Dipolog is the capital of the province of Zamboanga del Norte.
- 1 Dipolog Airport (DPL IATA) (North of downtown). Serves the city proper and nearby Dapitan. It has a single runway that has been upgraded in 1992 to accommodate small jets like the Airbus A320 family.
Ground transportation: There are tricycles to downtown, waiting outside the terminal.
- To visit other cities you can take a Rural Transit bus to Ozamiz , Iligan , Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro or Pagadian.
- Rural Transit Bus (RTMI) is the main company they have air conditioned and non-aircon (de luxe buses).
- Air conditioned bus fares are 20% more than non-A/C bus fares.
- The bus from Dipolog to Dapitan departs every 20 mins up to 7PM and takes 45 min. The cost is ₱20.
- There is a new ferry port in Dipolog (Galas Port).
- Medallion Transport has a non-stop ferry six times a week: Sunday till friday at 7PM going to Cebu City. Fares from ₱790. The Medallion ferry from Cebu City to Dipolog departs Su-F at 8:30PM.
The best way to get around are tricycle, habal-habal (Single motorcycle), and multicabs.
The center of Dipolog at night during Christmas is a truly wonderful sight: the decorations and the small stalls and the sounds of people. It is truly captivating.
- The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Padre Ramon St, ☏ . Constructed by the Spanish friars in April 15, 1894, records show that the original altar was designed by Dr. Jose Rizal, the sketch of the altar was inspired after that of San Ignacio Church in Manila.
In the morning: You can go to the bay walk to exercise for some energy around 4AM-6AM. Then, go shopping by which the locals call Okay Okay.
In the afternoon: You can get around by walking to Plaza Magsaysay, Bay walk, go swimming in the beach or just go shopping at Lee Plaza, Dipolog Mall, Vallecer or Friendly Mart. Or you can eat snacks from restaurants.
In the evening: Dipolog is sparkling when the night comes. You can go to bay walk which has so many events like concerts. Or go some disco clubs like FatCat or Zpol.
- Alvenda Hilander Farm. Hilander Farm is a new tourist destination in Dipolog City. It takes 2-3 hours by multicab to reach the place, its kinda rough road when you reach Center place in Mutia, going to the said place. The place have nice native and antique style of the house, swimming pool for kids and for adults with nice and cool overflowing water. They also have a zipline.
Shopping malls & supermarkets
- Lee Plaza Mall & Supermarket, Quezon Avenue, ☏ . 9AM-8PM. Three-floor shopping mall with a Chow King and Jollibee.
- City Mall, Sta Filomena. 9AM-9PM. Has a savemore supermarket.
- Gasisano Mall & Gaisano Supermarket, Tomas Claudio Extension. 10AM-8PM.
- Robinsons Mall Dipolog, Galas. 9AM-8PM.
- JO's. Try their BBQ with unlimited rice, Chicken Tinola in Coconut Shell, and Halu-halo in Coconut Shell.
- Jollibee, J P Rizal street, ☏ . 7AM-10PM. Has breakfasts from 7AM till 11AM.
- Top Plaza Pensionne, Malvar street. corner Quezon aveune., ☏ . A/C dormitory type. Fan standard double with outside bathroom. Big A/C superior double with own bathroom and cable TV, free Wi-Fi. ₱150/₱280/₱560.
- Casa Jose pension house., Riverside estaka., ☏ . Fan rooms with cable TV. From ₱300.
- GV Hotel, Quezon avenue, ☏ . A/C single and double rooms all with own bathrooms and cable TV. The GV Hotel in Dipolog has 58 rooms. ₱450/₱625.
- Green mellow court, Osmena street, ☏ . Fan rooms with own bathrooms. A/C rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. Fan room ₱250, A/C room ₱620.
- Bamboo Garden Business Inn, 26 Burgos street and Bonifacio street, ☏ . A/C double room with outside bathroom. A/C double with own bathroom and cable TV. ₱400/₱625.
- Eurtacias Pension House, P Gomez cnr Gonzales streets, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: 2PM. Fan double room with outside bathroom. A/C single with own bathroom and cable TV. A/C double room with own bathroom and cable TV. Fan room ₱230, air-con room ₱350/₱450..
- Chip N By the Sea Resort, Sunset Boulevard, ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Fan, A/C rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. Free breakfast. From ₱300.
- FSA Traders Inn 2, 5th floor Felicidad 1 Blud Quezon Avenue (above Land bank), ☏ . Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. A/C double room with own bathroom and cable TV, free Wi-Fi. ₱600.
- Antonios Pension House, Gen Luna street Cor Martinez Street., ☏ , . Check-in: 14.00, check-out: noon. A/C double room with own bathroom, cable TV, free Wi-Fi. From ₱499.
- Dr Jose Rizal Memorial Hospital, Lawa-an. +63 65-2136421. DOH Hospital.
- Generika Drug store, Lacaya Street.