Davao is the largest city on the Philippines' second-largest island of Mindanao. It has a huge land area allocated to it officially, and the inhabitants like to think of it as one of the most crime-free large cities in the Philippines.
The elected officials have been accused of encouraging vigilantism and death squads. Whatever the truth of these accusations, it's certainly true that, as a visitor, you're certainly less likely to be the victim of robbery or petty larceny than most similar size cities in the Americas with the exception of Canada.
- Department of Tourism, 5F, Landco Corporate Center, JP Laurel Ave (opposite MCDO, near Victoria Mall). tourist info for all of southern Mindanao.
- Davao City Tourist office in Magsaysay park; it has a list of places to stay and info for places to see in and around Davao city.
- Davao City Library and Information center, 3rd floor new city hall, San Pedro St ☎ +63 82 225-3137
Davao is the third most important Philippines city after Manila and Cebu. Three domestic airlines fly multiple times per day between Davao and Manila: Air Asia, Cebu Pacific, Philippines Airlines. There are direct flights from other Philippine cities: Cebu City, Cagayan de Oro, Iloilo, Zamboanga, Bacolod.
Cebu Pacific and Silk Air (the regional airline of Singapore Airlines) are currently the only international airlines directly servicing Davao from Singapore. Cebu Pacific has three non-stop return flights per week from Davao to Singapore. They depart Davao on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 17.35pm and your get to Singapore at 21.10pm. They depart Singapore also on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 21.55pm and you get to Davao at 01.40am the next day. Their fares are as a rule a lot better than Silk Air. If you have Davao as your main destination in the Philippines, you might want to consider coming in through Singapore as this might be the most hassle-free way to enter.
1 Davao International Airport (Francisco Bangoy International Airport, IATA: DVO). The airport has an tourist information counter (but not always staffed) where you can buy prepaid SIM cards. The terminal fee at Davao airport is ₱200 for domestic flights and ₱700 for international flights.
Getting there: A taxi from the Davao Airport to down town Davao costs about ₱180, as of 2016. It's also possible to catch a jeepney ₱15 to town center by walking to the highway (5-10min walk).
There are passenger ferries coming to/from Samal Island and Talikud Island. Another good way to get from Davao city to Samal Island is by the Island City Express buses that use the 24/7 car ferry from Sasa over to Babak on Samal island. The ticket price for the bus and ferry combined is ₱30. If you just use the Car Ferry the ticket costs ₱10 per person. Island city Express buses go all the way to Kaputian on Samal island. From (Santa Ana wharf) near Magsaysay park boats also leave for Samal island for ₱40.
- Most buses depart and arrival at the Davao City Overland Transport Terminal (DCOTT) located at Maya, Ecoland.
- It costs ₱70 by taxi or 8 by Jeepney to go the 2 km from the Ecoland bus Terminal to downtown Davao.
- Bachelor Express goes to Surigao, Butuan, Bislig, Mati 173 km, Tandag, Tacloban.
- Rural Transit (part of Bachelor Express) goes to Cagayan de Oro 277 km, Valencia 134 km, Malaybalay 160 km.
- Mindanao Star (part of Bachelor Express) goes to Digos, Kidapawan, Cotabato City. General Santos, Koronadal.
- Yellow Bus. goes to Digos 63 kms. General Santos 149 kms, Koronadal 201 kms.
- Philtranco goes to Manila via Surigao, Tacloban, Calbayog, Legazpi City.
- PP bus line also goes to Manila via Butuan, Surigao, Tacloban, Calbayog, Legazpi City.
- Davao metro Shuttle goes to Panabo, Tagum city 66 km.
- There are also Minivans going to Cagayan de Oro for ₱485, Mati 230, Kidapawan ₱150, Cotabato City ₱250 and Tagum 120.
- You can get the minivans outside the Gaisano Mall and Victoria Plaza.
The simplest way to get around is by hopping into a taxi. A typical trip can cost about ₱70-90 or approximately USD2. Drivers in Davao do not normally bargain if they notice that you are a tourist, hence the cost of the trip is the same in price as a regular. Davao Taxi Drivers are regarded as the most honest taxi drivers in the Philippines. Taxi Drivers in Davao City do not charge tourists extra fare unlike their counterparts in Cebu and Manila. If you know the name of the building, establishment, area or street you wish you reach, this is still the fastest way to get to your destination. You can also call or send an SMS to the cab company directly to have a cab driver pick you up.
Taxis start their fare at ₱40 and will add ₱3.50 per few hundred meters. Please do say "thank you" or "salamat" once you have arrived at your destination. Davao Taxis issue fare receipts that list the name of the taxi company, the plate number, and the taxi number which could come in handy if one leaves valuable items or documents inside a cab. Just tell your taxi driver if you want to get a receipt.
