether you are looking for guide books, fiction, non-fiction of just something to give as a gift then this is the place for you.
- The High Street Merchants, 74-76 High Street, PH26 3EL, ☏ . Tue-Sat 10:00-17:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00, Mon closed. A lovely gallery and coffee shop offering a glimpse of some wonderful local artists' work. You can also find some lovely trinkets made in Scotland and enjoy a cup of coffee and a light bite in the afternoons.
- Grantown Dairy. 9am-5pm. This family run shop offers fresh fruit and vegetables grown locally. Pick up a punnet of Scottish raspberries to take on your long walk, you can also buy drinks, milk, jams and cheeses here too.
- Grantown Antiques, 66 High Street, ☏ . 9am-5pm. Offering a wonderful collection of antiques from the area. Have a look through this shop filled to the brim with antique trinkets. From larger pieces of furniture to smaller items, including some lovely jewellery.
- Cairngorms Farmers Market, The Square. Roughly once every month from 10:00 to 16:00.
- 1 The Garth, Castle Road, PH26 3HN, ☏ . Classic Scottish food in a warm and welcoming atmosphere, enjoy a couple of drinks in the bar before being seated for dinner.
- 2 The Craig Bar, Woodside Avenue, PH26 3JN, ☏ . A fun and friendly local bar that serves the most delicious pies, perfect after a long day out and about. Enjoy some cracking hospitality from the owners, sit in front of the fire and have a few drams too.
- The Wee Puffin, 15 High Street, ☏ . This small family run restaurant offers simple home cooking and a vast array of Scottish beers. Enjoy fish and chips, curries, home-style soups, etc. Simple, friendly and welcoming.
- No7 Bistro, 7 The Square, PH26 3HG, ☏ . Tue-Sat 10:00-21:00, Sun 10:00-16:00, Mon closed. A simple menu and friendly owners. Look out for the seafood specials and the house curry too.
- 1 Craiglynne Hotel, Woodlands Terrace, PH26 3JX, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A Crerar Hotel built from granite and situated in its own grounds with restaurant, bar and putting green.
- 2 Grant Arms Hotel, 25 The Square, ☏ . 50 room hotel in the centre of town. Queen Victoria slept here in 1860. Has bar and restaurant (2 course dinner £25). Rooms from £50.
- 3 Strathallan Guest House, Grant Road, PH26 3LD, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 4-7pm, check-out: 10am. Victorian Villa, offers accommodation. Five individually designed en-suite bedrooms, with facilities including coffee machine, mini fridge and free wi-fi. No children under 13. £80.
- 4 Culdearn House, Woodlands Terrace, Grantown on Spey, Morayshire, PH26 3JU, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 3pm, check-out: 10.30am. Small family-owned house hotel. Recommended in Michelin Guide, Britain's Finest, and winner of a Good Hotel Guide Editors Choice award as a fishing hotel. Awarded 4 Star Small Hotel status by the Scottish Tourist Board. £90 - £150.