- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway, 17 Elm Ave, +1 508 771-6191, .
- Bonanza Bus, Phone: +1-888-751-8800, 
- Megabus, . Service from Providence and New York City.
- 1 Barnstable Municipal Airport (HYA IATA also known as Boardman/Polando Field).
- Cape Air, +1-800-352-0714, . Regional airline serving Hyannis, Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket with service also to the off cape cities of Boston, Providence (seasonal), and New Bedford.
- Nantucket Air (also known as ACK air), Nantucket Memorial Airport, +1-800-635-8787 or +1 508 228-6234, . Flies between Barnstable Municipal Airport in Hyannis and Nantucket.
The seasonal CapeFLYER (+1 508 775-8504) runs once-daily during Fridays to Sundays from Boston South Station, taking just over two hours. Usually, service is between Memorial Day (late May) and Labor Day (early September). Trains terminate at 2 Hyannis Transportation Center, in the corner of Main and Central St.
- Steamship Authority Ferries, 65 South St, +1 508 477-8600, . The only line that carries autos.
- Hy-Line Cruises, Ocean Street Dock, +1 508 778-2600, .
Believe it or not Cape Cod actually has a pretty decent public transportation system in the summer time. There are buses from Plymouth and Brockton that run from Boston to Provincetown and make stops at ( ). The fare is about 15 dollars each way from Boston to Hyannis, which is pretty reasonable. The busses run every hour or so.
Once on the cape there is another option. The Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority as few viable options. The H20 bus--goes from Hyannis to Orleans and traveling down Route 28. It takes about an hour and half from start to stop, but this is also doable. In Harwich you can catch the FLEX bus that takes you to Proviencetown.
The Sealine Bus route goes west bound from Hyannis, along Route 28, until you get to Woods Hole. (Where besides a few attractions is another point to catch a ferry to Woods Hole).
The Barnstable Villeger is a shuttle that goes around Hyannis. It is mainly used by locals. There is also something called the b-Bus which is for residents only (Year Round or Seasonal) but is basically a bus that will pick you up at your house or apartment--it is too complicated to explain here but you can visit the Cape Cod Regional Transit website.
The fare for all these buses is about 1-2 dollars each way.
Hyannis is the main terminal point for ferrys to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.
- Hyannis Taxi, 45 Plant Rd, +1 508 775-0400.
- Town Taxi Of Cape Cod, 436 Yarmouth Rd, +1 508 771-5555.
- 2 John F. Kennedy Memorial, 480 Ocean St (Next to Veterans Park Beach).
- 3 John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, 397 Main St, ☎ . M-Sa 10M-4PM (Th-Sa Nov-mid Apr); Su 12PM-4PM. Adults $5, 10-17 $2.50, under 10 free.
- Cape Cod Melody Tent, 21 West Main St, ☎ . Hyannis, (Box Office, daily 12PM-5PM. Intimate theatre in the round with a schedule of world class acts.
- Cape Cod Central Railroad Dinner Train, 252 Main St, ☎ . June-October. Scenic train runs scenic trips between Hyannis and the Cape Cod Canal daily $17/$15. Weekday evenings at 6:30PM they serve "family dinners" ($40) and weekends gourmet dinners ($60) during the round-trip run.
- [dead link]The Cape Cod Potato Chip Company, ☎ . Tour, 100 Breed's Hill Rd. Free self-guided tours M-F 9AM-5PM.
- Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Catboat Rides, ☎ . Ocean Street Dock at the Yellow Flagpole. Sailing tours. A fixture for over 20 years. $30/$10.
- Cape Cod Carousel / FunHouse Arcade, 541-545 Main Street, ☎ . Amusement Center
- Historic Beech Tree, behind 599 / 605 Main Street, Hyannis (Almost to the end of the one-way Main Street on the left hand side just beyond the Mass Bay store). The Historic English Weeping Beech tree is a HUGE weeping beech. As legend and lore based on historic events have it, the tree was gifted to the town of Barnstable in 1776 by the British Governor of the area "to be planted in the center of commerce" (Hyannis) as a reward for loyalty to the Crown. It seems that the seeds of the Revolution were sown by a Barnstable patriot named James Otis - whose statue is on the grounds of the Barnstable Court House. Within a year, he was attacked by British Revenue Officers and sustained a major head wound. Whether this fear tactic worked or not is unknown, but Barnstable, in 1776, was the only town on Cape Cod that did not vote for independence from the Crown.
- [dead link]Cape Cod Mall, 769 Iyannough Rd, ☎ . (Rt. 132). The largest mall on Cape Cod. CA large number of additional retail stores nearby.
- Main Street, Main Street Hyannis has a number of shops, from antiques to art galleries.
- Second Time Around, 631 Main Street. Hyannis, MA 02601. A wide-variety of everything you may need from reading glasses, antiques, jewelry, clothings, books, boardgames, VHS & DVDs, and just about everything else.