Alternatively, if you opt for more adventure, then do as the locals and catch a colorful jeepney. Simply ask around for which route to take to avoid getting lost. They are usually available 24 hours and cover most of the nooks and crannies of the city. This is the cheapest option for getting around. The usual cost for a jeepney ride is ₱8 for every 4 km ride, and about a ₱1 increase per km when going beyond the 4 km (for regular passengers). A jeepney from downtown Davao to the Davao airport cost ₱15 and takes 45min.
To pay, pass your fare to the person next to you, all the way to the driver or the conductor, by saying "bayad po". Paying the exact amount is highly recommended. To stop at a certain destination, say "lugar lang", "para", or knock your coins hard on the steel handle.
Another alternative ride aside from the jeepneys and taxis, is to rent a car. There are many cars for rent. If you don't know the routes you can hire drivers by asking the attendant of the rental company. Local companies tend to be cheaper than the national ones.
Avis Car rental. Airport view hotel. J Camus street. Tel 63-82-2216430.
Buses are also available, but these tend to ply exclusively along the north-south route and going out and in the city area. Air conditioned buses to Calinan go from Bankeroham Public Market. Island City Buses go to Kaputian Samal Island via the car ferry at Sasa; these buses go past Magsaysay park ₱30.
By water taxi
Another mode of transportation around Davao Gulf is through a water taxi. Water taxis serve the daily commuters and visitors of Davao City, Samal Island, and neighbouring coastal municipalities around Davao Gulf. It will get you to the island, waterfront restaurant, or beach resort you wanted with comfort and ease. The pioneer water taxi service in the Philippines is found in Davao City and has the swift, safe and secure water transport, the best and most professional skippers and has a customer friendly and positive attitude, all incorporated to make your transfer easy and pleasurable.
- Mt. Apo. the highest mountain in the Philippines.
- Crocodile Park, Riverfront Corporate City, Carlos P. Garcia Highway, Davao City, ☎ . The home of the Philippine crocodiles. This park serves as a breeding center and a great tourist attraction. There are crocodile shows and others which shows in some days. Other animals too (tiger, deer, ...). Crocodile feeding is ₱35. include entrance to butterfly park (8AM-5PM) and K'Mindanawan village (not real one, for tourist, fire show on fri/sat/sun 5.45pm-6.30pm) ₱150.
- Eden Nature Park. Located about 50 km from Davao Eden Nature Park is close to the town of Toril. It's located in the mountains so it's cooler than Davao City. It has nice walks, restaurants, horse riding and a Sky-Rider thing and lots more. It's a pretty good day out and well worth the trip from Davao.
- Jack's Ridge, Shrine Hills Road, Matina, ☎ . This was a hangout for Japanese Forces during World War 2. It is now a tourist spot in Davao City, where you can have a scenic view of Davao City (especially during the night). There is a restaurant, a pool, bars, cottages, and a trail up and down the ridge, where you can enjoy your stay.
- Philippine Eagle Center. 8AM-5PM. See the Philippine eagle, one of the largest eagles in the world and, sadly, also one of the most endangered. The center is home to about 30 Philippine eagles. Aside from eagles, it is also home to other birds and animals as well as raptors in a simulated forest environment. ₱150.
- People's Park, Legazpi Street, Davao City. 7AM-10PM. A public park located along Legazpi Street. A park where people people gather around, enjoy the stroll crossing bridges,exercising around the walkway which circles the park, seeing man-made waterfalls, beautiful plants, etc. It is more enjoyable as the sun goes down and at the night. Free..
- San Pedro Cathedral, San Pedro Street, Davao City (town-center, most jeepney road go through, just ask), ☎ . This cathedral, built in the 19th century, is the city's main cathedral. It is across from City Hall.
- Shrine of the Holy Infant of Jesus (Santo Nino Shrine), Shrine Hills Road, Matina, ☎ . A shrine that is up a hill with views across Davao in which you can unwind, relax, and reflect. There are mass celebrations once in a while per day. A lot of people visit this place during Sundays.
- Lonwa Buddhist temple (less than 10min walk from crossing cabaguio avenue / JP Laurel avenue and St Camillus dormitel). no defined opening hours. free.
- [dead link]Dabawenyo museum. 9AM-12PM 1PM-6PM, closed on sunday+some holidays. no photos except on few recent paintings / separated room. free admission.
- Forest Hill Resort, Talomo District. 9AM till 7PM. One of the most visited inland resorts in Davao city. Has a very nice big swimming pool and is very clean. php100 per person over 60yo p80.
