Kidapawan is the capital city of Cotabato Province with a rapidly growing population of more than 130,000.
It's probably the best jumping-off point if you wish to climb Mount Apo, the Philippines' highest mountain.
- Kidapawan City Tourism Council. phone +63 64-278-3344. has a office in the plaza near City hall.
Cebuano is the dominant language spoken in Kidapawan. Other settlers speak Hiligaynon, Ilocano and Magindanao. Most of the people can also speak Tagalog (Filipino) and English.
The nearest airport is in Davao City, and you can buy tickets for Philippines Airlines or Cebu Pacific airlines from an agent at the Gaisano Grand Mall from 10AM-7PM.
- From Davao City via Digos every hour with Mindanao Star. 3 hours, ₱150.
- From Cotabato via Matalam with Mindanao Star, ₱150.
- From Tacurong with a minivan, ₱120.
- Minivans also go from Kidapawan to Tacurong, 68 km, and from Tacurong there are buses to Koronadal 31 km.
- The van fare from Davao city to Kidapawan, 118 km, is ₱150 and the trip takes 3 hours.
- The van from Kidapawan to Tacurong costs ₱120.
- Ferries from Cebu City, Manila, Iloilo, Bacolod, Bohol island arrive at Cagayan de Oro port.
There are many motor tricycles that charge ₱8 for a 2-km ride.
- Kansal Falls. This waterfall is one of the cleanest in Asia. Its water, coming from Mount Apo, is also the source of the city's water supply
- Mount Apo. Kidapawan serves as the main jumping point for hikes to this mountain. There are two trails: one which ends at nearby Magpet and another ends at Santa Cruz, across through Davao del Sur.
- Tampupu Festival. Named after the Manobo word for "harvest", it celebrates the annual harvest of exotic fruits grown in the city.
Malls & supermarkets
- Gaisano Grand Mall & Gaisano Supermarket, purok 1 lanao. 10AM-7PM. A wide selection of retail outlets with many fast food places.
- Unitop Department Store., Perez Street. 9AM-8PM.
Banks & ATMs
- Metro Bank, Quezon Boulevard.. 24-hour ATM. Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
- PNB Bank, Quezon Boulevard.. 24-hour ATM. Visa Card ATM.
- Samanthas Travelers Inn, along Davao-Cotabato Hwy (Barangay Balindog.). Fan rooms with common bathrooms. ₱300.
- Midside Pension House, Roxas-Quimco street. fan and ac rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. Has Wi-Fi. ₱150/300/450.
- Fadj Inn, Jose Abad Santos St. A/C single double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. ₱420/500.
- Mount Apo Inn, Bautista St. A/C double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. ₱1000..
- Sams guest house, Villamarzo St.
- Pareng boyaks Inn. ₱300.
- A J D Pension House, Roxas-Quimco Street, ☏ , . Fan and A/C double rooms. Some rooms have own bathrooms and cable TV and hot water. Has Wi-Fi. ₱200/300/450.
- A J S Budget Inn, Quirino Drive. Fan and a/c double rooms some with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱300/500.
|Routes through Davao|
|Digos ← Makilala ←||E W||→ Matalam → Cotabato City via Sultan Kudarat (Maguindanao)|
|Arakan ← President Roxas ←||N S||→ END|