Cotabato City is a city, the regional center of the newly rarified Bangsamoro region.
Cotabato City is the City of cultural charms, because the city is the melting pot of different beliefs like Christians, Muslims and Lumads.
- Buses, jeepneys, Minivans bound for Cotabato are available in many parts of Maguindanao, Sultan Kudarat and North Cotabato.
- Mindanao Star buses from Davao city 6 hours.
- Minivans from Koronadal, General Santos, Iligan, Pagadian. Davao.
- Husky Bus lines from Koronadal and General Santos.
- 1 Cotabato Airport (CBO IATA Awang Airport).
- Cebu Pacific has flights to/from Manila and Zamboanga.
- Philippines Airlines has flights to/from Manila
The port for ferries is in Parang, Maguindanao.
- PC Hill painted houses
- Tantawan park
- Kutawato Cave
- Sultan Hassanal Bolkhia Masjid (Grand Mosque)
- Rio Grande De Mindanao
- Down Town
- Takumi Butai Shrine
- Tamontaka Church
- ORG Compound
- River cruising in Rio Grande De Mindanao
- Malling in Mall of Alnor, CityMall and Southseas Mall
- Enjoy spelunking in Kutawato Caves
- Swim in the virgin beaches of Timaco
- Walking and sunset viewing in “baiwalk” (Baywalk)
- Take a picture the largest mosque in the Philippines the Hajji Hassanal Bolkhia Masjid.
- Take a picture to the colorful houses of PC Hill.
- KCC Mall de Cotabato. 9AM-8PM.
- Puregold Supermarket, S K Pendatum Aveune. 8AM-9PM.
- City Mall, Gov Guterrez Avenue.. 9AM-8PM. Has a cinema supermarket and many fast food outlets.
- Cafe Le Sorelle, Sinsuat Avenue Sema Bldg, corner Macapagal Street. Su 10:30AM-6:30PM, M-Sa 9:30AM-7:30PM. Their chicken, pastas and cheesecakes are recommended.
- Pagana Kutawato, Rufo Manara Street Rosary Heights XI. Pork-less menu featuring native and local foods: fresh seafood - tuna, other fishes, crabs, large shrimp, and other shellfish.
- Las Hermanas, Sinsuat Avenue. Su-Th 10AM-10PM, F Sa 10AM-11:30PM. Siomai, dim sum, pork dishes. Pork-less dishes.
- Moro Cafe, ORC Compound, Gov. Gutierrez Avenue. M-F 8AM-9PM, Sa Su 7AM-8PM.
- Rebecca Buffet, Salipada K. Pendatun Street. Kare-kare (buntot ng tuna), inihaw na panga, kilawin, fried chicken, shrimps, sinigang na isda, sweets, cookies, unlimited rice. ₱400 per person.
- Tati’s Bar and Grill, 027 Ramon Rabago Sr Ave.
- El Manuel Hotel, #3 Quezon Avenue, Cotabato City (in front of Puregold Cotabato and KCC Mall), ☏ . DOT Accredited. Fully airconditioned rooms, Flat TV cable ready, swimming pool. ₱1000-3000.
- Em Manor Hotel and Convention Center (DOT Accredited), Sinsuat Avenue, RH 9, Cotabato City (near the new Cotabato City Hall), ☏ . DOT Accredited. Fully airconditioned rooms, Flat TV cable ready, Wi-Fi, free breakfast. ₱990-5000.
- Alnor Suites, Sinsuat Aveune, Rosary Heights 9, Cotabato City (in front of Mall of Alnor), ☏ . DOT Accredited 2-star hotel. Rooms: Electronic keycard, fully airconditioned, mini bar with complimentary coffee and mineral water, Wi-Fi, Flat LCD tv with cable ready, free breakfast buffet. Amenities: Pavillion pool, conference room, sky view music room and business center. ₱2700-6000.
- Hotel Castro, Sinsuat Avenue, ☏ . Fan/AC rooms with own bathroom. Some rooms have cable TV. ₱300/₱500.
- City Plaza Hotel, Makakua Street (overlooking the Plaza), ☏ . Double A/C rooms with cable TV. ₱450.
The city is surrounded by the war-torn Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao; there is high risk from spillovers of the Islamists insurgency from that region. See travel warnings at the region page.
- Cotabato Regional Medical Center. Sinsuat Avenue Rosary Heights. +63 64-4212192.
- Bureau of Immigration Cotabato office. 2nd floor Alnor Complex, Sinsuat Avenue.
Davao, 5-hour bus ride.