- Camp Holiday Resort and Recreatiom Area, beside Samal Ferry Wharf Samal Island, ☎ . 24 hours.. For the ₱100 day fee you get the use of swimming pools, nipa huts, open cottages and a seaside veranda. Very clean. day tour php100. Overnight ₱150.
- Museo Dabawenyo, Magallanes Street (Behide the City Hall). 9AM-5PM. History and Culture of Davao. Free.
- Wake Board Park, near Tacunan (Taxi). One of Asias largest wake board park. Great place for day trips, or rent locally to extend your stay
Davao City has many malls where almost all of them have cinemas.
Due to security concerns, it is routine for security guards to lightly frisk people as they enter shopping malls in Davao, and indeed in most of the Philippines. The guards endeavour to be sensitive and invariably the guard is either female or there are separate lines for male and female entrants.
Banks & ATMs
Most ATMs in Davao city have a 200 fee for overseas bank cards and a limit of 10.000 per withdrawal. an exception is the ATM at
- HSBC Bank (UK). Ground floor Luisa Avenue Square Jacinto extension.
- the two ATMs at HSBC charges No 200 fee for Overseas bank cards and allows up to 40.000 per withdrawal.
- There are many money changes at the Aldevinco shopping center. C M Recto street (over the street from the Marco Polo hotel). The exchange rate for cash is extremely good.
- Nellie Stephanie Money changer. Aldevinco shopping center. phone224-1448.
- X Changer money changer. 2nd floor Abreeza mall.
- cd-r king (there's one in most of the malls in Davao City), ☎ . 10:00-20:00. There are 13 of these computer and electronic goods stores in Davao city.
- Book sale, Nccc mall and both SM malls in Davao.. 09.00-20.00. Second-hand books from the USA and UK. from p10.
- Shoe Walker Enterpries, 254 San Pedro Street (Vicente Building), ☎ . 08.30am-06.30pm. low cost shoe shop
Malls & Supermarkets
- Centerpoint Plaza, McArthur Highway, Matina Crossing, ☎ .
- Gaisano Mall of Davao, (G-Mall), J.P. Laurel Ave, ☎ . 09.00-21.00. this is the Largest Gaisano mall in the Philippines. Cinema tickets from ₱120 per person.
- Gaisano Grand City Mall, & Gaisano Grand Toril, Tibungco, Calinan, Illustre St, ☎ . 10:00-20:00. all part of the Gaisano Grand Group. all have Gaisano department stores & Supermarkets
- NCCC Malls & NCCC Supermarkets & NB1 Covenience stores, ☎ . all part of the NCCC group. Cinema ticket at NCCC mall Ma-a ₱140.
- SM City & SM Lanang & Savemore Supermarkets & Watsons., Quimpo Blvd, Ecoland & J P Laurel Ave., ☎ . 10am-8pm. all part of the SM group. Savemore Supermarkets are in Bangkai and Bajada.
- Victoria Plaza, J.P. Laurel Ave, ☎ . 10:00-20:00.
- Abreeza Ayala mall., J.P. Laurel Ave, ☎ . 10:00-21:00. Generika Duugstore is part of the Ayala Group. cinema ticket 150.
- Puregold Supermarkets & S R Membership Shopping & Three sixty Pharmacy, JP Laurel Ave. & Gen Douglas MacArthur Hwy (Km9 Sasa). 09:00-21:00. all part of the Puregold group.
- Robinsons Supermarkets. & South Star Drug., Robinsons Cybergate, JP Laurel Ave, ☎ . 09:00-21:00. all part of the Robinsons Group. There is also a Robinsons Supermarkets in the Abreeza Ayala Mall along JP Laurel Ave.
- Felcris Centrale Mall & Felcris Supermarkets & Davao Convenience Stores, ☎ . There are three Felcris Supermarkets in Davao city, one in Toril and one in Calinan. Felcris is Part of Davao 24 hour Central Convenience stores and the Central Warehouse Clubs. (owned by the Yup Family).
- Unitop Department Store, San Pedro Street (also one store in Toril.). 9am-8pm.
- 7-Eleven Convenience Stores.. there are over 100 7-Eleven stores in Davao.
Davao is renowned for its durian and pomelo. Eating durian is admittedly an acquired taste but those who do end up liking it will swear that the bad smell is worth it. Pomelo is a citrus fruit that most closely resembles a grapefruit and s quite common in South East Asia. Beware of bringing durian inside airplanes as well as hotels and other establishments. They may have strict regulations on allowing durian inside and some do not allow durian to be brought in at all.
