North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Cape Cod > Lower Cape > Harwich (Massachusetts)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Route 6 to Exit 10, right on Route 124.
- Freedom Cruise Line, Inc., 702 Main St., Harwich Port, +1 508-432-8999. Ferry service to Nantucket.
- Bike the Cape Cod Rail Trail. This 22 mile bike trail follows an old railroad bed through several towns. Check their website or call them to check for closures.
- Bank Street Beach, Bank St (on Nantucket Sound near Harwichport center; at the end of Bank Street). This beach is typically busy in the summer season, and with its warmer waters is a great location for swimming, lounging, and for the kids to chase and catch hermit crabs.
- Pleasant Bay Beach (Off Route 28). Calm water beach with sandbars. Popular with clammers. Open to non-residents.
- Bradford Trust Fine Arts, 66 Miles Rd, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Brooks Academy Museum, 80 Parallel St, ☏ . Seasonal.
- Bell's Neck Conservation Area, Bell's Neck Road (off Depot Road). Almost 250 acres of conservation land, featuring a herring run.
- Bud's Go-Karts, 9 Sisson Rd, ☏ . Kids can ride Go-Karts and hit the ball in the batting cages for about $6 a person. To ride your own Go-Kart you need to be at least 8 years of age and to ride with someone you need to be at least 16 years of age. Adults can ride with children that are younger than 8 for the same price of $6.
- Harwich Junior Theater (Cape Cod Theatre Company), 105 Division Street, ☏ .
Main Street (Route 28), Harwich Port has a string of interesting shops.
- Harwich Antique Center, 10 Route 28 (Main Street) (Just over the Harwich/Dennis line), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM. Harwich Antique Center is a large group shop featuring antique, primitive and vintage furniture, jewelry, coins, paper items, books, military, trains, art glass, fine china, advertising, musical items and memorabilia, nautical, etc. From $1 to high end items. There are weekly free events on everything from furniture restoration workshops to free appraisals to animal rescue benefit days.
- Lighthouse Cafe, 216 Main St, ☏ . Breakfast, cash only
- Sundae School Ice Cream, 606 Route 28, ☏ . Home made small batch premium quality ice cream. Serves sundaes, ice cream cones, frappes, and giant banana splits. Very customer friendly and many flavor options to pick from.
- Georges Pizza House, 564 Massachusetts 28, ☏ . Offers a huge selection of grinders and pizzas, calzones, and salads.
- Four Hundred Club, 429 Main St (Harwich Port), ☏ . $12-$21.
- Mooncussers Tavern, 86 Sisson Rd, ☏ . Mainly focused on the food, but also has 5 rooms to let.
- Jake Rooney's, 119 Brooks Rd, ☏ . Tavern with great food.
- [dead link] L'Alouette, 787 Main St, ☏ . French. ~$20.
- Brax Landing Restaurant, 705 Route 28, ☏ . Seafood with harbor views
- [dead link] Buca's Tuscan Roadhouse, 4 Depot Rd, ☏ . Italian cuisine, Chianti. $$.
- Cape Sea Grille, 31 Sea St (Harwich Port), ☏ . One of the more innovative choices.
- The Port, 541 Main St, ☏ . Make your reservation now.
- Cape Cod Claddagh, 77 Main St (West Harwich), ☏ . Irish pub
- Cape Cod’s Irish Pub., 126 Main St (Route 28), ☏ . Open daily 6PM-1AM July–August, weekends May – September. Live music Fri and Sat nights (in season), including karaoke. Check their website for the entertainment schedule. Great atmosphere and normally frequented by younger adults (college age and above). Good place to meet people.
- A Beach Breeze Inn, 169 Route 28, ☏ . $119-$139 in season.
- Alyce's Dunscroft By The Sea, 24 Pilgrim Rd (Harwich Port), ☏ . Bed and breakfast inn with private two mile beach.
- Barnaby Inn, 36 Route 28, ☏ . Rooms and cottage. Breakfast delivered to your room.
- Tern Inn and Cottages, 91 Chase St. West (Harwich), ☏ .
- Commodore Inn by the Sea, 30 Earle Rd, ☏ . 27 rooms.
- Handkerchief Shoals Inn, 888 Route 28, South Harwich, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. This unpretentious roadside hotel is 6 miles from the 19th-century Chatham Light lighthouse and 9 miles from biking and hiking at Nickerson State Park. The conservatively decorated rooms come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers, as well as microwaves and minifridges. Kids age 12 and under stay at no charge. Complimentary amenities include parking and breakfast (seasonal). There's also an outdoor pool.
- Harbor Breeze Inn, 326 Lower County Rd, ☏ . Bed & Breakfast. Rooms and suites. Nice gardens, walk to beach.
- Inn on the Beach, 16 Bank St (Harwich Port), ☏ . Beachfront on Bank Street Beach.
- Seadar Inn By The Sea, 1 Braddock Ln, ☏ . Rooms and suites. Early American motif. Oceanfront.
- The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, 186 Belmont Rd (take route 6 to exit 9), ☏ . Bed and Breakfast with eight rooms and a large swimming pool. This historic inn is a renovated sea captain's home, a short stroll from the beach.
- Winstead Inn & Beach Resort, 116 Parallel Street (Harwich Port), ☏ . Nice location on the beach and near village. Concierge. $265-$445 in season.
Explore other Cape Cod towns.
|Routes through Harwich|
|New Bedford ← Dennis ←||W E||→ Orleans → Provincetown|
|Wareham ← Dennis ←||W E||→ Chatham → Eastham|