Kidapawan is the capital city of Cotabato Province with a rapidly growing population of more than 130,000.
It's probably the best jumping off point if you wish to climb Mount Apo, the Philippines' highest mountain. Kidapawan city tourism council. phone 064-278-3344. has a office in the plaza near City hall.
Cebuano is the dominant language spoken in Kidapawan. Other settlers speak Hiligaynon, Ilocano and Magindanao. Most of the people can also speak Tagalog (Filipino) and English.
The nearest airport is in Davao City, and you can buy tickets for Philippines Airlines or Cebu Pacific airlines from an agent at the Gaisano Grand Mall from 10:00-19:00.
- From Davao City via Digos every hour with Mindanao Star. 3 hours. 150.
- From Cotabato via Matalam with Mindanao Star 150.
- from Tacurong with a minivan 120.
- Minivans also go from Kidapawan to Tacurong 68km. and from Tacurong there are buses to Koronadal 31kms.
- The van fare from Davao city to Kidapawan 118 kms. is 150 and the trip takes 3 hours.
- the Van from Kidapawan to Tacurong is 120.
- Ferries from Cebu City, Manila, Iloilo, Bacolod, Bohol island arrive at Cagayan de Oro port.
There are many motor tricycles that charge ₱8 for a 2km ride.
Malls & Supermarkets
- Gaisano Grand Mall & Gaisano Supermarket, purok 1 lanao. 10:00-19:00. A wide selection of retail outlets with many fast food places.
- Cdr King, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Rose Pharmacy, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Unitop Department Store., Perez Street. 9am-8pm.
Banks & atms
- Metro Bank, Quezon Boulevard.. 24 hour atm. master card / visa card atm
- PNB Bank, Quezon Boulevard.. 24 hour atm.. visa card atm
- Jollibee fast food., Quezon blvd. 7am-10pm. Breakfasts from 07:00 till 11am.
- Chow King, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Red ribbon, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Greenwich Pizza, Gaisano Grand Mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Samanthas Travelers Inn, along Davao-Cotabato Hwy (Barangay Balindog.). Fan rooms with common bathrooms. ₱300.
- Midside Pension House, Roxas-Quimco street. fan and ac rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. has WIFI. p150/300/450.
- Fadj Inn, Jose Abad Santos St. a/c single double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. best overall value. p420/500.
- Mount Apo Inn, Bautista St. a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. p1000..
- Sams guest house, Villamarzo St.
- Pareng boyaks Inn. p300.
- A J D Pension House., Roxas-Quimco street., ☎ , . fan and a/c double rooms. some rooms have own bathrooms and cable TV and Hot water. has WIFI. p150/300/450.
- A J S Budget Inn, Quirino drive. fan and a/c double rooms some with own bathroom and cable TV. p300/500.