Mid Range & Splurge
- Sea Urchin Restaurant, Mamay Road, a few meters from Damosa Gateway. A full range of Chinese cuisine. Cold cuts.
- Ahfat, Victoria Plaza area. The ultimate gastronomic experience. Try the steamed shrimp, spicy spare ribs and crab fuyo. great food, situated behind the Gaisano Mall
- Yahong Torres Street. Try their talaba and diablo chicken wings. Their crispy pata is also a must!
- Na Trang (Jekoy's Grill), Jacinto Extension, beside Central Bank. Authentic Vietnamese cuisine. Try their tofu and mushrooms, Vietnamese pancake, wet lumpia and fried spring rolls. Coffee is great here also.
- Jack's Ridge, Just across the Santo Nino Shrine. Delicious Filipino cuisine, a variety of burgers and American food,with a breathtaking view of the city. Arrive half an hour before sunset, the viewing telescope gives great views,and after sunset, the lights show the extent of the city. Great place to watch a thunder storm from.
- Cubyertos, Torres Street. Try their signature vegetable-chicken salad.
- Dencia's, Ilustre Street. Classic Davao-Chinese cuisine. Best orders are tokwa't baboy, congee, and pancit canton.
- Gardena Fresca, Within Coca-Cola Village in Matina. Their bestseller is adobong tahong.
- Talaba Joe's, Rizal Street. Come to this place for the freshest oysters in Davao.
- Claude's, Rizal Street. Authentic French cuisine.
- De Bonte Koe, Rizal Street. Dutch Cuisine. Try their herring with onions. Never miss the apple pie.
- Boodels, Within Barrio Obrero. grilled tuna belly. Tastes great too.
- Gerry's Grill, Within G-Mall. The many versions of sisig are great. *food chain found all over the Philippines
- Mang Inasal, within G-Mall and SM Mall. Delicious barbecue chicken. *food chain found all over the Philippines
- Grand Emerald Seafood Garden, within Victoria Plaza Complex. Good food, Reasonable Price, Nicely Lit Interiors.
- Mandarin Tea Garden, branches at G-Mall, SM Davao, Nccc Mall, Rizal St., Guerrero St., Duterte St., DCLA Complex.,
- Dimsum Diner. Within G-Mall and somewhere near Holy Cross College. Best orders are salted fish fried rice,.
- Dox's of Davao* Rosal Street, Catalunan Pequeño near Yuchico Orchid Gardens. Habachi Iron cookery with a Southern flare.
- Tadakuma, Damosa Business Center, Mamay Road, ☎ . serves delicious Japanese dishes at reasonable prices
- Tsuru, Legazpi Street, ☎ . Serves high quality Japanese dishes. They also have an all-you-can-eat buffet every 15th and 30th of the month.
- Harana, F. Torres Street, ☎ . A very famous barbecue restaurant that serves awesome barbecue dishes, steaks, and other Filipino dishes.
- Krua Thai, F. Torres Street, Davao City. serves Thai dishes
- De Boerderij (The Farm), #6 DBC Bldg-H, McArthur Hway, Matina (100 m south from Ma-a junction), ☎ . 11:00-02:00. Cozy international bar with Dutch roots. Burger, steak, pizza & pasta, kroket, bread.
- Euro Baker, Lower Ground floor Gaisano Mall of Davao.. 10.00-20.00. and now also at Gaisano mall of Toril. coffee 80.
- Davao Green Buffet Haus, Corner Legaspi and Gen Luna streets, ☎ . 11.00-14.00-17.30-21.00. All you can eat buffet. ₱168.
- Taco Boy, JS Gaisano,Gaisano mall of Davao, SM city. Abreeza Mall, ☎ . 10.00-20.00. Mexican food. There are also Taco Boys in Gaisano Mall in Tagum, Matina Centerpoint, Ateneo de Davao University and Nccc Mall. from ₱17.
- Albertos Pizza Davao, Bolton Street (over the street from Jollibee), ☎ . 09.00-01.00. Garden express pizza. Also does breakfasts. Free delivery with no minimum order required. Pizzas from ₱75; 9 inches ₱80, 11 inches ₱120.
- Jenny friend chicken JFC, San Pedro street, ☎ . 8am-9pm. You find Jenny fried Chicken fast foods all over Davao city. They also sell grilled chicken for ₱22, pork chop ₱25, cassava cake ₱12. Soft drinks from ₱12, a cup of rice ₱5, chicken and rice meal ₱25.
- Barbecue Boss, E Quirino Aneune., ☎ . 10.00-01.00. Five pork barbecue with all the rice you can eat. Cold beers from ₱35. Has a garden where you can drink beer at night. ₱50.
