- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway, 17 Elm Ave, +1 508 771-6191, .
- Bonanza Bus, Phone: +1-888-751-8800, 
- Megabus, . Service from Providence and New York City.
- 1 Barnstable Municipal Airport (HYA IATA also known as Boardman/Polando Field).
- Cape Air, +1-800-352-0714, . Regional airline serving Hyannis, Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket with service also to the off cape cities of Boston, Providence (seasonal), and New Bedford.
- Nantucket Air (also known as ACK air), Nantucket Memorial Airport, +1-800-635-8787 or +1 508 228-6234, . Flies between Barnstable Municipal Airport in Hyannis and Nantucket.
The seasonal CapeFLYER (+1 508 775-8504) runs once-daily during Fridays to Sundays from Boston South Station, taking just over two hours. Usually, service is between Memorial Day (late May) and Labor Day (early September). Trains terminate at 2 Hyannis Transportation Center, in the corner of Main and Central St.
- Steamship Authority Ferries, 65 South St, +1 508 477-8600, . The only line that carries autos.
- Hy-Line Cruises, Ocean Street Dock, +1 508 778-2600, .
Believe it or not Cape Cod actually has a pretty decent public transportation system in the summer time. There are buses from Plymouth and Brockton that run from Boston to Provincetown and make stops at ( ). The fare is about 15 dollars each way from Boston to Hyannis, which is pretty reasonable. The busses run every hour or so.
Once on the cape there is another option. The Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority as few viable options. The H20 bus--goes from Hyannis to Orleans and traveling down Route 28. It takes about an hour and half from start to stop, but this is also doable. In Harwich you can catch the FLEX bus that takes you to Proviencetown.
The Sealine Bus route goes west bound from Hyannis, along Route 28, until you get to Woods Hole. (Where besides a few attractions is another point to catch a ferry to Woods Hole).
The Barnstable Villeger is a shuttle that goes around Hyannis. It is mainly used by locals. There is also something called the b-Bus which is for residents only (Year Round or Seasonal) but is basically a bus that will pick you up at your house or apartment--it is too complicated to explain here but you can visit the Cape Cod Regional Transit website.
The fare for all these buses is about 1-2 dollars each way.
- Town Taxi of Cape Cod, ☎ . 24 hours daily.
- Historic Beech Tree, 599 Main Street (See Twisted Tree/Beech Bar under the Eat section). The legends and lore surrounding this English Weeping Beech are almost as enormous as the tree itself. Supposedly gifted to Barnstable in 1776 by the local British Governor as a reward for loyalty to the Crown, the tree was instructed "to be planted in the center of commerce". Later that year, coincidentally, Barnstable was the only town on the Cape that did not vote for independence. Whether the vote was a result of that gift, or due to a vicious beating of local patriot James Otis, the world will never know. Either way, the tree is now at the base of a local watering hole, so kick back and have a drink in the shade of history!
- 1 John F. Kennedy Memorial, 480 Ocean St (Next to Veterans Park Beach).
- 2 Cape Cod Maritime Museum, 135 South St, ☎ .
- 3 John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, 397 Main St, ☎ . Apr 16–May 31 M–Sa 10AM–5PM, Su noon–5PM; Jun 1st–Oct 31st M–Sa 9AM–5PM, Su noon–5PM; Nov 1st–Nov 27th M–Sa 10AM–4PM, Su noon–4PM. Adults $12, seniors $10, children 8-17 & students $6, under 7 free.
- Cape Cod Melody Tent, 21 West Main St, ☎ . Box office noon-6PM daily. Intimate theatre in the round with a schedule of world class acts.
- The Cape Cod Potato Chip Company, 100 Breeds Hill Road, ☎ . M-F 9AM-5PM. Free.
- Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises, toll-free: . Trips generally take 3½ to 4 hours. Adults $53, children $33.
- Cape Cod Mall, 769 Lyannough Road. M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 10AM-6PM. The largest mall on Cape Cod. A large number of additional retail stores nearby.
- Mrs. M's Summer House, 545 Main Street, ☎ . Spring & summer months: 10AM-9PM daily. Gift Shop.
- Treasures & Temptations, 605 Main St, ☎ . Call. A unique "everything" store that customers describe as: "Just like eBay except you can touch things". This shop has something for most everyone, including antique furniture, vintage smoking pipes, fur coats, even an Irish themed gift shop. If nothing else, folks generally have a chuckle or an OMG moment at some of the off-the-wall items, such as the Lady Gaga inspired boots & lingerie, or the 1896 Regina music box--forerunner to the Victrola--that plays a metal disk. Liz, the owner is personable and honorable, and loves to make people happy.