- Mrs. M's Summer House, 545 Main Street, ☎ . Gift Shop
- Cape Cod Carousel / FunHouse Arcade, 541-545 Main Street, ☎ . Amusement Center
- Treasures & Temptations, 605 Main St. (Almost to the end of the one-way Main Street on the left hand side just beyond the Mass Bay store), ☎ . hours vary by season, call for info. A unique "everything" store that has been hailed as "Just like eBay except you can touch things" which is a quote from a customer. From Victoria's Secret lingerie to antique furniture, vintage smoking pipes to fur coats and an Irish shop that has gifts for most European nationalities, this store has something for most everyone. If nothing else, people generally have a chuckle or an OMG! at some of the off-the-wall items such as the Lady GaGaish boots or the 1896 Regina music box that plays a metal disk - the forerunner to the Victrola. Liz, the owner is personable as well as honorable and loves to make people happy.
- [formerly dead link]Box Lunch, 357 Main St, ☎ .
- Black Cat Restaurant, 165 Ocean St, ☎ .
- Persy's, 247 Main St, ☎ . "New England's Largest Breakfast Menu"
- [dead link]Roadhouse Cafe, 488 South St, ☎ .
- Fazio's Trattoria, 294 Main St, ☎ .
- Asa Grill, 415 Main Street, ☎ . Patio dining out front is popular. Becomes a nightclub at 10PM.
- Michael's Creative Baking, 115 Corporation Road (lateral to Main St), ☎ . Nice little bakery with great cupcakes and coffee. Entrance is a little hidden, you have to go through a little lottery shop but it's worth it.
- Colombo's Cafe & Pastries, 544 Min St, ☎ . 11:30 am. Italian food. Lunch & Dinner 7 days a week - Year Round
- Beech Tree Cantina, 599 Main St. Mexican cuisine! Lunch & Dinner 7 days a week - Year Round
- Pain D'Avignon, 15 Hinckley Rd Hyannis, MA 02601, ☎ . Large bakery with a small French cafe attached. Located in an industrial park near the airport, but don't let that dissuade you. Nice interior atmosphere, outdoor seating in the summer, and quality baked goods.
- The Boathouse, 72 North St, ☎ . Live bands.
- The 19th Hole, 11 Barnstable Rd, ☎ . Darts, pool, juke, young crowd.
- Pufferbellies, ☎ . Route 28, (800). Four dance floors with swing, line, country, retro/disco and Top 40 on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Roadhouse Cafe, 488 South St, ☎ . Jazz and show tunes for all ages.
- The Wine List, 65 Independence Dr, ☎ .
- British Beer Company, 412 Main Street, ☎ .
- Cape Cod Beer, 1336 Phinneys Ln, Hyannis, MA 02601, ☎ . Small brewery with attached tap room and store.
Rates shown are for in-season
- Comfort Inn Cape Cod, 1470 Iyannough Road - Route 132, ☎ . $70-$150.
- Best Value Inn Cape Cod, 206 Main St, ☎ . $80-$125.
- Budget Host Inn Hyannis Motel, 614 Rt 132, toll-free: . $50-$100.
- [dead link]Cascade Motor Lodge, 201 Main St, ☎ . $78-$120.
- Hostelling International Hyannis, 111 Ocean St, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 5PM-10PM. Open July through October. Dorms $29-$39, private rooms $89-$119.
- Comfort Inn Hyannis, 1470 Route 132, ☎ . A pet-friendly Hyannis hotel offering complimentary breakfast, complimentary WIFI, indoor heated pool, whirlpool, business center and seasonal hotel packages.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod, 99 Route 28 West Yarmouth, ☎ . Cape Cod's First New Hotel in over 20 years! Complimentary Hot On the House Breakfast Served Daily,Whirlpool/Spa,Indoor/Outdoor Pool,Jump Start Fitness Center,Business Center,Free High Speed Wireless Internet,Copy and Fax Service,Free Parking,Coffee and Tea Served 24 Hours,Free USA Today.
- Hyannis Days Inn, 867 Iyannough Rd, ☎ . Complimentary Continental Breakfast Served From 6:30 to 10:30, Jacuzzi, Indoor/Outdoor Pool,Fitness Center,Business Center,Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet,Copy and Fax Service,Complimentary Parking,Coffee and Tea Served 24 hours,Complimentary USA Today,HBO,In Room Coffee Makers.
- Bayside Resort and Hotel, 225 Route 28, toll-free: . Overlooking Lewis Bay, friendly, fun, relaxing resort. Received awards for Hospitality, Customer Care, and Cleanliness.
- Anchor In, 1 South St, ☎ . $149-$389.
- Cape Codder Resort and Spa, 1225 Iyanough Rd (Rt. 132 & Bearse's Way), ☎ . $140-$299.
- Courtyard by Marriott, 707 Iyanough Rd, ☎ .
- Hyannis Harbor Hotel, 213 Ocean Street. Located directly on Hyannis Harbor overlooking the ferries offering 136 large well appointed lodging accommodations many with private balconies and water views, Jacuzzi and bi-level suites.
|Routes through Hyannis|
|Wareham ← Centerville ←||W E||→ Yarmouth → Eastham|
|Boston ← Bourne ←||N S||→ END|