- Bankerohan Public Market, Magallanes Street. 24 hours,. Low cost fruits and vegetables.
- Kuya Ed Buffet, Magallanes Street (behind Old City Hall), ☎ . 17.30-21.00. An all you can eat buffet. Sells drinks. ₱169.
- Tita Dz Kainan, F. Inigo street, ☎ . 11:00-14:00, 17:00-20:00. All you can eat buffet with ice tea. ₱168.00.
- Twins Restaurant, F.Inigo street, ☎ . 10.00-20.00. All you can eat buffet with ice tea. ₱130.
- Grub Resto cafe, Duterte street, ☎ . 14.00-17.00. All you can eat pasta. ₱125.
- Fortune Bread Bakeshoppe, R Magsaysay avenue.. 24 hours. There are 3 Fortune Bread bake shops in downtown Davao. From ₱2 per bread.
- City Triangle Food Court, Claveria Street (over the street from Ateneo University). 09:00-18:00.
- Carlos Food House, F Inigo Street, ☎ . 10:00-18:00.
- City foods, Ramon Magsaysay Avenue (Inside the NCCC), ☎ . 09:00-20:00. Fresh lumpia ₱20, fried lumpia ₱22.
- B Delight Bakeshoppe, San Pedro street.. open 24 hours. There are B Delight bake shops all over Davao from ₱5, soft drinks ₱10..
There is the local Tanduay Rum, billed around town as "the Number One Rhum".
Mindanao has a large Seventh Day Adventist population. Adventists do not drink and any stores they own will typically not sell alcohol.
- Kangaroo Coffee Co, Tionko cor. V. Mapa St., ☎ . , 8:30AM-12:00MN M-Th,and 8:30AM-1AM F-Sa.Closed on Sundays. Kangaroo is a place dedicated to fresh Mindanao coffee, home-style food, and inspirational literature, in a classical-modern atmosphere. Specialties include Kangabrew (brewed coffee),Durian Mocha Heaven Ice-blended,Mangosteen-Passion Ice-blended,Tsokolatte (native hot chocolate with espresso, KangaYo (fruit & yogurt drinks), Smoked Fish Pasta, Chicken Curry Rice Meal, Creme Brulee, New York Cheesecake, Kanga Nuggets, Kanga Mint Cookies.
- Some Place Else, Rizal Street (Havana Compound), ☎ . A great place to hang out. Ask for their Shisha Fries.
- 1 Knight's Cafe (Red Knight Gardens), Guadalupe Village, Lanang, Davao (Near by Casino Filipino), ☎ . 6:30AM to 9:30PM. Knights Cafe offers a choice of local and Western dishes at its pool side bar and restaurant. WiFi and swimming is free if you buy food/drinks. Feast of Fish&Chips to Kinilaw and from traditional English breakfast to Pizza. Good place to meet and get lots of local knowledge. Modest.
- Ellen's Tuna Queen, South Street Dbp Village, Matina, Davao City (now located at its new home a few meters from the NCCC Mall Matina Highway, From NCCC Mall along Maa road turn left to the first street corner of Dbp Village (South Street )), ☎ . , M-Sa 10:30AM-9PM. Serves the original pritong paksiw buntot ng tuna formerly at Petron Bajada, sinigang silik ng malasugui, beef calderetta, laing, kinilaw (tuna), lechon kawali and tuna sisig. Grilled steaks (lamb chops, beef prime ribs, burger steak) are also served. Try the latest Tuna Sisig na Pizza and the creamy halo-halo at its best.
- Basti's Coffee, Victoria Plaza. Basti's is a cafe in Victoria Plaza, with an entrance outside as well as through the food court. They brew great coffee, and they ask you to pick between 'mild' and 'strong'. They also have pastries including an interesting durian cheesecake. Davao is a no-smoking-in-public-places city so smokers might find it useful to know that there is an enclosed and air-conditioned smoking section in Basti's.
- British Bar & Deli, 39 Pili Street Nova Tierra Village Lanang, ☎ . the only British pub in Davao. high price.
There is no shortage of accommodations in Davao, ranging from the four-star accommodations of the Marco Polo Davao on Claveria, the Royal Mandaya Hotel and the Apo View Hotel, where Casino Filipino 2 is located, to lodges and inns, pension houses, backpacker Hostels all around the city. or one can find townhouses or apartments for rent, all for negotiable rates. there are many places to stay in Davao for under 1000 a night.
Budget under 1000
- Sampaguita Tourist Inn (the old one), Mt Mayon Street. (turn off Quirino ave right at the new Sampguita and go up a block.), ☎ . Check-out: 12 noon. Single with Fan private bathroom and cable tv 300. Single with A/C Private bathroom and cable tv 475. add 50 for hot water. add 100 for a double. (free wifi only on ground floor). 300 a night.