- Persy's Place, 247 Main St, ☎ . 7AM-2PM daily. "New England's Largest Breakfast Menu".
- Baxter's Boathouse, 177 Pleasant Street, ☎ . From 11AM. Family-friendly Fish ‘n’ Chips since 1957. So close to the water you can park your boat here.
- Black Cat Tavern, 165 Ocean St, ☎ .
- Sam Diego's, Mexican Cookery and Bar, 950 Iyanough Road, ☎ .
- The Twisted Tree (Beech Bar), 599 Main Street, ☎ . Several restaurants combined in one location. The Twisted Tree is open year round and serves a wide assortment of fresh seafood. The Beech Bar offers a variety of drinks, as well as fresh seafood, raw bar, salads and sandwiches. Live music is often played in the courtyard during warm afternoons. $12-22.
- Roadhouse Cafe, 488 South St, ☎ .
- Colombo's Cafe & Pastries, 544 Main St, ☎ . from 11:30AM. Italian food. Lunch & Dinner 7 days a week - Year Round
- Pain D'Avignon, 15 Hinckley Road, ☎ . 7AM-10PM daily. Large bakery with a small French cafe attached. Located in an industrial park near the airport, but don't let that dissuade you. Nice interior atmosphere, outdoor seating in the summer, and quality baked goods.
- Cape Cod Central Railroad Dinner Train, 252 Main St, ☎ . Scenic train runs scenic trips between Hyannis and the Cape Cod Canal daily $25-50. There is a Sunday brunch at 11AM ($60-80), or select an evening when they're serve "family dinners" ($90-150) during the round-trip run. Offered June-October, these menus change with the seasons. Or try some local suds on a two hour "Rails & Ales" tasting, $80-100.
- The 19th Hole, 11 Barnstable Rd, ☎ . Darts, pool, juke, young crowd.
- British Beer Company, 412 Main Street, ☎ . Su-Th 11AM-11PM, F-Sa 11-1AM.
- Cape Cod Beer, 1336 Phinneys Lane, ☎ . M-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 11AM-4PM. Small brewery with attached tap room and store. One guided tour daily at 11AM.
- Best Value Inn Cape Cod, 206 Main St, ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. $49-$499.
- Hyannis Host Inn, 614 Iyannough Road, ☎ .
- Cascade Motor Lodge, 201 Main St, ☎ . $78-$120.
- Hostelling International Hyannis, 111 Ocean St, ☎ . Only open May through October. Dorms $39, private rooms $89-$119.
- Cape Cod Hotel (Best Western), 1470 Iyannough Road, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. A pet-friendly Hyannis hotel offering complimentary breakfast, complimentary WIFI, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, business center and seasonal hotel packages. From $159.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod, 99 Route 28 (West Yarmouth), ☎ . Complimentary hot breakfast served daily, whirlpool/spa, pool, fitness center, business center, free WiFi, free parking, coffee and tea served 24 Hours, free USA Today newspaper.
- Hyannis Days Inn, 69 Route 28, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Complimentary continental breakfast served from 6:30 to 10:30AM. Jacuzzi, pool, fitness center, business center, complimentary WiFi, free parking, coffee and tea served 24 hours, free USA Today, HBO.
- Bayside Resort and Hotel, 225 Route 28, toll-free: . Overlooking Lewis Bay, friendly, fun, relaxing resort. Received awards for hospitality, customer care, and cleanliness.
- Anchor In, 1 South St, ☎ . $149-$389.
- Cape Codder Resort and Spa, 1225 Iyanough Rd, ☎ . $140-$299.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 707 Iyanough Rd, ☎ .
- Hyannis Harbor Hotel, 213 Ocean Street, toll-free: . Located directly on Hyannis Harbor overlooking the ferries. Offering 136 large well appointed rooms, many with private balconies and water views, jacuzzis, and bi-level suites.
- 1 Resort and Conference Center at Hyannis, 35 Scudder Ave, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Harbor House Inn, 119 Ocean St, toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com.
|Routes through Hyannis|
|Wareham ← Centerville ←||W E||→ Yarmouth → Eastham|
|Boston ← Bourne ←||N S||→ END|