Jump to navigation Jump to search
Highway access is by Route 6 from the Cape Cod Canal in Bourne which is about 55 minutes away.
- From Boston take I-93 south to Route 3 south to the Sagamore Bridge (Becomes Rt. 6). Exit onto Route 6A at Orlean's landmark rotary (or roundabout) on Route 6, approximately 55 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge and 1.75 hours from Boston.
- From Providence or points south take I-95 north to I-195 to Route 25 south to the Bourne Bridge (I-495 also becomes Route 25). At the rotary (traffic circle) on the Cape side, go almost all the way around and travel along the Canal to Route 6 east.
- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway, 17 Elm Av., Hyannis, +1 508-771-6191, .
- Nauset Beach, 250 Beach Rd, ☏ . A public beach with good surf. The children can play in the sand and ocean, as the adults relax under the sun. There is a fee to get on to the beach. This beach is equipped with changing rooms and bathrooms.
- Pilgrim Lake, Herring Brook Road. 43 acre lake owned by the Commonwealth. Offers a swimming beach, restroom facilities, and parking for ~20 cars. Town sticker required during the season.
- Skaket Beach, 200 Skaket Beach Rd. Amenities include a 175 car parking lot (fee charged in season), rest rooms, outside showers, lifeguards, handicapped accessibility, ramp, and snack bar.
- Addison Art Gallery, 43 South Orleans Rd, ☏ .
- Left Bank Gallery, 8 Cove Rd, ☏ . 10AM-5PM daily. There is another branch in Wellfleet.
- Tree's Place, Route 6A at Route 28, ☏ . 10AM-5:30PM Tu-Sa.
- 1 The French Cable Station Museum, 41 S Orleans Rd, ☏ . Early communications and the telegraph.
- 2 Meeting House Museum (Universalist Society Meetinghouse), 3 River Rd, ☏ . Owned and operated by the Orleans Historical Society.
- Orleans Bowling Center, 191 Route 6A, ☏ . Old school candlepin bowling, BBQ briskets and microbrews from around the Cape.
- Academy of Performing Arts (The Academy Playhouse), 120 Main St, ☏ (General Info), (Box Office).
- Blue Claw Boat Tours, 235 Main St, ☏ . Here the family can enjoy one of New England’s favorite attractions: seal Tours. Great for children, the informative seal cruise will take you from Orleans, all the way through Pleasant Bay to view seals as they swim and play in their natural habitat. Tours last about an hour and a half.
- Hot Chocolate Sparrow, 5 Old Colony Way, ☏ . Espresso bar, pastries, desserts.
- Homeport Restaurant, 55 Main St, ☏ . For breakfast, you can enjoy items such as their omelettes, eggs and egg dishes, pancakes or french toast. The restaurant also serves a wide selection of lunch dishes.
- Cooke's Seafood, 1 S Orleans Rd, ☏ . Casual restaurant. Great (and surprisingly light) fried clams and onion rings. Some of the best clam chowder on the Cape!
- Land Ho!, 38 Main St, ☏ . The Land Ho is a tavern-type restaurant that is open every day, serving appetizers, burgers and soups until midnight. Frequented by locals, the pub is known for its decorative Cape Cod flair. Try the sea clam pie. Live music some evenings.
- Barley Neck Inn, 5 Beach Rd, ☏ . Near Nauset Beach, also offers a few rooms for rent.
- The Old Jailhouse Tavern, 28 West Rd, ☏ . 11:30AM-1AM year round. Jailhouse theme to this old stone building.
- Saltwater Grille, 20 S. Orleans Rd, ☏ . The Saltwater Grille has an extremely diverse menu that will be great for the entire family. This local restaurant offers great drinks for the adults, as well as a wide selection of appetizers and meals. The restaurant also offers a huge selection of seafood, all brought to you fresh from local areas.
- The Yardarm, 48 S Orleans Rd, ☏ . A Cape tradition since 1972.
- Abba, 89 Old Colony Way, ☏ . Fine Dining. $20-$35.
- The Beacon Room, 23 West Rd, ☏ . Lunch 11:30AM-3PM Dinner daily 5PM-9:30PM. Some imaginative dishes here. Patio dining available when warm enough. $15-22.
- Mahoney's Atlantic Bar and Grill, 28 Main St, ☏ . Something a little special from the chef here.
- Nauset Beach Club, 222 Main St, ☏ . East Orleans. Gets many excellent reviews. a la carte entrees $22-$35.
- The Orleans Waterfront Inn, 3 Old County Rd (off Route 6A), ☏ , fax: . 11 rooms.
- The Governor Prence Inn, ☏ , toll-free: . 66 Route 6A. 56 rooms. Non-smoking.
- Skaket Beach Motel, 203 Cranberry Highway, ☏ , toll-free: .
- A little Inn on Pleasant Bay, 654 S. Orleans Rd (South Orleans), ☏ , toll-free: . 9 units.
- The Cove, 13 S. Orleans Rd, ☏ , fax: . 47 units, some kitchenttes and balconys overlooking the cove.
- Nauset Knoll Motor Lodge, 237 Beach Rd, ☏ . 12 units. Overlooks Nauset beach. Walk to beach.
|Routes through Orleans|
|New Bedford ← Harwich ←||W N||→ Eastham → Provincetown|
|Bourne ← Brewster ←||W E||→ Eastham → Ends at|
|Wareham ← Chatham ←||W E||→ Eastham → Ends at|