- C5 Dormitel, Roxas Avenue (1 block south of Ateneo de Davao Univ), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A "luxury dormitory" for ₱650. Cable TV, air-con, Wi-Fi, laundry area, parking, study area, guest lounges. Located in C5 Building, travel agency, beauty salon, laundry shop.
- [dead link]D'Counter Executive Dormitory, 15-B Jose Camus St, ☎ . ₱285 for basic single; ₱335 for single with TV and private bath; ₱545 with A/C and cable TV; ₱720 for double with A/C, bath, cable TV; family room for 3 with bath, cable TV, and A/C for ₱1100. can not take any one to your room.
- El Rio Bachelor's Pad, Lot 22&23, Block 16 Kamuning St, El Rio Vista Village Phase 4A, Bacaca, ☎ . , Monthly Rate P6000 small room, P7000 medium sized room, P7500 large room P600 per day good for 2 persons: includes mini-kitchen, cooking utensils & pans, electric stove, electric kettle, knife, plates, spoons & forks, refrigerator, own washing sink, own shower with heater, Internet, television with cable, individual controlled air-conditioned room, bed & bedding, cabinets, dining table and chairs.
- My Hotel, San Pedro St (beside BDO - San Pedro Branch), ☎ , e-mail: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12nn. It offers free Wi-Fi access in every room, free Sun-to-Sun cell phone call, free calls to the US and Canada, Hot and cold shower, Air-conditioned rooms with cable TV, telephone are ₱995. the MY Hotel has security cameras. There are also Single fan rooms with outside bathrooms. Free breakfast. ₱250.
- MyPlace Dormitel, Veloso St., Bo. Obrero (at the back of Victoria Plaza), ☎ . Standard Room - P800, Superior Room - P1,000. Extra Bed - P300. Room has 2 beds, a/c, hot and cold shower, free wifi, 24/7 security, add P100 for TV.
- [dead link]Oroderm Beauty Hotel, Magallanes (St) (just off Quirino ave.), ☎ . a/c Single/double rooms with hot water bathrooms and cable TV. Breakfast included. Free Wi-Fi. p650/700.
- Ponce Suites, Road 4 (at corner of Road 3) in Dona Vicenta Village, Bajada (from JP Laurel Street at Victoria Plaza, turn at Chow King and take the first right, then your first left and go to the end), ☎ . Wifi. They also have food with a rooftop open terrace. impressive art collection. ₱895.
- Sampaguita Tourist Inn (the new one), Quirino Avenue (at My Mayon St), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. very Basic single for P325, double 400, triple 500, family 650. Add about 200 for A/C. Add another 50 to 200 for hot water. Add another 100 to 300 for coffee table and sofa. Other phone +63 82 302-7645. (free wifi only at ground floor) ₱325.
- 1 St. Camillus Dormitel, 3rd Floor, SPMC Cooperative Building, Southern Philippines Medical Center (aka Davao Medical Center) Compound, Bajada, ☎ . , , Check-in: anytime, check-out: anytime. Best value accommodation in Davao City. Airconditioned rooms, quiet location, short walk to all modes of public transport, owners and staff are helpful and very friendly. The dormitel occupies the whole third flood of the building (you can ask permission to go up the rooftop for a breathe of fresh air). Each no-frills room have four double-decker beds, with common tables and a (very) small cabinet for your more important stuff. Toilets/shower-stalls are clean and well lighted. Separate facilities for men and women. The ground floor of the building is occupied by various establishments: laundry shop (18₱/kg), food center, vendors and a popular Chinese fast food chain. The second floor is occupied by an internet cafe and spa/parlor. Tip: call for reservations well ahead of time as they opten fill-up pretty quickly with various traveller groups. 180/day.
- 2 Samal Bahay Kubo, Barangay Katagman, Purok 5, Peñaplata District, Island Garden City of Samal, ☎ . Check-in: anytime, check-out: anytime. If you want real peace and quiet, go here. No videokes, guaranteed. You could set up a tent, if you like or get a room in a Bahay Kubo (hut). The owner's wife is a mean cook, specializing in Thai and Indian dishes. There is no in-suite toilet, but the "outhouse" is very clean and has running water. The site is several minutes away on foot from two tourist spots: Moncado's Camp 23 and Balay ni Moncado (Moncado's Whitehouse). You can arrange for a pickup at the Peñaplata Warehouse Club bus stop then take City Island Express Bus from Davao City to Samal Island. Or, you can arrange a pickup from Davao City. 200 ₱/night.
- [dead link]Green Windows Dormital Backpackers hostel, 5th floor fct tower 1034 mt apo street, ☎ . a/c dorm beds. dorm bed ₱188 per person..
- GGT tourist inn, Villa Abrille Street, ☎ . Fan single bed, matrimonial,double, triple bed. . has a month rate. ₱300/400/500.
- Hotel Uno, Cm Retro Street, ☎ . Fan single/double rooms with outside bathrooms. A/C rooms own bathroom and cable TV. New and clean hotel. Has elevator and restaurant. ₱250/300/650.
- D Morvie Suites, CM recto street and san pedro street, ☎ . Two new D Morvie Suites in Davao city to add to the three in Cagayan de Oro and one in Iligan city. a/c rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV 12/24 hours. New and clean, but small rooms. Free WIFI. ₱250/450.
- Day Light Inn, San Pedro Street (over the street from the MY hotel.), ☎ . Clean A/c and fan rooms with outside bathroom. from ₱250/450.
- Evergreen hotel, R Magsaysay Aveune (In Davao china town. Near NCCC), ☎ . Clean fan rooms with own bathrooms. Free WIFI. ₱375/495..
- GV hotel, Magallanes Street, corner of Legaspi Street., ☎ . 7 a/c single rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. 17 a/c twin rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. 6 a/c Matrimonial rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. the GV Hotel Davao has 95 rooms. ₱450/590.
- El gusto family lodge., Magallanes street, ☎ . Fan rooms with own bathroom. ₱400.
- Las casitas inn 2, 509 loyola street obrero, ☎ . Fan room with own bathroom. A/C twin sharing room with own bathroom. free Wi-Fi. ₱350/695.
- Casa Graciana inn., 06 juna subd matina (near the NCCC mall), ☎ . Fan rooms. ₱300.
- [dead link]Quoyas inn, km7 diversion road buhangin (not far from Davao airport.), ☎ . Fan rooms with out side bathrooms. ₱375.
- Aveflor inn, 108 Cm recto street, ☎ . single. semi double. Matrimonial. free WIFI. p600/650.
- Anton rose inn, Quimpo blvd, ☎ . fan rooms. ₱290.
- Carpels pension house, J camus extensiom, ☎ . fan rooms. ₱400.
- Residencia vhila Dormitel, 83 cm recto street., ☎ . a/c dorm. ₱175..
- B S Inn, Cempesaw street cor monteverde street. (near NCCC Uyanguren.), ☎ . a/c rooms with own bathrooms. ₱650/750.
- Davao Fortune inn, 127 d-r Magsaysay avenue., ☎ . a/c rooms with own hot water bathrooms with or with out Cable TV. ₱550/600.
- Davao Imperil inn, C M recto street, ☎ . a/c single/double with own bathrooms. ₱510/680.
- Ayrelios Pensione, Bolton street., ☎ . fan single/double. a/c single/double. p195/295/395/460..
- Megiko Dormitel., J Rizal street., ☎ . a.c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. free WIFI. 12/24 hours. p250/500.
- Royal Downtown Inn, San Pedro street, ☎ . a/c single. twin. Matrimonial with own bathroom and Cable TV. p500/600/650.
- Elles Pension House, Mt Apo cor Gen Luna streets (A J building.), ☎ . a/c single/double rooms with own hot water bathroom and cable TV. WIFI. p520/600.
- Bahay ni Tuding Inn, 160 san pedro street. (behide mercury drug.), ☎ . a.c standard room. p800.
- Emerald Inn, J Camus ext (next to the Sampaguita tourist inn), ☎ . a/c single/double rooms with own hot water bathrooms and cable TV free WIFI. p650/750.
- Southern Tourist Inn, 421 Villa abille street, ☎ . 83.a.c single/double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. p650/750.
- Radiance Inn, San Pedro street, ☎ . a/c rooms with own hot water bathrooms and cable TV. p639/739.
- The Manor Hotel, A pichon street (D.A Bldg.), ☎ . a/c rooms with own Hot water bathrooms and Cable TV free WIFI. p850.
- Darong Lodging Inn, Magalleanes street (next to Sony Service Center), ☎ . fan rooms with hot water bathrooms and Cable TV free WIFI. 12/24 hours. p300/450.
- Bella Suites Hotel., A Pichon Street, ☎ . fan rooms. a/c single/double rooms with hot water bathroom and Cable TV. free WIFI. p299/599/699.
- Alta Pension House, J P Lurel avenue. (over the street from the G mall.), ☎ . single fan with common bathroom. twin fan with common bathroom. a/c twin with common bathroom. p225/350/450.
- Larous Pension House, V liustre street (near JS South mall.), ☎ . fan double. a/c double. p350/400/575.
- House or Tubo Travellers Inn, 100 Fatima street Kawayan drive (poly subdivision Matina), ☎ . a/c double rooms with own hot water bathroom and cable TV.. free Wifi in rooms. can use the Kitchen to cook. p499.
- Littie Pink House Bed and Breakfast, 17 Jacinto Extension (Dona Vicena Village). a/c Single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV free breakfast. also has 12 hour rate. from p 600.
- Homitori Dormitory Backpackers Hostel, Sta Ana Avenue. (in China town), ☎ . over 100 four bed A/c dorms with common bathrooms. has lockers. has Free wifi. dorm bed 200 per person with with Free breakfast..
- VBH Inn, W Aquino street Agdao, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 12 noon, check-out: 11am. single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable tv. phone in room. single p 430. double p 480..
- RGH Tourist Inn Hotel, Magsaysay Street Kapalong, ☎ . Check-in: 24 hours. economy single/double. deluxe single/double. from p 250 per day.
- Berlay Backpackers and Tourist Inn, Awhag Village Bacaca Road Poblacion district., ☎ . Check-in: 12 noon, check-out: 11am. six bed dorms. and small a.c rooms with cable TV. free breakfast. locker p 100. dorm bed p 195 per person. a/c room from p 500 ..
- Go Hotel Lanang Davao, Km 7 J P Laurel Aveune. a/c double room with own bathroom and cable TV free wifi. a new budget Hotel with over 200 rooms. from 770 a night.
- N F Suites, Pisces Street Dona Luisa Village Ecoland (near SM Ecoland.), ☎ . a/c room with own bathroom and cable TV. from 699 per day..
- Apo View Hotel. from 2500.
- Marco Polo Hotel. from 3500.
Visiting Mindanao has its risks. Foreigners have been kidnapped, murdered and held for ransom. For this reason, many governments advise against all but necessary travel to Mindanao, Davao included. Terrorists have attacked the city many times in the past few years, with the most recent being the September 2013 bombings in malls. In most cases this means your travel insurance will not pay out if you need to make a claim. Contact your embassy and insurer before travelling to Davao.
Because of the work of the local government on strengthening security during the past decade Davao is generally a safe city even for travellers and violent crime is rare except few parts of downtown Davao are unsafe at night. Armed guards and security forces can be seen everywhere, guarding malls, hotels and public events. Your biggest concern should be pickpockets, who are active in downtown Davao and on jeepneys. If you leave Davao proper, please ensure you do your research as to the safety of the area, as the chances of something happening to you, e.g. being kidnapped, rapidly increases if you are a foreigner.
- Indonesia Consulate General. Melati Street Ecoland. phone 2992931.
- Malaysia Consulate General. Bonifacio Street. Phone 2214050.
- Japan Consular office. R Magsaysay avenue. phone 2213100.
- Bureau of Immigration Davao office. JP Laurel Avenue Bajada, over the street from the Victoria Plaza Mall.
- Visa extensions done in less than one hour.
- Prinera Premium Laundry, Mt Mayon Street (over the street from the Sampaguita tourist inn), ☎ . 9am-7pm. Wash-dry-fold all done within 24 hours. 25 per Kg..
- Netxpress Duterte Street open 24 hours a day 10 per hour. printing 3 per page.
- Southern Philippines Medical Center. JP Laurel Avenue. phone 82-2272731. This DOH hospital. For ₱50 you can see a doctor or a dentist.
- Davao Social Hygiene Clinic. RHWC. Emilio Jacinto Street. (Jacinto Health Center) Phone 82-222-4187. (Free STD and HIV testing and Treatment). mon-fri. 8am-5pm.
- Amesco Drug is a low-cost pharmacy store. There is one on San Pedro Street and one on Quirino Avenue.
- Zenit Dental Centre, 4th floor Gaisano Mall Jp Laurel Avenue, is a clean and has good prices for dental work.
- Digos 66 kms south of Davao, a 1.5-hour bus ride.
- Bukidnon 4/5 hours bus ride.
- Cagayan de Oro, bus/van 7-10h duration depending on weather/traffic/road construction, multiples stop including lunch+diner break.
- General Santos, 149 kms, 3/4-hour bus ride.
- Butuan city, 6/7-hour bus/van ride.
- Cotabato City , 5/6-hour bus/van ride.
- Mati 3/4 hours bus/ van ride from Davao.
- Bislig 6 hour bus ride from Davao.
- Tagum 2 hour bus ride from Davao.
- Kidapawan 3 hour bus ride from Davao